Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey Invades Syria.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turkey Invades Syria.

    Looks like Turkey is going for a territorial grab in the north of Syria under the pretext of "battling Kurdish terrorists":

    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mi...B?rpc=401&

    So, is Erdogan trying to play Ottoman sultan? What is interesting in the least is that 90000 mosques across Turkey are issuing "conquest prayers"

    https://ahvalnews.com/religion/turki...pport-military

    Is Turkey being dragged into an occupation in Northern Syria where they will get chewed up? Russia "for whatever reason" is giving tacit approval to the Turkish invasion - which I find interesting to say the least.

    What is going to be the end result of this Turkish invasion? An occupation that will sap Turkey's economic and military energies?

  • #2
    I was just worried as to why it took Aussie so long to kick in to spread out his ausshit.

    For the butthurts, no wonder it is an "invasion", however, the operation is being conducted under the framework of Turkey’s rights based on international law and UN Security Council’s decisions, as per the self-defense right under 51st item of the UN charter.

    Perhaps, a more appropriate question to be asked would be "what the hell USA has been doing in the Middle East" for the last 25 years for a no good reason, arming YPG terrorists against Turkey under the pretext of fighting against ISIS, a product manufactured and distributed in the target markets by the USA&Zionist Brothers Ltd., as well as igniting regional disputes between the region countries.
    Last edited by Bahokan; 01-22-2018, 03:15 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
      Looks like Turkey is going for a territorial grab in the north of Syria under the pretext of "battling Kurdish terrorists":

      https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mi...B?rpc=401&

      So, is Erdogan trying to play Ottoman sultan? What is interesting in the least is that 90000 mosques across Turkey are issuing "conquest prayers"

      https://ahvalnews.com/religion/turki...pport-military

      Is Turkey being dragged into an occupation in Northern Syria where they will get chewed up? Russia "for whatever reason" is giving tacit approval to the Turkish invasion - which I find interesting to say the least.

      What is going to be the end result of this Turkish invasion? An occupation that will sap Turkey's economic and military energies?
      Why don't you ever 'answer' your own threads?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
        I was just worried as to why it took Aussie so long to kick in to spread out his ausshit.
        You seem a bit butthurt there boy - invasion not going as well as you had hoped?

        All that firepower from the supposedly still powerful Turkish army and they have hardly advanced after a couple of days... What was that about Erdogan saying it was going to be quick?????

        I guess that is what happens when a Sultan like Erdogan throws most of his competent generals into prison This invasion of Syria is starting to look like a rerun of Stalin's invasion of Finland in 1939 but without the snow..

        Seems also that the Turkish armed forces are better at killing civilians than they are at killing Kurdish YPG soldiers:

        http://www.syriahr.com/en/?p=83293

        Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
        For the butthurts, no wonder it is an "invasion", however, the operation is being conducted under the framework of Turkey’s rights based on international law and UN Security Council’s decisions, as per the self-defense right under 51st item of the UN charter.
        When 90000 mosques are citing the Quranic Surah al-Fath (The Conquest) in special prayer sessions - it's all about Islamic conquest. In short, it's an Islamic invasion.

        Sharia trumps secular institutions like the UN any time of the day.

        And playing Ottoman military music for the Turks invading Syria completes the picture:

        http://theregion.org/article/12578-n...ttacking-afrin

        Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
        Perhaps, a more appropriate question to be asked would be "what the hell USA has been doing in the Middle East" for the last 25 years for a no good reason, arming YPG terrorists against Turkey under the pretext of fighting against ISIS, a product manufactured and distributed in the target markets by the USA&Zionist Brothers Ltd., as well as igniting regional disputes between the region countries.
        After the mess created by the parasitic Islamist Ottoman Empire in the Middle East, North Africa and The Balkans, someone has to keep a lid on the stinking primitive shit pile left behind by Islam and the Ottomans.

        And Erdogan wants to recreate the Ottoman Empire. Oh, Erdogan wants Mosul and Aleppo:



        Note in the clip Erdogan's mafia-style clothing and the stupid look on the face of his stupid wife. Mafia behaviour and Islam go hand in hand.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

          You seem a bit butthurt there boy - invasion not going as well as you had hoped?
          Nope, it is going pretty well. After all, you should have a good experience with the Turks as evident from the slap marks on your grandpa's face.


          Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
          All that firepower from the supposedly still powerful Turkish army and they have hardly advanced after a couple of days... What was that about Erdogan saying it was going to be quick?????
          Clearing up a city, full of with civilians and booby traps, from the terrorists is not the same as fighting against a regular army. But of course, it would be easy for you guys to take the city in a few hours: just bomb the whole city with the civilians in it and then call it "collateral damage" by pouring crocodile tears in front of
          the ready-to-buy-bullshit media.


          Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
          Seems also that the Turkish armed forces are better at killing civilians than they are at killing Kurdish YPG soldiers
          http://www.syriahr.com/en/?p=83293

          Oh not again: Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. SOHR and Wikiislam: the most reliable media sources only the butthurt lying trolls would refer to...


          Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
          ...............
          Verbal masturbation removed for the valuable server space as we all know that aussie's posts have the same affect as the DoS attacks.

          Now, cut the crap and answer my questions: What is US is doing in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan?
          Last edited by Bahokan; 01-22-2018, 09:35 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
            Nope, it is going pretty well. After all, you should have a good experience with the Turks as evident from the slap marks on your grandpa's face.
            And you believe the Turkish media?????

            Press freedom index: Turkey remains world's worst jailer of journalists

            The number of jailed journalists has hit a historic high for the second consecutive year, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists' press freedom snapshot. China and Egypt join Turkey as the worst offenders.
            http://www.dw.com/en/press-freedom-i...sts/a-41769715

            Turkey is ranked 155th out of 190 in terms of press freedom:

            https://rsf.org/en/2017-world-press-...-tipping-point

            Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
            Clearing up a city,
            Several tiny villages as we write so far.... A real army with hundreds of tanks would be most of the way to Afrin right now.

            Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
            full of with civilians and booby traps, from the terrorists is not the same fighting against a regular army. But of course, it would be easy for you guys to take the city in a few hours: just bomb the whole city with the civilians in it and then call it "collateral damage" by pouring crocodile tears in front of
            the ready-to-buy-bullshit media.
            If only it were true.... here's what Al Bab looked like once the Turkish army went in last year:



            You are full of shit, aren't you? When did you get those statements from? Turkish media?

            Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
            http://www.syriahr.com/en/?p=83293

            Oh not again: Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. SOHR and Wikiislam: the most reliable media sources only the butthurt lying trolls would refer to...
            SOHR occasionally gets some of the details wrong but gives the overall picture pretty much right - even with bias in favour of your Islamist headchopping allies.

            See what I've written previously as to why your news sources are full of shit.

            Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
            Verbal masturbation removed for the valuable server space as we all know that aussie's posts have the same affect as the DoS attacks.
            Yes, you can't counter the reality that Erdogan wants Mosul and Aleppo for his newly reconstructed Ottoman Empire

            Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
            Now, cut the crap and answer my questions: What is US is doing in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan?
            Get some reading comprehension skills boy. I've already answered the question earlier. Here it is again:

            Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
            After the mess created by the parasitic Islamist Ottoman Empire in the Middle East, North Africa and The Balkans, someone has to keep a lid on the stinking primitive shit pile left behind by Islam and the Ottomans.
            But I guess the Ottomans didn't get a chance to shit in Afghanistan because they were stopped by the Persians. Islamists did however have a millennium to totally fuck that place up I guess...
            Last edited by aussieinbg; 01-22-2018, 09:15 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh boy, you cannot challenge my posts even slightest. When you've got balls to answer my question, rather than hiding behind this usual "reading comprehension skills" crap, come back again...

              **yawn**...

              Last edited by Bahokan; 01-23-2018, 05:44 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
                Looks like Turkey is going for a territorial grab in the north of Syria under the pretext of "battling Kurdish terrorists":

                https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mi...B?rpc=401&

                So, is Erdogan trying to play Ottoman sultan? What is interesting in the least is that 90000 mosques across Turkey are issuing "conquest prayers"

                https://ahvalnews.com/religion/turki...pport-military

                Is Turkey being dragged into an occupation in Northern Syria where they will get chewed up? Russia "for whatever reason" is giving tacit approval to the Turkish invasion - which I find interesting to say the least.

                What is going to be the end result of this Turkish invasion? An occupation that will sap Turkey's economic and military energies?
                Very interesting will be the reaction of Russia. Turkey even if Erdogan tries to lick Putin's shoes soles is de facto still a NATO member.
                The next interesting question, how looks NATO central command on this particular 'intervention'?
                We all know that terms like "US calls for restrain" or "Washington is deeply strained" don't say very much about the situation behind the curtains.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bahokan View Post
                  I was just worried as to why it took Aussie so long to kick in to spread out his ausshit.

