EU - Off-Shore Processing of Illegal Economic Migrants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU - Off-Shore Processing of Illegal Economic Migrants

The message seems to be slowly filtering through to the EU - that the flood of so-called "refugees" heading into Europe is in fact mainly illegal economic migrants.

Finally it seems that the EU is engaging in and thinking about a solution that Australia found very effective in dealing with this problems - off-shore processing:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44652846

So, are there any problems with implementing such a solution with the processing centres in North Africa?

Will this solution to the problem of illegal immigration to Europe be accepted by people in the EU generally?

Are there better solutions to the problem of illegal immigration to Europe and, if so, why are they better solutions?

I don't get how is this supposed to stop them from coming to EU shores on their boats. The EU borders remain open, cause otherwise they would be racist

Comment

It is slowly filtering through to our politicians. The refugee argument looks rather weak to me when you look at the countries many migrants come from and travel through. Many migrate through war zones. I doubt off-shore processing will solve the problem. Economic migrants will try to avoid the off-shore processing centres.

Comment

So, are there any problems with implementing such a solution with the processing centres in North Africa?

This is indeed the best solution if some EU states want still go the way of cherry picking of illegals. It wouldn't be that difficult to support one political option in Libya, Morocco and Algeria with weapons and money that those countries allow that. I think this is the main goal of EU at them moment. Nevertheless stopping of crossing of those illegal EU boarders is necessary in this case as well.

Will this solution to the problem of illegal immigration to Europe be accepted by people in the EU generally?

Yeah for sure. Right wing parties gain more and more support, nobody wants to elect them but those parties are the only ones who oppose illegal immigration. Hence political pressure for soon solution is there and people do everything to get rid of those illegal welfare parasites. Albanian PM said that his country doesn't want be a part of EU's offshoring process with words "nobody wants toxic waste".
        Maybe Albanian space program will suffer because of lacking of African rocket scientists, but internal stability is worth it.

Are there better solutions to the problem of illegal immigration to Europe and, if so, why are they better solutions?
        No welfare = no immigrants
        Nobody will be willing to pay thousands of dollars to human traffickers for reaching EU if he will be deported asap without money. For economic immigrant is money the lure nothing else, taking the lure will be a discouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
          I don't get how is this supposed to stop them from coming to EU shores on their boats. The EU borders remain open, cause otherwise they would be racist
          Simple, instead of getting a taxi service to the EU when their boats "sink", they get returned to North Africa. Not only that, they are returned there to residence in guarded processing centres - and are therefore not free to try and engage in another attempt to try for entry into the EU again.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post
            It is slowly filtering through to our politicians. The refugee argument looks rather weak to me when you look at the countries many migrants come from and travel through. Many migrate through war zones. I doubt off-shore processing will solve the problem. Economic migrants will try to avoid the off-shore processing centres.
            If they get picked up at sea or land on the European continent, they won't be able to avoid them. If they get to Europe somehow and are picked up by police without documentation verifying their immigration status, then they get sent for off-shore processing.

By the way, one thing to watch for once they start implementing detention of potential illegal immigrants in order to verify their status - they will start playing the game of destroying their documentation when the boats come to rescue them from their "sinking" ship. The European ministers looking at implementing these plans should do some fact-finding in Australia to learn from our experiences dealing with illegal immigrants who try as hard as possible to manipulate the system.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Simple, instead of getting a taxi service to the EU when their boats "sink", they get returned to North Africa. Not only that, they are returned there to residence in guarded processing centres - and are therefore not free to try and engage in another attempt to try for entry into the EU again.
              Somehow I don't believe it is that simple
              https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44485995
              Leftist cucks from west seem to have a bit different plans

Comment

It's still insane. I read about this recently and it's just the remaining cucks that still hold prominent politician positions and they're worried about losing votes to populists but this 'change' is just re-structuring the constant arrivals. If politicians are now admitting that these are illegals, why aren't a lot of these politicians in jail or why aren't they being charged? They're accomplices to the smugglers. Everyone knew they were illegals or at least there were numerous and constant accusations about this. Some posters here applauded the election or Marcon but he's just another Elitist/cuck following this Kalergi agenda. He supports the 'EU Off-shore processing' idea. They did all they could doing it the quick, illegal way, disregarding regulations and laws so now they want to try a positive spin on it and 'talk about' legal procedures. I guess they think the populace is gullible and will accept this. What other explanation is there?

Btw, supposedly, leaders in Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic (plus, Slovakia) don't want any coming at all....

Comment

Somehow I don't believe it is that simple
                  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44485995
                  Leftist cucks from west seem to have a bit different plans
                  Then countries like France are going to get boat arrivals instead of Italy and Malta. Watch them change their tune very quickly as voters get pissed off.

