Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass shooting in the USA, Does anyone Care?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Mass shooting in the USA, Does anyone Care?

Friends,

Another 17 school children/teens died from Guns in the USA.

Does anyone care?

If you have a country of gun lovers, and its in your Constitution, then this is what you get?

How do you guys feel about this? I think the time of Guns is over, and we have to all learn to get
    alone.

Please speak out, and let your voice be heard. Thank you.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.

Compared to the mass slaughter in Syria between islamists fighting each other and killing in the order of 1/2 million over the last 7 years, it is a drop in the ocean.

Something like almost 100 American just about every day die because of guns. By those standards 17 dead in a school shooting is only a fraction of the total for just one day. A big number together like that makes for great tabloid TV though.

Muslims make up about 1% of the US population yet have performed about 1/3 of all the mass shootings there over the last few years. Now why is that???

If you happen to be interested in stopping gun crime, you might be interested in what Australia did after the Port Arthur massacre in 1996.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...arms_Agreement

I'm not sure it would be possible to implement such an agreement in the US like in Australia. The "tabloid TV" I eluded to before is a key problem there. In general, the US public seem very under-informed. It doesn't matter if you are on the right getting your news from Fox or on the left getting it from CNN - it's all intellectual junk food. I seriously doubt that many in the US would know about what happens outside the US and that other nations such as Australia and Britain have already a long time ago grappled with issues about gun control and have implemented solutions that work.

Comment

OMG. I know the right to bear arms or sth like that is in US Constitution, but is that so hard to put metal detectors in the entrance to every school?
      I know it costs but Constitutional rights tend to cost.

I support gun rights and I think my country should turn more liberal approach to this topic. But of course such right should come together with improvement in standards of safety.
      http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Originally posted by DrDarrell View Post
        Friends,

Does anyone care?

If you have a country of gun lovers, and its in your Constitution, then this is what you get?

How do you guys feel about this? I think the time of Guns is over, and we have to all learn to get
        alone.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.
        How do you guys feel about this?
        I feel nothing, I just read the gun violence statistics in countries with similar amount of firearms per capita. It's clearly more a societal problem than a problem of gun ownership.

I think the time of Guns is over,
        I think you need full auto assault rifle in multicultural countries with arabs and blacks, just my personal observation after I've read statistics without color blindness about violence in particular countries.
        Last edited by Hades91; 02-28-2018, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Why kill innocuous people? Why not kill bandits, mafia? Everything in here's for sale. Are we going to where other morality regulation?

Comment

Friends,

Does anyone care?
            People care...but Americans care more for the Second Amendment.* Band-Aid measures will be put in place to give Americans a sense of security. Nothing will change and it will happen again.

alone.
            Yes, this is what you get. It's the downside of easy access to firearms.

*Second Amendment: A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Comment

Friends,

Thank you for your opinions. Maybe we need to ban guns in the WHOLE world??? They seem to only be killing people.

I wish we could just get along, and think long term. NOT 50 years but 1000, 2000, what will the world be like then. do we still want guns?

I think the tide is turning, the young people are more against guns... We will have a shift in voting in the next 20 to 30 years. and things will change.

thank you.

dr. Darrell of Michigan. ( Motto: Ban Guns Now )

Comment

In 20-30 years we will have far much more guns and wars. Overpopulation will never create a gun and violence free utopia, rather the contrary.
                Positive thinking is worth a pile of dog poo as far as there is somebody who wants to invade your home, to kill you because of you skin color, religion or just because of your resources.

Comment

You’re living in La-La Land, Dr Darrell, if you think your fellow Americans are going to agree to a ban on guns. If President Obama couldn’t introduce even limp-wristed gun laws after the Newtown killings (25 students & teachers slaughtered) why do you think this time will be any different?

(As an aside, when Americans thought Obama was going to take away their right to own firearms, sales of guns SKYROCKETED...! Such is the American mindset.)

The NRA calls the shots and - as if that weren’t bad enough! - the right to bear arms is enshrined* in the U.S. Constitution. Even worse (!) Americans actually believe that the right to own firearms protects them! LOL

Hades is right. There will be more firearms 20-30 years down the road.

**´enshrined’ ...the word is quite accurate and describes America’s almost religious fervour towards the right to bear weapons.

