Crash of the Turkish Economy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

In the meantime, different groups of extremist Sunnis get to kill each other en masse... and the Kurds get to kill quite a few before Russia "allows" an independent state.
    This is an elementary classical management. The responsibility for resolving the issue is personified by the major players (Iran/Assad and Turkey/Sunni communities). The third party creates chaos. The fourth, fifth, sixth will create more chaos.

And if so, then Russia has nothing against the Kurds. Kurds even live in Russia in small communities.

Comment

Originally posted by VaselineBasket View Post
      This is an elementary classical management. The responsibility for resolving the issue is personified by the major players (Iran/Assad and Turkey/Sunni communities). The third party creates chaos. The fourth, fifth, sixth will create more chaos.

And if so, then Russia has nothing against the Kurds. Kurds even live in Russia in small communities.
      Putin certainly gave Erdogan the go-ahead to invade Syria and into Afrin by allowing the Turkish airforce to operate over Syria unimpeded

Comment

The Turkish Lira has crashed to by far its lowest historical level. Today, I saw the Turkish Lira was well below the psychologically dangerous level of 4TL to 1 $US.

https://anfenglish.com/news/turkish-...d-dollar-25800

This is symptomatic of the perilous situation that the Turkish economy finds itself in. Turkey has all the makings of being the next Venezuela - high inflation, scatterbrained Islamofascist dictator, grandiose construction projects and the burning of money on uneducated populations to shore up popular support.. plus a NeoNazi grouping with huge representation in the Turkish parliament which the Turkish president relies on to rubber-stamp legislation.

Do you think Turkey's economy will crash and burn? When will this happen?

Do you think tactics such as Turkish parliamentarians investigating "Islamophobia" and other such nonsense is merely a case of diversionary tactics to take the focus away from the Turkish economy's really dreadful state?

Economic collapse usually leads to massive political problems and even civil war when you have the explosive mix that exists such as we see in Turkey between different competing groups.

What are the chances of eventually a civil war engulfing Turkey - which groups would likely be the participants of such a civil war? Would such a civil be even far worse than the conflict we see in Syria presently?

Meanwhile Turkish economy has grown 7.4% by 2017(IN early 2017: 2.1 trillionTL Turkish GDP ---- IN early 2018: 3.1 trillionTL Turkish GDP) as you have had claimed about two years ago that "Turkish economy will collapse", so don't worry up about Turkish Lira.
        Turkiye will begin trading with Gold, stocks Gold reserves which will boost the value of Turkish Lira as it shows Turkiye began:
        Turkish Gold Reserves by January 2017: 495,6tonnes
        Turkish Gold Reserves by January 2018: 564,8tonnes(Number 10 in the world)
        For more information: https://www.sabah.com.tr/yazarlar/og...ara-yerli-para

Comment

Originally posted by CaymanWolvon View Post
          Meanwhile Turkish economy has grown 7.4% by 2017(IN early 2017: 2.1 trillionTL Turkish GDP ---- IN early 2018: 3.1 trillionTL Turkish GDP)
          I can make myself a multimillionaire by adding zeros to the value of my currency

Of course you can pump up "growth" in GDP by printing money and getting the banks to hand it out as loans - as has been happening in Turkey the last few years. Fun comes when you actually have to "pay it back" - especially when very little of that money was invested in economically valuable activity as in the case of Turkey. Welcome to hyperinflation again...

as you have had claimed about two years ago that "Turkish economy will collapse",
          It's going through the motions right now - aided by Erdogan's stupidity of holding back the Turkish Central Bank conducting rational monetary policy and the stupid lending of money to artificially inflate growth figures for the Turkish economy.

I guess that Erdogan has a final election to win to rubberstamp his dictatorship. A definite reason for putting the poll forward from 2019 to June this year is precisely to get his dictatorship complete before the Turkish economy goes over the edge.

so don't worry up about Turkish Lira.
          May 1 2016 - 1 USD = 2.79 TRY; April 30 2018 1USD = 4.042. Change from 1st of May 2016 = 45% drop. The Turkish Lira has been one of the world's worst performing currencies during this period. But I guess that the Venezuelan Bolivar makes the Turkish Lira look good in comparison

This is one sign that the economy is going through the motions of going over the edge - a continual collapsing currency. The Venezuelan Bolivar was going through such motions also around 2008/2009 just after Chavez's free-for-all monetary policy was taking place - just like Erdogan is doing right now - and pumping up GDP Turkey in the same manner in Venezuela.