                  For the butthurts, no wonder it is an "invasion", however, the operation is being conducted under the framework of Turkey’s rights based on international law and UN Security Council’s decisions, as per the self-defense right under 51st item of the UN charter.

                  Perhaps, a more appropriate question to be asked would be "what the hell USA has been doing in the Middle East" for the last 25 years for a no good reason, arming YPG terrorists against Turkey under the pretext of fighting against ISIS, a product manufactured and distributed in the target markets by the USA&Zionist Brothers Ltd., as well as igniting regional disputes between the region countries.
                  Oh boy you're so ignorant in your simple reasoning. If you think YPG is something what is contra productive for Erdogan and his party then you should educate yourself a little bit. Why a dictatorship or similar political systems need an internal enemy.
                  Nevertheless we are NOW one step further.

                  “Of course the people don’t want war. But after all, it’s the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it’s a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”

                  — Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                    Very interesting will be the reaction of Russia. Turkey even if Erdogan tries to lick Putin's shoes soles is de facto still a NATO member.
                    Russian propaganda has been very strangely hugely pro-Turkish about this. I guess that has been a reward for Turkey for Erdogan being the bottom when he and Putin engaged in love-making recently.

                    Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                    The next interesting question, how looks NATO central command on this particular 'intervention'?
                    My guess is that NATO can't believe how stupid and almost suicidal Erdogan is. The winner from this stupidity is Russia - and why Russia is cheerleading Turkey in the intervention and has withdrawn aircover from Afrin.

                    Now, if Turkey loses in Afrin - and the result is not guaranteed there at all because the Kurds there are a well-trained force - then this is very bad for Turkey and Erdogan's prestige.

                    If Turkey does get control of Afrin, then they get a Pandora's box - another area full of guerrilla activity that will bleed the Turkish army just like the east of Turkey presently does. Death by a thousand cuts.

                    Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                    We all know that terms like "US calls for restrain" or "Washington is deeply strained" don't say very much about the situation behind the curtains.
                    It's diplomatic speak for "US is absolutely pissed off at the stupidity of Turkey right now".

                    In any case, it is very much a diplomatic coup for Russia to drive a wedge between Turkey and the US. I suspect that the only reason that the US continues to "tolerate" Turkey is that somehow they are hoping that a more rational government will make its way there and get rid of Erdogan.

                    The Islamists in Ankara suckered in the US during the 2000s with bullshit about "moderate Islam" and now the US is paying the price.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

                      Russian propaganda has been very strangely hugely pro-Turkish about this. I guess that has been a reward for Turkey for Erdogan being the bottom when he and Putin engaged in love-making recently.



                      ...
                      New russian pravda seems to support turks... well, interesting.
                      https://www.rt.com/news/416655-erdog...q-afghanistan/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Very nice article summarising the present state of the Turkish military:

                        http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/co...rticle/2646726

                        The operation in Afrin is not a foregone conclusion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

                          Oh boy you're so ignorant in your simple reasoning. If you think YPG is something what is contra productive for Erdogan and his party then you should educate yourself a little bit. Why a dictatorship or similar political systems need an internal enemy.
                          Nevertheless we are NOW one step further.
                          One factor that all the commentators have missed is the present state of the Turkish economy and the need for Erdogan and his cronies to create diversions. I'm sure that this had also entered into the calculus for the intervention.

                          Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

                          New russian pravda seems to support turks... well, interesting.
                          https://www.rt.com/news/416655-erdog...q-afghanistan/
                          As I had been saying - the Russians want Turkey in Afrin win, lose or draw. It's win-win for Putin all the way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

                            .....
                            As I had been saying - the Russians want Turkey in Afrin win, lose or draw. It's win-win for Putin all the way.
                            The only one option that could pisses off Putin would be if they turkey would annexing this region. "Liberating" a city without taking it over is from strategical view pointless.
                            Personally i don't think Kurds are able to defend the city.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                              The only one option that could pisses off Putin would be if they turkey would annexing this region. "Liberating" a city without taking it over is from strategical view pointless.
                              Annexing the region is a very difficult process politically. They will try to control it however. And in the process of controlling, they will be in for a rough occupation.

                              Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                              Personally i don't think Kurds are able to defend the city.
                              They may ultimately lose that city, but it will cost the Turkish army a lot to get it. I'm sure that Putin would not be unhappy about that happening. The Russians will probably sell the Turks the replacement weapons that they require afterwards.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X