WHO: being transgender is no longer classified as mental illness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
    I guarantee you will not be classified as mentally ill only for that, there is even a candidate to french presidency that was in that kind of delirium.
    I still don't see how it wouldbe an hallucination (hallucination are related to senses like view, audition...), I could eventually admit you see it as a disorder for any reasons you would give since you can consider transgender to affect the function of both mind and body, yet talking about hallucination and illness seems a little bit too much for me.
    Looks that I used wrong word then. I searched a bit and the correct word for what I mean is "delusion".
    Some examples of delusions from wikipedia:
    • Bizarre delusion: Delusions are deemed bizarre if they are clearly implausible and not understandable to same-culture peers and do not derive from ordinary life experiences.[16] An example named by the DSM-5 is a belief that someone replaced all of one's internal organs with someone else's without leaving a scar, depending on the organ in question.
    • Non-bizarre delusion: A delusion that, though false, is at least technically possible, e.g., the affected person mistakenly believes that they are under constant police surveillance. Though, a plausible reality.
    • Mood-congruent delusion: Any delusion with content consistent with either a depressive or manic state, e.g., a depressed person believes that news anchors on television highly disapprove of them, or a person in a manic state might believe they are a powerful deity.
    • Mood-neutral delusion: A delusion that does not relate to the sufferer's emotional state; for example, a belief that an extra limb is growing out of the back of one's head is neutral to either depression or mania.
    How is that different from delusion "I am not a man. I am a woman, just trapped in male's body" ?

Because consent isn't related to normality. Between two consenting adults, I don't care about what they are doing in their bed, doesn't matter if they are doing the missionary position only like good catholic, puting potatoes in every holes they can, gettng sodomy or anything. As long as they don't do it in the middle of the street (and unfortunately, many of LBTQ++ seem obligated to exhib themselves), I don't see it as a problem, better : I don't give a damn.
    To this I may agree. However things are clearly not going this way, quite the opposite.

A flaw it depends in which perspective, yet I agree with you on the point it shouldn't be praised, neither should be heterosexuality actually. Everybody would find heteroxuals people making an "heteropride" stupid and retarded (except Japaneses, but Japaneses have no soul), it should be the same for other sexual orientations.
    The only thing that should be exposed is how biology works, and if some hypothesis like male homosexuality are confirmed in the future, eventually talk about it to explain the reason behind homosexuality.
    To this I agree as well. Of course it depends what we mean by praised, but well ok

Ps :Transgender isn't a mental illness since 2010 in France.
    So you outrun the worldwide trends, how progressive

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

Looks that I used wrong word then. I searched a bit and the correct word for what I mean is "delusion".
      Some examples of delusions from wikipedia:
      • Bizarre delusion: Delusions are deemed bizarre if they are clearly implausible and not understandable to same-culture peers and do not derive from ordinary life experiences.[16] An example named by the DSM-5 is a belief that someone replaced all of one's internal organs with someone else's without leaving a scar, depending on the organ in question.
      • Non-bizarre delusion: A delusion that, though false, is at least technically possible, e.g., the affected person mistakenly believes that they are under constant police surveillance. Though, a plausible reality.
      • Mood-congruent delusion: Any delusion with content consistent with either a depressive or manic state, e.g., a depressed person believes that news anchors on television highly disapprove of them, or a person in a manic state might believe they are a powerful deity.
      • Mood-neutral delusion: A delusion that does not relate to the sufferer's emotional state; for example, a belief that an extra limb is growing out of the back of one's head is neutral to either depression or mania.
      How is that different from delusion "I am not a man. I am a woman, just trapped in male's body" ?
      Thanks for the list. I tend to think it's a delusion considering this, but in order to play the devil's advocate there might be motivated by some physiological knowledge, well, I must admit I don't see anything to justify that it's not a delusion.

To this I may agree. However things are clearly not going this way, quite the opposite.
      No wonder why...

