Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poland: delayed flight because of orthodox Jew who refused to sit next to a woman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poland: delayed flight because of orthodox Jew who refused to sit next to a woman

https://www.wprost.pl/zycie/10159281...rzeszowie.html

A flight Rzeszów - Tel Aviv got 20 minute delay because of angry ortthodox Jews who refused to sit nex to a woman. He demanded gender segregation in plane and got really angry because there is no such thing

I think it's time to talk about the position of woman in Judaism. I only see posts about islam, what about jewish relligion?

It happens in certain Jewish communities in and outside Israel. It is wrong and it is against Israeli law. Airlines should do well to adhere to the law and not to give in to such religious idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post
      It happens in certain Jewish communities in and outside Israel. It is wrong and it is against Israeli law. Airlines should do well to adhere to the law and not to give in to such religious idiots.
      Perfect reply. When you buy the ticket you agree to the Airlines terms and conditions, if your religion whatever that religion my be restricts your seating choices regarding gender issues or some other medieval custom then hire a private plane as the only passenger, other than that stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

I think it's time to talk about the position of woman in Judaism. I only see posts about islam, what about jewish relligion?
        Jews are largely secular, like most Muslims and Christians by the way. There are wackos and legalists in every group, including atheists. The story you refer to cannot be taken as a common occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Jews are largely secular, like most Muslims and Christians by the way. There are wackos and legalists in every group, including atheists. The story you refer to cannot be taken as a common occurrence.

It appears to be so common that even Delta takes this segregation into consideration to avoid such incidents.

Comment

It appears to be so common that even Delta takes this segregation into consideration to avoid such incidents.
            They do? And no one screaming about female discrimination? That's intresting

Comment

They do? And no one screaming about female discrimination? That's intresting
              If you search the internet for information, you may find there are people opposing this. One woman brought it before the magistrates in Israel and the magistrates found that it is illegal. Also, there are groups that call on women asked to sit somewhere else because such a zealot is afraid to be overcome by the fairness of the woman to refuse to cooperate.

Comment

It's not common at all but special-interest groups who represent tiny percentages of the population are very vocal. That, and hostility on social media can make an airline company lose a lot of public sympathy and money. A company has a right to offer special attention to certain passengers. This could mean, vegan, vegetarian meals, kosher meals, extra space for passengers with reduced mobility and so on. None of this is wrong and is simply good business practice. An airline may or may not offer such benefits. On the negative side, I believe it was Kuwait Airlines that was recently fined by the IATA for refusing to allow a passenger with an Israeli passport to board one of their planes. That's a form of discrimination that was rightly condemned.

Comment

https://www.wprost.pl/zycie/10159281...rzeszowie.html

A flight Rzeszów - Tel Aviv got 20 minute delay because of angry ortthodox Jews who refused to sit nex to a woman. He demanded gender segregation in plane and got really angry because there is no such thing

Jordan_rudess..:: I think it is time to talk about the position of women in Judaism "...Yes , and I have the perfect place for you to start > the total refusal of my schoolage daughters to sit next to a man on a bus...My daughters can be counted amoung the other hundred thousand plus religiously educated Israeli daughters who agree...They will STAND rather than sit,,what do you suggest FIRE all female teachers in Israel who also won't sit next to a man on a bus ?

Comment

Originally posted by Elishar View Post

Jordan_rudess..:: I think it is time to talk about the position of women in Judaism "...Yes , and I have the perfect place for you to start > the total refusal of my schoolage daughters to sit next to a man on a bus...My daughters can be counted amoung the other hundred thousand plus religiously educated Israeli daughters who agree...They will STAND rather than sit,,what do you suggest FIRE all female teachers in Israel who also won't sit next to a man on a bus ?
                    So what is it? Like some Israeli version of war between genders? You hate me I hate you?

Comment

So what is it? Like some Israeli version of war between genders? You hate me I hate you?
                      Respect for one anothers gender is hardly war,,married couples sit together quite happily...

Comment

Respect for one anothers gender is hardly war,,married couples sit together quite happily...
                        I don't really get what you're trying to say, so gender segregation is a result of respect? I must tell it to the feminists I wonder how they'll react

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

It's not common at all but special-interest groups who represent tiny percentages of the population are very vocal. That, and hostility on social media can make an airline company lose a lot of public sympathy and money. A company has a right to offer special attention to certain passengers. This could mean, vegan, vegetarian meals, kosher meals, extra space for passengers with reduced mobility and so on. None of this is wrong and is simply good business practice. An airline may or may not offer such benefits. On the negative side, I believe it was Kuwait Airlines that was recently fined by the IATA for refusing to allow a passenger with an Israeli passport to board one of their planes. That's a form of discrimination that was rightly condemned.

Actually agree with this... but it's kinda "fashion" to obey to some noisy minorities nowaday, often in order not to be labeled as "racist" or "fascist".

Comment

I don't really get what you're trying to say, so gender segregation is a result of respect? I must tell it to the feminists I wonder how they'll react
                            MARRIED couples sit quite happily together,,,what is difficult for you to understand ? She will sit next to her husband she will not sit next to some other man...Do you "get " it ??

Comment

MARRIED couples sit quite happily together,,,what is difficult for you to understand ? She will sit next to her husband she will not sit next to some other man...Do you "get " it ??
                              It's difficult to understand why non married do not sit together.

Comment

Working...
                              X