Ban on sale of fur in San Fran, california

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ban on sale of fur in San Fran, california

San fransisco will be banning the production and sale of new fur products. Used fur products may still be sold, though. This is a big step in the direction towards animal welfare. I am glad this ban is being passed. <3

Originally posted by SoCalwife View Post
    San fransisco will be banning the production and sale of new fur products. Used fur products may still be sold, though. This is a big step in the direction towards animal welfare. I am glad this ban is being passed. <3
    At least 30 years ago my 'Swiss Miss' decided it was her duty to dissuade women from buying fur coats inside a London Department store. Her slight German accent usually tipped the balance. That, and the animal rights brigade releasing tens of thousands of mink into the British countryside (around the same time.) Suddenly mink had a bad name! With tens of thousands of elusive mink still hidden along British watercourses, I'm uncertain what's changed 30 years later?
    Last edited by look4swissmiss; 03-15-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

at least in california, I think it is awareness of animal cruelty that takes place to acquire fur.

Comment

Honestly I didn't realize people still bought fur in the first place, other than antiques. In my part of Kansas, anything people have made of fur is an animal they had to trap for other reasons (the death of one raccoon saves the lives of a dozen chickens, and coyotes are getting bolder) and they didn't want to waste any part of it.

Comment

Too bad, sad news.

Comment

sadly, it is a big part of the fashion industry. A few big companies were speaking against this ban and wanted to continue producing and selling these items of intense cruelty because....they dont care. But it passed and companies have until the beginning of the year to make changes.

Comment

A sad day for fur lovers is all I can say.

Comment

^^ troll. no need to mock.

Comment

Not mocking anyone : ) this is a public forum and I'm allowed to express my opinion. I think it's sad to ban.

Comment

1. I am stating what happened and why it's good to have such a ban.
                    2. I didn't say you couldn't say what you wanted

Comment

Working...
                    X