Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK: Parents who won't let their son wear a skirt may be referred to social services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Reading the OP, I was thinking that the parents of the boy were being referred to social services because they were not allowing the boy to become an altar boy

No, you can only become an altar boy if you want to wear a dress. A skirt is too manly for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post
      No, you can only become an altar boy if you want to wear a dress. A skirt is too manly for that.
      Yes, you are indeed right. An altar boy's uniform is much more like a dress than a simple skirt.

However, from what I'd been saying about kilts in another post then it wouldn't have surprised me if the Vatican at some time had sent a fact-finding mission to the Scottish Highlands "to investigate changes in altar boy uniforms in order to make life easier for Catholic clergy"

Comment

Yes, you are indeed right. An altar boy's uniform is much more like a dress than a simple skirt.

However, from what I'd been saying about kilts in another post then it wouldn't have surprised me if the Vatican at some time had sent a fact-finding mission to the Scottish Highlands "to investigate changes in altar boy uniforms in order to make life easier for Catholic clergy"

Interestingly, you can identify the parts of the United Kingdom that have the strongest Catholic tradition as they are those parts where they wear skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

yes of course - until we find out which of the norms really are natural and which are artificial and only limiting humans freedom.

Connecting wearing skirt or trousers to a certain gender is artificially and superficially both.
          Until we find out? Who the hell gives you right to question well established norms in culture? This way you can (and that's what you intend don't you) question and destroy all norms because there are all opressive to the damned leftist minds

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

Until we find out? Who the hell gives you right to question well established norms in culture? This way you can (and that's what you intend don't you) question and destroy all norms because there are all opressive to the damned leftist minds
            The norms you refer to have not always been there, they are the norms of a small part of the world's population. Even in the Catholic Church the norms you appear to consider as fixed have not been fixed over time.

Comment

The norms you refer to have not always been there, they are the norms of a small part of the world's population. Even in the Catholic Church the norms you appear to consider as fixed have not been fixed over time.
              So what? The idea to destroy them all because they are a source of "opression" is also relatively new, first appeared in "Dialectics of Enlightenment" by two commies Horkheimer and Adorno. I am conservatist and will always stand for the old against the new

Comment

the same right my grandmother had to question the prohibition of women to wear trousers.

Comment

the same right my grandmother had to question the prohibition of women to wear trousers.
                  Absolutely not. Please don't compare the right and correct fight of 1st generation of feminism with the parody of itself that it has become now.
                  Males do not need to "fight" for their right to wear skirts, it is just brainwashing nothing else, males don't need such "right". You attack children in primary school, brainwash them into thinking that they can be females if they think so. This way you create arificial problem and you think that you need to provide remedy for that problem.

Comment

There's a story that was going around about what Mel Gibson was told when making the movie "Braveheart". He asked one of the extras wearing a kilt "What do you wear under your kilt?" to which the kilt-wearing Scot responded "Your wife's lipstick!".
                    I can imagine my husband could convince me of wearing lipstick on a daily basis for this nice tradition

Comment

Absolutely not. Please don't compare the right and correct fight of 1st generation of feminism with the parody of itself that it has become now.
                      Males do not need to "fight" for their right to wear skirts, it is just brainwashing nothing else, males don't need such "right".
                      am still waiting for the reasons why it is a difference
                      Traditional women of the generation of my grandmother said the same "we dont need such right....." btw.

Comment

am still waiting for the reasons why it is a difference
                        Because males NEED cultural norms. Personally already my generation feels the lack of correct patterns of behavior and this is just beginning because people like you are at power

Comment

Because males NEED cultural norms. Personally already my generation feels the lack of correct patterns of behavior and this is just beginning because people like you are at power
                          I feel no need for them.There are already enough men behaving like idiots, because they are unable to think for themselves and brainlessly follow the group.

Comment

I feel no need for them.
                            That would explain a thing or two

Comment

That would explain a thing or two
                              Yes, especially catching you on a lack of factual knowledge and a lack of being able to read articles.

Comment

Yes, especially catching you on a lack of factual knowledge and a lack of being able to read articles.
                                Yes that is very on topic isn;t it, especially considering your opinion from just 2 minutes before that you don't need to identify according to male features. Feel free to identify as female then, oh I forgot it's all in your mind

Comment

Working...
                                X