Turkiye will begin trading with Gold, stocks Gold reserves which will boost the value of Turkish Lira as it shows Turkiye began:
          Turkish Gold Reserves by January 2017: 495,6tonnes
          Turkish Gold Reserves by January 2018: 564,8tonnes(Number 10 in the world)
          For more information: https://www.sabah.com.tr/yazarlar/og...ara-yerli-para
          Turkish demand for gold added a premium to the gold price over the last couple of years. Guess what is going to happen to the gold price when Turkey has to offload a lot of it in order to meet foreign debt obligations which are building very rapidly given the very poor current accounts situation? That's right folks - the gold price is going to plummet. This strategy of "gold" is the sort of idiocy you'd expect from someone with a fake degree in economics like we observe in Erdogan.

It seems like Erodogan has a plan to default on Turkish international debt by stocking up on gold while at the same time trying to draw in as many loans and other hot money from the international money markets as possible. I'd be pulling my money out of Turkey right now as a matter of urgency if I were an international investor...

Comment

And Iran completes the menage-a-trois here.

Erdogan has been allowed by Putin to go into Afrin... Putin wants Erdogan to be bogged down in an endless conflict. The Kurds are already attacking the Turks occupying there on a regular basis.

Also something missed by 98% of journalists - the Islamists being repatriated/bussed out of Eastern Gouta and being sent to the Al Bab enclave that Turkey already controls are from factions that oppose Turkey's Islamist "allies" there. A few thousand more Islamists of opposing factions for Turkey to have fun with there.

I think Russia wants a buffer Kurdish state between Turkey and Syria not controlled by Iran. In the meantime, they let the Kurds and the Turks weaken each other so that the Russians "just in time" come to help the Kurds.
            You just might be right,, sort of how stalin got a commie dictatorship in warsaw he arrived just a moment too late to " prevent " the anti commie partisans from being slaughtered...

Comment

There is not a single Turk at this topic. You discuss the film even without watching it.

Obviously, the news is different: a bad news, a good news and the right news.
              Last edited by dmitri11; 05-01-2018, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I can make myself a multimillionaire by adding zeros to the value of my currency

Of course you can pump up "growth" in GDP by printing money and getting the banks to hand it out as loans - as has been happening in Turkey the last few years. Fun comes when you actually have to "pay it back" - especially when very little of that money was invested in economically valuable activity as in the case of Turkey. Welcome to hyperinflation again...
                You better update your primitive mind

Your opinions are followed by your primitive mind ...

It's going through the motions right now - aided by Erdogan's stupidity of holding back the Turkish Central Bank conducting rational monetary policy and the stupid lending of money to artificially inflate growth figures for the Turkish economy.

I guess that Erdogan has a final election to win to rubberstamp his dictatorship. A definite reason for putting the poll forward from 2019 to June this year is precisely to get his dictatorship complete before the Turkish economy goes over the edge.
                One day you'll be reason of someone to die of laugh by your interesting prophecies which are always proven wrong as in 2016, you've had claimed same things for 2017, when Turkish economy was one of the fastest growing economy in the world.
                In the mean you gave, all the westerner countries are dictatorships.
                Kingdom = dictatorship(WEST)
                Republic = national sovereignty.(TURKIYE)
                By June 2018 elections, Turkiye will be one of the most national sovereign country in the world, because presidents will no longer be elected by a few hundreds people in Turkish National Assembly, instead, nation will elect its leader by its own will.

May 1 2016 - 1 USD = 2.79 TRY;
                April 30 2018 1USD = 4.042.
                Change from 1st of May 2016 = 45% drop. The Turkish Lira has been one of the world's worst performing currencies during this period. But I guess that the Venezuelan Bolivar makes the Turkish Lira look good in comparison
                These drops are related to exchange rates and won't effect Turkish economy which has aimed to stop trading with USD. Same thing is valid for EURO. Turkiye began trading with Gold as of the beginning of 2018 and planning to ban Dollars and Euros on foreign trade.

