What do you do to keep the nature?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do to keep the nature?

I separate the trash, the recyclabe trash from organic. I don't eat meat and try not to consume too much. I also help enviromental ONG. And you?

We have some natioanl rules alread as separating the trash (plastics + glass + paper/cardboard and, of course have some stuff that are forbidden to put in a trashcan like cells) and having to pay if we have too much garbages.
    Those things apart, I use my legs when i can walk instead of using a car, a bus or another transportation. I also don't buy anything I don't need and try to keep it until it's really broken (despite my unability to fix anything), waste as less food as possible (at least, there is never any rest) and one or two small stuff like this.

However, to "keep the nature", everything is played on a national or a global level. It's only by having some laws that the nature can be preserved and not by having some habits like we have because it's 1 : to little and 2 : don't concern the biggest problem that is industries/multinationals. Taking an example, the waste sorting works because it's the law. Being a part of a NGO is also, in some extent, more effective.

A last thing: Forbiding yourself to eat meat is not especially better. In fact, it depends which meat you are eating and with what you are replacing it. An industrial meat is, indeed, a cancer and should be avoided (but so is any industrial or proceed food), however some meats come from animals that are raised in pastures and those cattles are often contributing to the preservation of a whole ecosystem. Finally, it also depends form where does your food comes from. Thus, replacing a steak from the local pasture with an industrial tofu that comes from 9000km away is not really a good idea.

Comment

I try to focus on things that prevent plastic pollution, so making sure to properly separate recyclables and that sort of thing.

Also, as a scuba diver, I bring a mesh dive bag with me whenever I go to the water, so that I can pick up the trash that other people leave both in and out of the water. It's not much, but it makes a surprisingly large difference. More people doing the same kind of cleanup, even just once or twice, would dramatically change the ocean's pollution for the better. Same applies to land, too!

Comment

Every month, I sacrifice one of my coworkers to the gods of nature. My boss is always wondering where all the people are disappearing, but so far he hasn't figured it out, so nature should be fine for the time being.

Comment

I eat mostly only proteins like fish and high quality meat as addition to vegetables with only very few carbs. It increases the grain prices.....this is good in long term strategy for the overblown world population.

Trash is obligatory separable here.

I'm avoiding to buy china crap that produces too much trash and over sea transport ways pollute earths atmosphere. I can afford to pay more for better products. ( of course it needs to be really better)

Comment

Originally posted by Atma04 View Post
            I separate the trash, the recyclabe trash from organic. I don't eat meat and try not to consume too much. I also help enviromental ONG. And you?
            I feed the birds...

Comment

Originally posted by GregoryLionborn View Post
              I try to focus on things that prevent plastic pollution, so making sure to properly separate recyclables and that sort of thing.

Also, as a scuba diver, I bring a mesh dive bag with me whenever I go to the water, so that I can pick up the trash that other people leave both in and out of the water. It's not much, but it makes a surprisingly large difference. More people doing the same kind of cleanup, even just once or twice, would dramatically change the ocean's pollution for the better. Same applies to land, too!

Nice! a fellow scuba diver here too. We actively organize underwater and beach cleanups. Educate the locals about the plastic pollution. We implemented segregated trash collection methods in our village and basically reward people who collect trash and leave less carbon footprints!

Comment

Nothing except sorting the trash, then again, I don't really pollute much either, I don't even drive a car.

Comment

Do you think the nature is weaker and stupider than you?
                  You don't plough, you don't harvest ... At the time of the labor feat, you were a dustman.
                  Last edited by dmitri11; 06-03-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atma04 View Post
                    Cool. Are you vegetarian or vegan?

Comment

i am one with nature when i sun bathe nude

Comment

Originally posted by sun-of-a-beach View Post
                        i am one with nature when i sun bathe nude
                        when mosquitos bite you, don't move, stay still

Comment

When I produce used plastic waste food or drink that I have bought, then I will separate it with other types of garbage. Because the big change actually starts from a simple action. Then waste is also produced at all times, so it would be nice for a country to have good regulation in environmental management. So that at least the current generation does not worsen the state of the earth. Yippiiii

Comment

Working...
                          X