Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which country has the most beautiful nature?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManfredH View Post
    For nature per sq meter, Costa Rica. 7% of all biodiversity in the world can be found within it's very small borders
    7% seems a little bit exaggerated, but no doubt that Costa Rica is an exceptional country, talking about biodiversity, and I would like to visit it only because of this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
      7% seems a little bit exaggerated, but no doubt that Costa Rica is an exceptional country, talking about biodiversity, and I would like to visit it only because of this point.
      It seems the high biodiversity has to do with a combination of factors. Costa Rica has a lot of sea territories with lots of coral reefs and on two oceans(migratory patterns help a lot), As a Landbridge CR sees a lot of biodiversity as well, not to mention reforestation efforts have been very extensive, so primary forests which were saved are now well connected through secundary forests(the position in the world favours multiple microclimates. you drive for 20 minutes and you can see temperatures change even 4 degrees celsius, or go from a sunny afternoon to a rainy one. the abundance of water all over CR has always been a contributing factor as well).
      *The figure might be exagerated also due to a factor. Costa Rica's Three public Universities make up almost half of all academic publications of Central America, this disparity in publications can represent costa rican biologists discovering new species more often than other's in the region which could cause the illusion of more species, when in fact just other countries havent allocated the same amount of resources towards publishing about wildlife in their region.

Comment

Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia), New Zealand, Japan, Thailand, Canada, India, Nepal, China, Switzerland and the US

Comment

Originally posted by ManfredH View Post
          It seems the high biodiversity has to do with a combination of factors. Costa Rica has a lot of sea territories with lots of coral reefs and on two oceans(migratory patterns help a lot), As a Landbridge CR sees a lot of biodiversity as well, not to mention reforestation efforts have been very extensive, so primary forests which were saved are now well connected through secundary forests(the position in the world favours multiple microclimates. you drive for 20 minutes and you can see temperatures change even 4 degrees celsius, or go from a sunny afternoon to a rainy one. the abundance of water all over CR has always been a contributing factor as well).
          *The figure might be exagerated also due to a factor. Costa Rica's Three public Universities make up almost half of all academic publications of Central America, this disparity in publications can represent costa rican biologists discovering new species more often than other's in the region which could cause the illusion of more species, when in fact just other countries havent allocated the same amount of resources towards publishing about wildlife in their region.
          In my head, the biodiversity mostly cames from the meeting of North and South America, lol, I guess it's a bit naive to see it that simple, but I liked this idea and I should check more about your country. Anyway, I'm grateful for the informatiosn you gave me here, it's very interesting to see the efforts from CR, and to see how it is from a native perspective.
          For the figure, maybe it's a factor, yes, it's also very difficult to imagine tens of thousand or more species in such little place, especially for someone like me, living in a place or many species aren't living here anymore.

Once again, thank you, this makes me wanting to see it by my own eyes more than before :3

Comment

Absolutely, my lovely country indonesia!

Comment

I don't know which is the most beautiful place.. I know many places.. This one is new. Just saw pics of Ancelle, France.. It is very beautiful. I wanted to go to France. Now this place is in my bucket list..

Comment

New Zeland

Comment

Indonesia..........

Comment

Turkey especially Black Sea region

Comment

Canada has the most beautiful nature.

Comment

Norwegian Fjords

Comment

china and russia

Comment

To my mind, Russia, Brazile, Switzerland and the USA are the most beautiful countries

Comment

Jamaica

Comment

I'll be biased and root for Nepal which is seriously natural blessed. I mean which fool could even resist the absolutely breathtaking Himalayas, diverse valleys and lakes etc. I'd attach some pictures on here as evidence but I can't seem to figure this shit out for now

Comment

Working...
                                X