Turkiye has alternatives like to create a common currency with the countries like Iran, Russia and Pakistan which Vladimir Putin's strategist Alexander Dugin argued TOO: http://tr.euronews.com/2018/04/30/pu...rimine-gecmeli

This is one sign that the economy is going through the motions of going over the edge - a continual collapsing currency. The Venezuelan Bolivar was going through such motions also around 2008/2009 just after Chavez's free-for-all monetary policy was taking place - just like Erdogan is doing right now - and pumping up GDP Turkey in the same manner in Venezuela.

Turkish demand for gold added a premium to the gold price over the last couple of years. Guess what is going to happen to the gold price when Turkey has to offload a lot of it in order to meet foreign debt obligations which are building very rapidly given the very poor current accounts situation? That's right folks - the gold price is going to plummet. This strategy of "gold" is the sort of idiocy you'd expect from someone with a fake degree in economics like we observe in Erdogan.

It seems like Erodogan has a plan to default on Turkish international debt by stocking up on gold while at the same time trying to draw in as many loans and other hot money from the international money markets as possible. I'd be pulling my money out of Turkey right now as a matter of urgency if I were an international investor...
                So Turkiye gained a new ally: Venezuela, Venezuelan president has said "Turkiye will rescue our economy"
                This economical alliance is planned to create between countries like Iran, Russia, China, Qatar, Venezuela and Turkiye. Central Asian countries and Pakistan may also join it. EURO and USD have no any future in world trade, economist experts say so ...
                Last edited by CaymanWolvon; 05-01-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

One day you'll be reason of someone to die of laugh by your interesting prophecies which are always proven wrong as in 2016, you've had claimed same things for 2017, when Turkish economy was one of the fastest growing economy in the world.
                  By June 2018 elections, Turkiye will be one of the most national sovereign country in the world, because presidents will no longer be elected by a few hundreds people in Turkish National Assembly, instead, nation will elect its leader by its own will.

These drops are related to exchange rates and won't effect Turkish economy which has aimed to stop trading with USD. Same thing is valid for EURO. Turkiye began trading with Gold as of the beginning of 2018 and planning to ban Dollars and Euros on foreign trade.

Turkiye has alternatives like to create a common currency with the countries like Iran, Russia and Pakistan which Vladimir Putin's strategist Alexander Dugin argued TOO: http://tr.euronews.com/2018/04/30/pu...rimine-gecmeli

So Turkiye gained a new ally: Venezuela, Venezuelan president has said "Turkiye will rescue our economy"
                  This economical alliance is planned to create between countries like Iran, Russia, China, Qatar, Venezuela and Turkiye. Central Asian countries and Pakistan may also join it. EURO and USD have no any future in world trade, economist experts say so ...
                  But this news undermines the economic and political interests of the West, especially the EU. Why is there no news in the world for everyone's joy?

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post

But this news undermines the economic and political interests of the West, especially the EU. Why is there no news in the world for everyone's joy?
                    Crashing Soviet Roubles anyone? :rollleyes:

Comment

Crashing Soviet Roubles anyone? :rollleyes:
                      The roar of Chinese yuan. I wish the Chinese prosperity. I am not afraid of China's economic power. I don't want to live at the expense of others.

The euphoria from an enabling environmentt of crooks, thieves and bandits is coming to an end? Does the West behave democratically?
                      Last edited by dmitri11; 05-01-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
                        The roar of Chinese yuan. I wish the Chinese prosperity. I am not afraid of China's economic power. I don't want to live at the expense of others.
                        The Chinese yuan on a rotten corrupt banking system

Comment

The Chinese yuan on a rotten corrupt banking system
                          The dollar was born bandits and thieves. Learn the history.

Comment

[QUOTE=CaymanWolvon;n3050431]

2008 : 20 TRY = $20

2018 : 20 TRY = $5

Wonder when Sultan Erdogan is going to replace Ataturk's image on the money with his own....

Only a primitive mind would be so proud of their currency turning into toilet paper.

GDP growing in Turkish Lira terms.. but regarded as a toilet by everyone else because the growth is fake.

They just sign legislation and serve as tourist attractions...