So you outrun the worldwide trends, how progressive
      Already told you I'm Breton. Enough shit to deal with only in Brittany to get the shame of France in addition

Comment

Told you. It's getting started.

40 years

Comment

Promoting pedophelia outright has started as you’ve shown, above. I still don’t think the general public is ready to accept pedophelia as a legitimate form of sexual attraction. NAMBLA, the North American Man/Boy Love Association, has been around for 50 years. In that time, public perception towards pedophelia hasn’t changed much but I sense there has been some softening of public opinion. NAMBLA’s website openly promotes homosexual “love” between “males” of very different ages:

https://www.nambla.org

Told you. It's getting started.

40 years
          40 years is a reasonable estimate. I’ll be dead but you’ll see this “progress” ...!

Comment

Seems they are fighting among themselves in the Pride march at the weekend in the UK, if this issue becomes any more confusing they may just have to become simply straight men and women and start these classifications over again so we can all keep up with what is what lol

Pride in London organisers have apologised after anti-trans protesters "forced their way to the front of the parade".
            Members of lesbian and feminist group Get The L Out demanded to march behind the rainbow flag, which marks the start of the event, organisers said.
            The group argues the trans movement is attacking lesbian rights and said it protested to protect those rights.
            Pride said their behaviour on Saturday was "shocking and disgusting".
            It said they could not forcibly remove the small group because their protest was not a criminal offence, adding "we are sorry" but the "actions of eight people did not stop the joy and love".

"We protested to protect our rights and on behalf of all the lesbians intimidated, threatened and silenced by the GBT community everywhere.

"The GBT community today, by supporting the rights of males who "identify as lesbians" (also called "transwomen") over the rights of lesbians to choose their sexual partners (on the basis of their sex, not how they "identify") is in fact enforcing heterosexuality on lesbians.
            "This is a misogynistic and anti-lesbian manifestation of the rape culture we live in."
            Last edited by fatbeard; 07-09-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I accept offer, but without your balls
              I understand, they're a bit saggy.

Comment

In what ? I don't think transgenders see anything that doesn't exist, they feel something different, but it doesn't imply they see a penis between their legs when they are a woman or anything like that, evenif they want to get one.
                I never said it's normal or not and I don't like this term since some people are "normal" in public and then put potatoes in their ass when alone and vice versa.
                Or the "natural feature" of a culture is that it create links between people and make them feel close to each others. In that sense it can be oppressive because most of people are barbarians (doesn't matter if leftists or not), but not necessarily.
                I'm not talking to socially encouraged it either, I just don't see any point to label this as mental illness here, does it mean I'm claiming "omg, we should praise it and show to everybody that's smething cooooool" ? No, not at all actually. Still, I don't think homosexuals and transgenders people are a problem as long as they are not falling into madness such as LGBTQ+ manifestations and gay prides which are just insane, stupids and only makes them look like retarded.
                At end, homosexuality/homosexuals intercourses were "normal" in the past and sometime supported, transgender wasn't a problem either... Mostly Christianism came and destroyed this in Europe.
                I think Patafix will be more likely dead at this time, sorry not sorry grandpa
                No offence taken. I've seen quite a few changes and I'm sure good and bad ones will occur again in the future.

It was interesting to witness the evolution in the last few decades but the strength of the boomerang effect does strike me. I genuinely thought they could enjoy a longer golden age, but it seems with this fast, never resting world, old narrow morals are back just like vinyl records. It worries me although I can see the point of someone raising questions about certain niches of society. But that's what they are, niches. Tiny tiny groups that scare the extra large mainstream ones. I cannot understand the concept of "promotion" of a type of sexuality or feeling. Sexual orientation is not something you promote, although sometimes you need to demonstrate. It can be awkward, ridiculous, whatever you like, but it probably makes people feel more confident and free, and let off steam when everyday life is sometimes no fun at all.

Comment

Working...
                X