Turkey's opposition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Lauri- View Post
    Turkey right now mirrors a lot of what Russia is like right now. With the Stalinist Soviet Union it has little to do.
    As usual, no evidence to back your assertion.

Comment

Your mentally ill bullshit doesn't need to be discussed more than that.

Comment

It's not like that, maybe somewhere deep in Anatolia but not in the opposition strongholds. Erdogan's popular support has its boundaries, and in many places those boundaries aren't very high at all.
        Mmmh, which part of Turkey is not Anatolia? Is there more than the tiny European part? Düzce already is Anatolia obviously.....at least what I said is already truth there - 200km from Istanbul

http://www.zeit.de/2016/18/tuerkei-v...ung-gefaengnis
        In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Düzce is strong Erdogan territory with 2/3 voting for AKP, but much of the coasts including Istanbul aren't.

Comment

Very interesting map.

....which makes unfortunately visible that what I said is true for about 80% of Turkey.
            In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Your mentally ill bullshit doesn't need to be discussed more than that.
              Ah, your typical "everyone is mentally ill but me" outburst rant

Pressure?

Seems you don't wish to discuss ideas and their basis "for whatever reason"..

For sure Putin is undemocratic and so on. However Erdogan well and truly outdoes him on a huge number of categories included but not limited to numbers of political prisoners, journalists in prison, the control he is trying to establish over the military by the purges he's instituted and even the cult of personality that Erdogan has far far outranks that of Putin.

Furthermore, the ideology of Erdogan has a lot of features that are very similar to the Communist ideological stream followed by Stalin.

Comment

An "idea" that Turkey would somehow resemble a totalitarian state where tens of millions were murdered is simply retarded. Turkey is a flawed democracy, not more and also not less.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                  Very interesting map.

....which makes unfortunately visible that what I said is true for about 80% of Turkey.
                  Not merely 80% true for Turkey I'd guess. The map's scale is highly misleading - the yellow on the European side of Istanbul is concentrated in Istanbul. Now, Istanbul contains something like 1/4 of Turkey's total population and is far more densely populated than the rest of European Turkey.

My guess is that Lauri has blindly and stupidly taken a look at that map, saw more red on the European side of Istanbul and concluded "somehow" that opposition to Erdogan is somehow much stronger on the European side of Turkey than on the Asian side. That's a problem with someone I guess who is not able to discern the difference between population density and population size

Comment

The map's scale is the standard cartographic projection of Turkey, and in no way "misleading". The western coast includes also other major cities such as İzmir, so it is not just Istanbul either. About European side I haven't even said anything, your rants are mentally ill.

Comment

europeans and usa politicians afraid russians (cccp) everytime.
                      . so they support islamic grups in turkey (özal)
                      iran( humeyni) ,
                      in pakestan ( navaz sharif) and usame bin laden in afghanistan.

they dont want lost soldier in far countrys. they need soldier who die for their shit projects in kore, afghanistan, syria. etc.
                      free soldier in korea, in afghanistan, in syria. so they did turkey a member nato. ( turkey is only one country that obliges military service in nato)

so europeans and usa supported islamic groups in TURKEY. I think they dont want modern, demokrat people in turkey . because modern demokrat turks are secular and matrydom is not a motivation for them, they never support korea var, vietnam var, ırak war, syria war. thye nevewr send their boys to syria for die.
                      Last edited by HUNSSON; 07-16-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNSSON View Post
                        so europeans and usa supported islamic groups in TURKEY. I think they dont want modern, demokrat people in turkey . because modern demokrat turks are secular and matrydom is not a motivation for them.
                        ouch - how can it be Europes fault when Turkish people in Turkey vote for Erdogan? Don't they have their own brains?

Do Europeans tell them that martyrdom is a motivation and secularism is bad? 50% of modern Turks are not secular......and this is not Europes fault or any others Western country.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNSSON View Post
                          europeans and usa politicians afraid russians (cccp) everytime.
                          . so they support islamic grups in turkey (özal)
                          iran( humeyni) ,
                          in pakestan ( navaz sharif) and usame bin laden in afghanistan.

they dont want lost soldier in far countrys. they need soldier who die for their shit projects in kore, afghanistan, syria. etc.
                          free soldier in korea, in afghanistan, in syria. so they did turkey a member nato. ( turkey is only one country that obliges military service in nato)

so europeans and usa supported islamic groups in TURKEY. I think they dont want modern, demokrat people in turkey . because modern demokrat turks are secular and matrydom is not a motivation for them, they never support korea var, vietnam var, ırak war, syria war. thye nevewr send their boys to syria for die.
                          Why don't they just stay in Turkey and move from their 'pretend' country in Europe wherever it is and go back to Turkey, their mother country? Turks in Germany etc. will never see that country as their home and it will never be their native country. If Turks want to blame Europeans for anything, blame them for being brainwashed and oblivious.... many Europeans don't want these countries interfered with including the ME but Cultural Marxist politicians support such status quo politics. Also, that would include the clueless idiots who vote for them - go blame them.

That goes double for the leftists who whine about the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by Tux1 View Post
                            Turks in Germany etc. will never see that country as their home and it will never be their native country.
                            Nonsense, many ethnic Turkish people in Germany are German citizens born in Germany and totally at home. If you look at the German national football team for example you will see names like Can, Gündoğan, Demirbay, Özil. What you mean is that you don't see it as their home.

Comment

Nonsense, many ethnic Turkish people in Germany are German citizens born in Germany and totally at home. If you look at the German national football team for example you will see names like Can, Gündoğan, Demirbay, Özil. What you mean is that you don't see it as their home.
                              They're not ethnic Germans, though. They're Turks. It doesn't matter what is printed on their nationality cards. I also don't care about their football team. It's redundant.

Comment

The map's scale is the standard cartographic projection of Turkey, and in no way "misleading". The western coast includes also other major cities such as İzmir, so it is not just Istanbul either. About European side I haven't even said anything, your rants are mentally ill.
                                Nothing mentally ill at all with inferring information regarding the European side of Turkey - and specifically referring to Istanbul - when you are making bullshit statements about Istanbul and support for Erdogan when it was implied from your posting to another poster discussing explicitly Anatolia and furthermore your descriptions about AKP support in Istanbul not being high:

Düzce is strong Erdogan territory with 2/3 voting for AKP, but much of the coasts including Istanbul aren't.
                                Last time I'd heard, the bulk of Istanbul's population live on the European side of Istanbul and the bulk on the European side of Turkey live in Istanbul..

In short: I was speculating about where you got your bullshit assessment about AKP's level of support in Istanbul from.

Now the map you are presenting here is problematic from a huge number of perspectives. Firstly "for whatever reason", you chose to picture the June 2015 Legislative Election, not the later November 2015 one without pointing out which election it was:

Secondly, we can see that your claims about Istanbul are total bullshit - especially when we look at the result in terms of Turkish provinces rather than districts as depicted on your map.

As to why you had chosen an earlier rather than later election to illustrate your point... probably because the June 2015 election map has more red on the coast than the November 2015 one when you take a look at it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkis..._November_2015

Comment

Working...
                                X