Didn't the "White House" palace in Ankara where Erdogan lives cost Turkey over $1 billion dollars?

Like Saddam Hussein in Iraq I guess... 99%+ of the vote...

No more tourists for Turkey.. it's time for Turkey to turn into an Eastern Bloc country.

Poorly performing economies joining together to sink together.

By printing more toilet paper currency for Venezuela?

Which economic experts? Erdogan with his toilet paper fake economics degree?

Comment

2008 : 20 TRY = $20

2018 : 20 TRY = $5

It didn't even effect growth rate of Turkish economy, international dollar rising is temporary as of experts' opinions.
                              You're just giving the mean: Turkiye was once doing what USA wanted, now it doesn't, that's why dollar has risen.
                              By the way, what about the California wildfires? Turkish Secret Service is master of it, the fire greek forests every summer

Wonder when Sultan Erdogan is going to replace Ataturk's image on the money with his own....
                              I see you're upset and so its too good for our country.

Only a primitive mind would be so proud of their currency turning into toilet paper.
                              I just wonder if they call you as fool, dollar rise shows your kings stopped pissing into gold closets but i don't think they stopped using dollar as toilet papers
                              Experts' common opinion: "Dolar rise is temporary, Euro will collapse"

GDP growing in Turkish Lira terms.. but regarded as a toilet by everyone else because the growth is fake.
                              Keep fool yourself as its growth is fake which is actually called in economics as "Real GDP growth", Turkiye is storing Gold Reserves with doing trade by Gold, when Turkish economy reaches to 20 trillion GDP in 10 years, it'll be equal to 20 trillion$$$. Economists' opinion.

They just sign legislation and serve as tourist attractions...

Didn't the "White House" palace in Ankara where Erdogan lives cost Turkey over $1 billion dollars?
                              The palace you called is actually "Ak Saray" and it belongs to Republic of Turkiye. It doesn't interest you, talk to me about the palaces in your country who are robbing your people. They must stop using your dollars as toilet papers.

Like Saddam Hussein in Iraq I guess... 99%+ of the vote...
                              It's called local election and it doesn't interest me, does it interest you?

No more tourists for Turkey.. it's time for Turkey to turn into an Eastern Bloc country.
                              Eastern Block of century 21 is far better than Western Block of century 21. Are you trying to say your Western countries are oppressive to its people for going to where or what? I thought you got democracy as of your media(of propaganda machine)

Which economic experts? Erdogan with his toilet paper fake economics degree?
                              http://www.haberturk.com/ekonomi-pro...ecmeli-1739979
                              Steve Hanke: "Turkiye must use gold indexed money to rescue Lira"
                              Turkish Economists are positive about it, that's what President Erdoğan is actually doing at the moment.
                              President Erdoğan is causing 7.4% economical growth rate for Turkiye and building airports, footbal stadiums, canals, dams etc.
                              BTW what about your country?
                              2000: Australia
                              2018: same Australia

Poorly performing economies joining together to sink together.

By printing more toilet paper currency for Venezuela?
                              If you think your country is well performing, you're completely wrong. Your country is just leash dog of USA.
                              Turkish economy is well performing about GDP growth rate and Real GDP growth rate is the real economy of a country. Exchange rates are related to money stocks and temporary as whole economist experts say so.
                              For a U.S economy which was about to collapse in 2008, don't trust dollar too much.
                              Economists: GOLD WILL RISE.
                              Turkish Economical Strategy: Gold stocks.
                              Last edited by CaymanWolvon; 05-01-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

It didn't even effect growth rate of Turkish economy, international dollar rising is temporary as of experts' opinions.
                                You're just giving the mean: Turkiye was once doing what USA wanted, now it doesn't, that's why dollar has risen.
                                By the way, what about the California wildfires? Turkish Secret Service is master of it, the fire greek forests every summer
                                I see you're upset and so its too good for our country.
                                I just wonder if they call you as fool, dollar rise shows your kings stopped pissing into gold closets but i don't think they stopped using dollar as toilet papers
                                Experts' common opinion: "Dolar rise is temporary, Euro will collapse"
                                Keep fool yourself as its growth is fake which is actually called in economics as "Real GDP growth", Turkiye is storing Gold Reserves with doing trade by Gold, when Turkish economy reaches to 20 trillion GDP in 10 years, it'll be equal to 20 trillion$$$.
                                You keep claiming these "experts" and pulling statistics and projections out of your arse.

