Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poland: delayed flight because of orthodox Jew who refused to sit next to a woman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

    It's not common at all but special-interest groups who represent tiny percentages of the population are very vocal. That, and hostility on social media can make an airline company lose a lot of public sympathy and money. A company has a right to offer special attention to certain passengers. This could mean, vegan, vegetarian meals, kosher meals, extra space for passengers with reduced mobility and so on. None of this is wrong and is simply good business practice. An airline may or may not offer such benefits. On the negative side, I believe it was Kuwait Airlines that was recently fined by the IATA for refusing to allow a passenger with an Israeli passport to board one of their planes. That's a form of discrimination that was rightly condemned.

    I totally agree that it is a very small group. However, one person on a 747 would be only 0.4% of passengers. Still, 0.4% of passengers affect a whole flight. It looks like ElAl has frequent delays due to this problem and Delta has a policy because there are routes that suffer from this issue at certain times. That does point at it being a common enough occurrence to instigate a policy.

    I also think a vegan asking for a vegan meal or a passenger opposing to someone carrying a dog in the seat next to him are of different nature than someone refusing to sit next to someone because it is a woman, or the person is of a different race or religion. Catering for the first is good business practice. Considering the latter is very questionable. However, asking the woman to move is very wrong, even if there are a few vociferous bigots that cry out demanding other people are treated as second rate humans because it does not fit their view on the world.

    If you do not want to sit next to a woman, then stay at home instead of demanding the woman sods off.
    Last edited by Boliches; 10-10-2018, 06:38 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Boliches View Post

      I totally agree that it is a very small group. However, one person on a 747 would be only 0.4% of passengers. Still, 0.4% of passengers affect a whole flight. It looks like ElAl has frequent delays due to this problem and Delta has a policy because there are routes that suffer from this issue at certain times. That does point at it being a common enough occurrence to instigate a policy.

      I also think a vegan asking for a vegan meal or a passenger opposing to someone carrying a dog in the seat next to him are of different nature than someone refusing to sit next to someone because it is a woman, or the person is of a different race or religion. Catering for the first is good business practice. Considering the latter is very questionable. However, asking the woman to move is very wrong, even if there are a few vociferous bigots that cry out demanding other people are treated as second rate humans because it does not fit their view on the world.

      If you do not want to sit next to a woman, then stay at home instead of demanding the woman sods off.
      Perhaps Delta has this policy to accommodate Lubavitcher Jews* who would not want to sit next to members of the opposite sex. Lubavitchers, some Amish and fundamentalist Muslims all have an aversion to sitting next to the other gender. All of these groups are present in Delta’s most important market - northeastern North America - so perhaps this is why Delta has this policy. I don’t like it but I can understand why a company offers this accommodation.

      For those who disagree, there are other airlines. As for the man who held up the LOT flight to Tel Aviv, he should not have been accommodated if it isn’t LOT’s policy. Passengers who make unreasonable demands need to be handled firmly in the airline industry. Safety is a priority and there is no room for turbulent passengers.



      *very common in New York City & Montreal.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
        I don't really get what you're trying to say, so gender segregation is a result of respect? I must tell it to the feminists I wonder how they'll react
        It would be a feminist problem when Jewish men could sit next to other (non-Jewish) women, but Jewish women could not sit next to other (non-Jewish) men. Since this seems to be not the case it is just a strange problem of a minority.

        Originally posted by Elishar View Post
        total refusal of my schoolage daughters to sit next to a man on a bus.
        when in a bus there are free rows I prefer sitting there, second choice is next to a woman (if she is not obese), only third choice is sitting next to a man and if this is the man-spreading sort of then I also rather stand. But standing is no option in a plane. And everybody joining a plane knows that there is no gender segregation and either you accept that or you dont fly.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
          It would be a feminist problem when Jewish men could sit next to other (non-Jewish) women, but Jewish women could not sit next to other (non-Jewish) men. Since this seems to be not the case it is just a strange problem of a minority.
          That's a serious case of moral relativity from you. If this was some islamic practice you'd already be bashing it on a full throttle

          Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
          man-spreading
          There is no such thing as "man-spreading". Cut off male balls only then males will stop spreading. But now as I think of that, it's exactly what feminists want to do.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
            That's a serious case of moral relativity from you. If this was some islamic practice you'd already be bashing it on a full throttle
            It is your problem with logic.
            did you ever hear me complaining about Muslim women or men not giving the hand to the opposite gender? No? Wonder why?
            Muslim women are partwise forced to cover themselves up to idiotic degrees.....Muslim men are not - I would not say anything if they were forced both to cover in the same way.
            Muslim women are not allowed to marry more than one men....Muslim men are....I would not say anything if they both could marry several spouses.
            Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-Muslim men....Muslim men are....I would not say anything if they both were not allowed.
            And so on.
            Dumbass.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
              There is no such thing as "man-spreading". Cut off male balls only then males will stop spreading. But now as I think of that, it's exactly what feminists want to do.
              A man can sit normally in one seat without spreading his legs over to the next seat.....at least most men can. Those who can not should eventually wear more comfortable pants.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                It is your problem with logic.
                did you ever hear me complaining about Muslim women or men not giving the hand to the opposite gender? No? Wonder why?
                Muslim women are partwise forced to cover themselves up to idiotic degrees.....Muslim men are not - I would not say anything if they were forced both to cover in the same way.
                Muslim women are not allowed to marry more than one men....Muslim men are....I would not say anything if they both could marry several spouses.
                Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-Muslim men....Muslim men are....I would not say anything if they both were not allowed.
                And so on.
                Dumbass.
                So forcing anyone is ok as long as both sexes are being forced ? This only shows how feminism is dumb but also explains a lot

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
                  So forcing anyone is ok as long as both sexes are being forced ? This only shows how feminism is dumb but also explains a lot
                  what forces you to wear clothes at all dumbass?
                  It shows only that your brain is very small.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                    what forces you to wear clothes at all dumbass?
                    It shows only that your brain is very small.
                    Stop namecalling me woman, but you're a lower creature anyway so I forgive you

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
                      Stop namecalling me woman, but you're a lower creature anyway so I forgive you
                      I won't stop name calling you. And if I get thrown out by an admin for this, I give a shit. You just get what you deserve idiot.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                        I won't stop name calling you. And if I get thrown out by an admin for this, I give a shit. You just get what you deserve idiot.
                        Temper temper

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
                          Temper temper
                          arguments reason....are missing always from you.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                            arguments reason....are missing always from you.
                            You just said you want to name calling me, why reason, here I'll trigger you more

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
                              You just said you want to name calling me, why reason, here I'll trigger you more

                              fake-picture removed
                              what a fake picture. This woman does not look like she even knows how to cook. Everything is sorted without any sense and order.....typical for you.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                                what a fake picture. This woman does not look like she even knows how to cook. Everything is sorted without any sense and order.....typical for you.
                                Forgive him, he probably doesn't know how to cook an egg either... I mean, don't be to harsh when he fails at trolling people.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X