Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Germany owes Poland $850 billion dollars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany owes Poland $850 billion dollars?

Poland Head of the parliamentary committee on reparations says Germany could owe his country up to $850 billion for war crimes in WW2.

Poland's governing conservatives have set up a parliamentary committee tasked with looking into the extent of World War II reparations they claim is owed by Germany, the new body's head said Friday.
    "We want to begin work in the Polish parliament that will result in an analysis of the estimated amount that Germany owes Poland," the committee's presiding lawmaker Arkadiusz Mularczyk told the Polish news agency PAP.

Earlier this month Prime Minister Beata Szydlo said Warsaw "has the right" to ask for reparations.
    But German government spokesman Steffen Seibert responded that the issue had already been settled when "Poland made a binding decision in August 1953... to relinquish demands for further war reparations."
    Sources:
    https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/europe/156638-170930-poland-tasks-lawmakers-with-estimating-german-war-reparations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.6d8a75522a0f

As I remember Greece had wanted reparations from Germany for WW2 too.To date, Poland has not made an official demand yet.But this issue can come up many parliaments in Europe nowadays.

Is this issue(or demand) justifiable? what do you think? Must Germany pay to Poland and others?
    AGREE
    45.45%
    DISAGREE
    54.55%
    NOT SURE
    0%
    Last edited by ekinox; 03-07-2018, 04:23 PM.

850 000 000 000 USD is too few it is 1 200 000 000 000 EUR

Pay debts Kraut

//Sarcasm mode off

I think if germany stops oppressing us through EU with their shitty repefugee quotas, we will be willing to forget the sum for a while

Comment

Seems a little late to be presenting them with the bill, like getting the US government to pay black people for slavery reparations, when that stopped 150 years ago. Poland might have had better luck with all that in the late 1940s.

It's an interesting twist that they're saying a 1953 agreement is invalid because the Soviets were running things then. The Russians probably were more concerned with an Eastern European land grab than having their reluctant satellite nations settle up back then.

Comment

germany has paid loads of marks and euros to israel since establishment if israel, they should pay poland too for WWII damages. They are both goyim afterall.
        http://oi59.tinypic.com/28cgg01.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BosphorusTaurus View Post
          germany has paid loads of marks and euros to israel since establishment if israel, they should pay poland too for WWII damages. They are both goyim afterall.
          Speaking of countries that owe others countless billions of dollars.. when is Turkey - the successor state of the Ottoman Empire - going to pay compensation for the mass murder and genocide of up to 1 1/2 million Armenians and many hundreds of thousands of Assyrians?

Comment

Because it’s not genocide and isnt considered genocide internationally, attention-seeking asstralian idiot. Try better to derail actual topic. You are not a good goyim.
            http://oi59.tinypic.com/28cgg01.jpg

Comment

No need for Germany to pay us anything. BUT they should remember about this debt when they whine that Poland "has to take migrants". Because we won't
              http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Because it’s not genocide and isnt considered genocide internationally, attention-seeking asstralian idiot.
                Our little puppy starts yelping.. butthurt from toilet training I guess, or chewing on bones too soon:

More and more are becoming educated about Turkey's lying and bullshit about this matter. Hence you see more and more countries' parliaments recognise the genocidal crimes that the Ottomans committed - in spite of Turkish bullying on the issue.

This all contrasts to Germany who are very open about their past crimes. They tend not to commit them anymore. Turkey does right now. Just take a look at what is happening in Afrin right now..

Try better to derail actual topic.
                It's all very much on topic. Here's what you said - changing the focus away from Poland...

It all therefore becomes a more general question of paying compensation for historical misdeeds - and demonstrating Germany's willingness to do so whereas Turkey lies and bullshits about its history.

So, stop squealing like a sulking little pig when the thread isn't going the way you hoped

You are not a good goyim.
                You are a bigoted racist little boy, aren't you?

I guess you are still butthurt - even though it was 100 years ago - that The Ottomans lost Palestine to British and Australian forces.. The Ottomans couldn't be bothered about defending "holy" Jerusalem because they were off chasing madcap Turanist wet dreams of an empire in Central Asia by concentrating their armies in The Caucasus.

Comment

It is not the case that no reparations were paid. West Germany did not pay so much, East Germany paid all the more. In both cases German companies and personal assets were dispossessed outside of Germany. Inside of Germany companies and even private homes were dismantled. Even water taps were ripped of the walls. Artwork was stolen if legally or illegally. About 50% of all railways in East Germay were brought outside of Germany.

I think it is really hilarious to come up with demands for reparations after such a long time.