Comment

Italy is already accepting migrants - or maybe you don't know how to read between the lines? Perhaps, this will help you?:
                    https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/29...e-about-italy/

https://www.novinite.com/articles/19...Stop+Boatloads
                    African nations are refusing to participate....LOL! Hello, anyone?!? No one can recognize this as the joke it is? All these European leaders are cucks, these politicians are all cucks. Yet, no one except the FAR-RIGHT (whatever that is, it's the 'bad word' nowadays....almost synonymous with 'racist') are the only ones that offer any opposition. The countries that these migrants come from don't even care about them. Well, I guess they figure they will get money if they refuse to participate and blackmail their way in.... Turkey already knows how it works. They probably figure they want large numbers of Africans, Middle Easterners there .... the more there are, the more influence they can get....they recognized what happened when colonization occurred but the other way around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-exercise.html
                    This looks like they are anticipating an invasion....c'mon?!?? They have armoured vehicles and are wearing thick armour.... If anyone had no clue about this migrant issue, they would immediately think these countries were being invaded!

https://amgreatness.com/2017/12/28/i...r-an-invasion/
                    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tor-Orban.html
                    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...on-by-migrants

The politicians are just trying to sugar coat the appearance of it with talk of relocation, redistribution, offshore processing etc. etc. etc. More BS for the masses...
                    Last edited by Tux1; 06-30-2018, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
                      If they get picked up at sea or land on the European continent, they won't be able to avoid them. If they get to Europe somehow and are picked up by police without documentation verifying their immigration status, then they get sent for off-shore processing.

By the way, one thing to watch for once they start implementing detention of potential illegal immigrants in order to verify their status - they will start playing the game of destroying their documentation when the boats come to rescue them from their "sinking" ship. The European ministers looking at implementing these plans should do some fact-finding in Australia to learn from our experiences dealing with illegal immigrants who try as hard as possible to manipulate the system.
                      I doubt the off-shore processing centres are like those that Australia has. In the case of the EU, they are planning to set up centres in countries where people can apply for asylum. Sending them to such processing centres after having been picked up elsewhere, might prove highly illegal. You cannot pick up an illegal immigrant in the streets of Rome or Amsterdam and deport him to an off-shore processing centre in North Africa. And I, purposely, use the word deport.

When they are picked up at sea, it might still be difficult to ascertain the port of origin. In that case, deportation to any third country would violate universal human rights. Somehow, I do not see the EU do that.

Also, I doubt that the relationship between the EU and North African countries is subject to the same type of neo-colonialism that Australia practises. The EU ministers that should learn from Australia tend to be politically correct. If they would not be, the problem might not have existed. I would not expect them to learn from Australia. As effective as its solution might be, it does not appear to be very politically correct.
                      Last edited by Boliches; 06-30-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post

I doubt the off-shore processing centres are like those that Australia has. In the case of the EU, they are planning to set up centres in countries where people can apply for asylum. Sending them to such processing centres after having been picked up elsewhere, might prove highly illegal. You cannot pick up an illegal immigrant in the streets of Rome or Amsterdam and deport him to an off-shore processing centre in North Africa. And I, purposely, use the word deport.

When they are picked up at sea, it might still be difficult to ascertain the port of origin. In that case, deportation to any third country would violate universal human rights. Somehow, I do not see the EU do that.

Also, I doubt that the relationship between the EU and North African countries is subject to the same type of neo-colonialism that Australia practises. The EU ministers that should learn from Australia tend to be politically correct. If they would not be, the problem might not have existed. I would not expect them to learn from Australia. As effective as its solution might be, it does not appear to be very politically correct.
                        How long do you think the citizens will tolerate the outdated, absurd modern system? I'm talking about the citizens that aren't quite as indoctrinated? A few years? Another decade? Is there a breaking point or some time period in which there will be enough people who will oppose the system and politically correct policies be damned? When these policies start influencing political power and support, they might look to scrap some of these 'rights' and do things differently? The cucks were allowing anything and illegals without any opposition previously but some have recently performed worse at the polls so now they are talking about this new policy.

Comment

As long as France and Germany are run by liberals the European Union will be sinking further and further into this "refugee" mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tux1 View Post
                            How long do you think the citizens will tolerate the outdated, absurd modern system? I'm talking about the citizens that aren't quite as indoctrinated? A few years? Another decade? Is there a breaking point or some time period in which there will be enough people who will oppose the system and politically correct policies be damned? When these policies start influencing political power and support, they might look to scrap some of these 'rights' and do things differently? The cucks were allowing anything and illegals without any opposition previously but some have recently performed worse at the polls so now they are talking about this new policy.

You might refrain from using that word cuck for anyone who does not share your views. It tends to undermine your argument.

I wonder why you think that people will stop tolerating the system. You might see it as outdated, but democracy has proved itself a survivor. If you would stop calling anyone who does not agree with you a cuck, you might notice that in many mature European democracies there is no clear majority to either the left or right. There is just a big majority for upholding civil rights. Doing nothing is a fairly good strategy for politicians. It increases the probability that a large majority might at least tolerate you for your full term in office. My guess, therefore, would be that this policy stands a good chance of being tolerated for many years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by briancrouse View Post
                              As long as France and Germany are run by liberals the European Union will be sinking further and further into this "refugee" mess.

Actually, mostly liberal parties oppose the immigration policies.

Comment

Working...
                              X