• Show
Clear All

We are having a really hot day today: 14°

Global warming sucks

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
      We are having a really hot day today: 14°

Global warming sucks
      Yeah, resurrection of Jesus will happen at the arctic circle. He will finally break himself free from all those satanic glaciers!!

Comment

The Netherlands. Currently a cool summer day with 16 degrees celsius on a cloudy day. This is NL, never great weather, but never terrible either.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post

Yeah, resurrection of Jesus will happen at the arctic circle. He will finally break himself free from all those satanic glaciers!!
          What are you foaming at the mouth about, Bindhu? Go wash yourself in that sewer you call the Ganges.

Comment

Originally posted by Talise12 View Post
            Here very hot are these summer days... around 35-38 celsius.
            Same place, same day, but 20 celsius now, welcome in hungarian summer yes can be 15 celsius change suddenly.

(Rogercamel please biggest respect for rivers! specially if came from Himalaya, dont call that sewer )

Comment

(Rogercamel please biggest respect for rivers! specially if came from Himalaya, dont call that sewer )
              I respect rivers. The people who have polluted them are the ones who do not respect them. The Ganges is badly polluted and calling it an "open air sewer" is something I heard on a televised documentary recently.

Right now it's 4° ...a cool summer evening.

Comment

Good news they try to stop pollution on the rivers.

"The Ganges river, considered sacred by more than 1 billion Indians, has become the first non-human entity in India to be granted the same legal rights as people. A court in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand ordered on Monday that the Ganges and its main tributary, the Yamuna, be accorded the status of living human entities. The decision, which was welcomed by environmentalists, means that polluting or damaging the rivers will be legally equivalent to harming a person."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-human-beings

22 celsius windy cloudly but sunny too...beautiful by Balaton lake.
                Last edited by Talise12; 08-13-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Good news they try to stop pollution on the rivers.

"The Ganges river, considered sacred by more than 1 billion Indians, has become the first non-human entity in India to be granted the same legal rights as people. A court in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand ordered on Monday that the Ganges and its main tributary, the Yamuna, be accorded the status of living human entities. The decision, which was welcomed by environmentalists, means that polluting or damaging the rivers will be legally equivalent to harming a person."
                  Passing a law in parliament is one thing. Enforcing the law is something else. Talk is cheap. India and enforcement do not go together.

9° sunny...expected high of 14°

Comment

Not only talk India plants 66 million trees in 12 hours! The previous record was set by India in 2016, when they planted 49.3 million tree saplings in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh in 24 hours.

http://www.iflscience.com/environmen...s-in-12-hours/

I hope you can show me similar news from USA, sure Trump do something too againts climate change

27 celsius, warm and sunny I go for swimming

Comment

Not only talk India plants 66 million trees in 12 hours! The previous record was set by India in 2016, when they planted 49.3 million tree saplings in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh in 24 hours.

I hope you can show me similar news from USA, sure Trump do something too againts climate change

Very good for India that they are planting trees but this has nothing to do with cleaning the Ganges. (It has more to do with reforestation after serious deforestation). As for the USA, I don't care how many trees they have planted. Americans in general are respectful of their environment and this is evident to anyone who visits that country. You should go see to New York City...it's remarkably clean. I'm sure you can get a direct flight from Prague to NYC...

Temperature in NYC today is 28° perfect for swimming...or shopping!

Last edited by RogerCarmel; 08-14-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

What I would find funny is that they planted those trees but... actually, it would be 66M of oil palm trees *o*

Have you some informations about the trees ? And how many volunteers ? Because it seems a little bit exagerated... Thank you.

Comment

Rainy season here since June. Gonna rain till October at least so mostly rainy if not dark and gloomy. There was an unexpected day of sun though and that was very nice. And it's a bit chilly at night becuase of the rain but one sleeps better too, waking up is another thing...
                          Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one’s courage.

Comment

here where i live was hot like in hell today

Comment

Usually 32°C at afternoon & 24°C in midnight. Hot as desert because it could be 34°C. My deodorant was melted

Comment

Working...
                              X