Economists' opinion.
                                Which ones? Erdogan dog pack members who also have fake degrees in economics just like the main dog Erdogan himself

The palace you called is actually "Ak Saray" and it belongs to Republic of Turkiye.
                                And used as a private residence by Erdogan himself... wasteful expenditure when millions in villages in Turkey

But as Sultan, I guess that Turkey is his private estate given that he is peadophile Muhammad or Allah's "representative" for the Ummah.

It doesn't interest you, talk to me about the palaces in your country who are robbing your people. They must stop using your dollars as toilet papers.
                                We don't have such wasteful palaces in Australia like "Ak Saray". I've heard it being called "AKP Saray"

It's called local election and it doesn't interest me, does it interest you?
                                It's always nice to know which elections are real and which are sham like we typically see in Islamofascist countries in the Middle East.

Eastern Block of century 21 is far better than Western Block of century 21.
                                The Eastern block of Turkey we are discussing is the Eastern Block of the 20th century revisited.

Are you trying to say your Western countries are oppressive to its people for going to where or what? I thought you got democracy as of your media(of propaganda machine)
                                http://www.haberturk.com/ekonomi-pro...ecmeli-1739979
                                Haberturk when I checked was pro-government propaganda... All part of one of the least free presses in the world:

“In Turkey, the data indicates that transparency peaked in 2003…and has declined significantly ever since, now down to almost the level following the 1980 coup,” the report read. It labeled Turkey among the most drastic declines in press freedom in the past decade.
                                https://www.diplomaticourier.com/the...press-freedom/

Steve Hanke: "Turkiye must use gold indexed money to rescue Lira"
                                Weren't you saying that there was no real problem with the Lira before????? Then why would it need "rescuing"

Turkish Economists are positive about it, that's what President Erdoğan is actually doing at the moment.
                                hahahahah Steve Hanke politely said that Erdogan was a total economic fuckup:
                                How To Mismanage The Turkish Economy, By President Erdogan

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveha.../#857a55e7cdb5

President Erdoğan is causing 7.4% economical growth rate for Turkiye
                                Not according to your favourite economist Steve Hanke...

We find that Turkish real GDP growth has averaged 3.85% for the past 10 years
                                Your "real GDP growth figure" for Turkey at 7.4% is bullshit.

The international investment community seems to think that Turkish real GDP growth figures are getting pulled out of someone's arse - not to be trusted at all.

and building airports, footbal stadiums, canals, dams etc.
                                Airports - when air hubs are becoming much less important because of increasing ranges of aircraft... dams that are destroying the remaining environment of Turkey... unneeded canals.

As for football stadiums - I guess that they keep village boys like yourself focused on people kicking things around on a green rectangle rather than seeing your government's daily fuckups in action.

BTW what about your country?
                                2000: Australia
                                2018: same Australia
                                If you think your country is well performing, you're completely wrong. Your country is just leash dog of USA.
                                Turkish economy is well performing about GDP growth rate and Real GDP growth rate is the real economy of a country.
                                Australia's has been at about 3% over that period - without the debt loading given to the economy as in the case of Turkey.

Exchange rates are related to money stocks and temporary as whole economist experts say so.
                                The Lira has been pretty much in freefall since about 2008 - 10 years of solid freefall. This is a pretty terminal condition and getting steeper with time.

For a U.S economy which was about to collapse in 2008, don't trust dollar too much.
                                The Turkish one was in even worse shape than the US one in 2008...

Economists: GOLD WILL RISE.
                                Turkish Economical Strategy: Gold stocks.
                                So, with all that increasing debt, what is Turkey going to do? Pay debt in gold because they no longer have any hard currency reserves left or are they going to be like thieves and completely default on their debt?

You will have either the gold price going into freefall on account of Turkey off-loading gold onto foreign markets or you will have Turkey defaulting on its debt and that the only trading partners for Turkey will be other countries that are close to defaulting on their debts such as Pakistan and Venezuela. Yea, that's really smart.

Comment

Working...
                                X