I also think it would be hilarious to demand reparations in form of money from Turkey for the Armenian genocide. I think asking for forgiveness and teaching in their history books how 1.5 Million Armenians died would be more appropriate and helpful.
                  In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                    It is not the case that no reparations were paid. West Germany did not pay so much, East Germany paid all the more. In both cases German companies and personal assets were dispossessed outside of Germany. Inside of Germany companies and even private homes were dismantled. Even water taps were ripped of the walls. Artwork was stolen if legally or illegally. About 50% of all railways in East Germay were brought outside of Germany.

I think it is really hilarious to come up with demands for reparations after such a long time.

I also think it would be hilarious to demand reparations in form of money from Turkey for the Armenian genocide. I think asking for forgiveness and teaching in their history books how 1.5 Million Armenians died would be more appropriate and helpful.
                    Nonsense you didn't even cover 1% of the damages you made. I don't think German properties Poland took over as a result of WW2 could come anywhere near the amount of losses it suffered (hundreds of billions of $)
                    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

Sunna, germany lost the war as the beginner of this conflict.
                      War reparations are usually paid by the loser not by winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                        Sunna, germany lost the war as the beginner of this conflict.
                        War reparations are usually paid by the loser not by winner.
                        I guess that is why the OP started this topic. Turkey definitely lost WW1 and still hasn't paid up yet for its genocidal sins. Also, Turkey is engaging in new conflicts which it started and which it might well lose.

So naturally, it is in the interest of the OP to find out how many 100s of billions or even trillions Turkey is going to ultimately owe based on the experience of Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

I guess that is why the OP started this topic. Turkey definitely lost WW1 and still hasn't paid up yet for its genocidal sins. Also, Turkey is engaging in new conflicts which it started and which it might well lose.

So naturally, it is in the interest of the OP to find out how many 100s of billions or even trillions Turkey is going to ultimately owe based on the experience of Germany.
                          It's rather the implemented hatred of Turkish media towards Germany. They supported Kurds few years ago.
                          Somehow I think turkey has no allies at the moment, Russia gives a shit about Turkey, they are too big to swallow them for Putin, US and NATO gives a shit about disloyal allies like Turks as well. The clean out of Adana AirForceBase weapons bunkers some months ago shows how many distrust has USA towards Erdogan.
                          Those Ankara loyal Kurds can change the fronts over one night. War cost a lot of money nowadays and investors avoid Turkey like devil the church.

Comment

It's rather the implemented hatred of Turkish media towards Germany. They supported Kurds few years ago.
                            Rationality went out the window for Turkey once they recaught the religion disease.

Somehow I think turkey has no allies at the moment,
                            Turkey has managed to shit in its own nest in a manner very rarely witnessed in history. Pissing off literally all your neighbours all at once - especially when you have many of them - takes a special stupid type of talent.

Russia gives a shit about Turkey, they are too big to swallow them for Putin,
                            I suspect that Putin is working on making Turkey bite-sized poultry to chew on. He's just sucker-punched Turkey into invading Afrin in Syria with promises that he wouldn't shoot down their planes over Afrin.

US and NATO gives a shit about disloyal allies like Turks as well. The clean out of Adana AirForceBase weapons bunkers some months ago shows how many distrust has USA towards Erdogan.
                            yes, NATO are at the edge of telling Turkey to fuck off. The West also share a certain blame for all this - they believed the bullshit about "moderate Islam" that came out of Turkey in endless streams.

Those Ankara loyal Kurds can change the fronts over one night.
                            Yes, all they need to do is throw a few more Kurds into jail - even those who do not support the PKK.

War cost a lot of money nowadays and investors avoid Turkey like devil the church.
                            Even before the mess in Syria, the Turkish economy was a total mess - but dressed up with the usual tricks to make it look better, rather like putting lipstick on a pig.

Stupid wars tend to tip the balance very badly. The question is whether Turkey's currency will have less or more zeros on its notes than Zimbabwe's dollars by the end of this process. For that matter, also whether Turkey will be carved up or not into a few states such as a Kurdish one and roughly secular and religious Turks in other state regions.

The other question of course is how much in repatriations Turkey will need to pay its neighbours and to the Kurds.

Comment

Although Germany says the issue was figured out in 1953. However Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung says if this event become real, it can set an example for other countries that invaded by Germany..

And some people claim this demand will harm Poland, and it will cause to be excluded Poland from EU.. Can this demand set an example for other countries? And is that harmful for Poland's future?

a photo from football match in Warsaw

Comment

Working...
                              X