Comment

Friends,

Does anyone care?

alone.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.
                    If you insist.... I think you're a fool.

Comment

I changed my mind on this topic during the last months. It seems the problem isn't the gun but the murican, so yes, Guns should probably be forbidden in USA because muricans are too stupids with a strong culture of violence, because in a country like Switzerland, there is not thatmuch problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                        I changed my mind on this topic during the last months. It seems the problem isn't the gun but the murican, so yes, Guns should probably be forbidden in USA because muricans are too stupids with a strong culture of violence, because in a country like Switzerland, there is not thatmuch problems.
                        I think a ban will change nothing. In case of a ban, as Roger mentioned, every US firearm fanboy will buy crates of ammunition and will hide his older guns. I don't think that firearms bought decades ago are registered, hence they are outside the system.
                        Such a Colt 1911 is like a hammer, it's nearly indestructible and they sold it since 1911.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                          There's underlying issues in the USA, it's not just a 'gun culture,' they agree with glorifying violence on TV - you have Hollywood movies, video games, neglecting people who clearly have mental issues and there's promoting social media - people are often violent or showing violent tendencies on social media and people don't seem to care. Americans and I guess everyone, in general, react to everything by screaming, 'ban that, ban this' and that is their simple reaction to everything. 'Banning' guns, banning speech, banning pictures, posters, signs,statues and on and on.

As for guns, I read the news about some of these shootings and they occurred in 'gun free zones.' They sometimes have metal detectors, security guards, etc. etc. They might have liberal gun laws but they don't seem to realize that some of the perpetrators have either violent outbursts already or are criminals so they are not going to follow gun laws or behave in a reasonable manner so it's probable that they would try to seize a gun in some way, probably illegally if that was the only option. I will suggest that the society is not being looked at regarding the problem but the government would like it if people would react by wanting the politicians and government to control guns more.

Comment

Friends,

I agree we are not going to totally SOLVE this problem. But If I can save ONE kid, just one, I will be happy. I will never know that I saved one. So I have to keep pushing. The USA has a HUGE silent majority in the middle. basically they are lazy, and just want to do there own things... but if just 10 or 20% of them swing towards the Ban, it will change.

I have 3 kids, ages 26, 24 and 21. only the youngest one voted, the other too were " to busy " ( insert eye roll here ).

it will not be solved over night, it will take decades. But we will chip away at this problem, one death at a time.

Thank you for your time.

dr. Darrell of Michigan. ( motto: Ban Guns NOW! )

Comment

Friends,

I agree we are not going to totally SOLVE this problem. But If I can save ONE kid, just one, I will be happy. I will never know that I saved one. So I have to keep pushing. The USA has a HUGE silent majority in the middle. basically they are lazy, and just want to do there own things... but if just 10 or 20% of them swing towards the Ban, it will change.

I have 3 kids, ages 26, 24 and 21. only the youngest one voted, the other too were " to busy " ( insert eye roll here ).

it will not be solved over night, it will take decades. But we will chip away at this problem, one death at a time.

Thank you for your time.

dr. Darrell of Michigan. ( motto: Ban Guns NOW! )
                              Start with Hollywood,almost all my life I have been watching your movies wherein Sooo many " problems " are Solved by guns,,the "dude" is getting in your face ? gunnim down,..Cheating at cards Gunnim down..Wants your woman ? Gunnim down...Ever noticed that the Hero in the plot usually has a gun and usually uses it ?
                              Stop lying to support the anti guns stance,,to whit " Big lie" Australians do NOT have the constitutional right to bear aims , probably mainly because they do NOT have a constitution and when so many of them gave up their rifles they were complying with the law of the land,ameriica cannot pass a law like that Because of americans constitutional Rights...
                              Americans voluntarily giving up their guns is a snowflake pipe dream...
                              TRUST your defense to the Authorities,armed police will protect you,like those four armed officers PROTECTED florida school kids ( except for 17 of them who WHAT ! Succumbed to their injuries ? They were shot dead and armed cops didn't lift a finger,is this the first instance where armed security personnel lacked the "moral fibre" to do their SWORN duty..
                              And be sure to have all your education programmes about the evils of guns in additional languages like Spanish and in language the inner city black kids can understand and put it on channels these people watch...

Comment

Working...
                              X