New ad by Gilette attacks "toxic masculinity"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

I don't get offended by this video as a woman. (gold diggers were forgetten to display)
    So, you are selfish and don't care how the customer (men) will interpret or perceive the ad? I wouldn't admit that any more - just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
      females should sometimes look in the mirror too.
      I see self-criticism in both videos.
      In case of the female one - which you called "adequate reaction" - as a woman I can say it is absolutely justified.
      Women are not only victims they are perpetrators too.
      It is an important message.

Comment

Originally posted by Tux1 View Post
        I haven't seen any comments (I don't mean here but it includes here) about the fact the ad has NOTHING to do with the product. They don't talk about the product at all. It's 100% political. I have also read a left-wing leaning narrative that the backlash is 'ridiculous.' Why? If a company wants to put out a 'commerical' with a political message with nothing related to the product then someone can respond or react in a political way. The response to this ad from the Left is what is 'ridiculous.' The irony that some people are offering is justified - it's a product being sold to men but the ones who produced the ad are left-wing, radical feminist social justice warriors. If people want to boycott Gillette based on all this, what is the issue? It's their prerogative and their right. If Gillette wants to risk alienating their customer base, then they should accept it if they decide not to buy their product. Maybe guys should try safety razors?
        That's another issue obviosuly. Gilette is supposed to produce a fucking razor blades, nothing more, nothing less. Very similar situation took place recently with Electronic Arts and games
        https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...t-buy-the-game
        In other words, you don't like you leftist propaganda, then go fuck yourself and don't buy it. Seriously? These companies with leftists in charge seem to think that products magically sell itself, just like in communism when you didn't need to care about the demand/ supply issue at all.

The real world result of EA attitutde
        https://gamerant.com/electronic-arts...p-battlefront/
        As of Tuesday, EA stock has dropped in value by 8.5% month to-date or about $3.1 billion of shareholder value. While other factors could also be at play, the drop in stock value is most likely a direct response to Battlefront 2‘s poor sales performance.

Comment

Please don't forget all other brands of P&G though

Comment

meh, if you need gillete it means you were shaving in the first place

like a girly, groomed, errm, girl

ok, what was the topic again

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post
              meh, if you need gillete it means you were shaving in the first place

like a girly, groomed, errm, girl

ok, what was the topic again
              Advertisement that says masculinity is a work of devil, toxic and from yesterday.

Anyway Gillette products are for noobs, they smell mostly too fruity and too sweet. Wet shaving costs too much time anyways and those blades clog if beard hair is over 2 mm long.
              Fast electric shaver from Philips or Panasonic are faster and you get a jaw skin in few minutes like a baby butt.
              In aftershave lotions are Gillette products really low level segment and not recommendable

Comment

This is another attack on manhood by liberal elites trying to destroy the traditional family unit and paint white males as being bad creatures. This all goes back to society's rejection of Biblical and natural roles for men and women.

Comment

Originally posted by briancrouse View Post
                  This is another attack on manhood by liberal elites trying to destroy the traditional family unit and paint white males as being bad creatures. This all goes back to society's rejection of Biblical and natural roles for men and women.
                  Are we back in jokes and fun section.

Comment

I haven't seen any comments (I don't mean here but it includes here) about the fact the ad has NOTHING to do with the product. They don't talk about the product at all. It's 100% political. I have also read a left-wing leaning narrative that the backlash is 'ridiculous.' Why? If a company wants to put out a 'commerical' with a political message with nothing related to the product then someone can respond or react in a political way. The response to this ad from the Left is what is 'ridiculous.' The irony that some people are offering is justified - it's a product being sold to men but the ones who produced the ad are left-wing, radical feminist social justice warriors. If people want to boycott Gillette based on all this, what is the issue? It's their prerogative and their right. If Gillette wants to risk alienating their customer base, then they should accept it if they decide not to buy their product. Maybe guys should try safety razors?
                    That's sad because the first comment i've posted, under the video, was about the link between the video and the products from the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post

Are we back in jokes and fun section.
                      C'mon, have you seen such a good joke there?

Comment

4chan faggots are triggered about depicting white males as toxic masculine while good no toxic masculine black males stop those white devils before they can harass and rape white women.
                        Probably only because they want rape those white women by themselves.

Even if I don't care, we don't have such 'house made' problems here. A boycott of Gillette products is justified.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                          4chan faggots are triggered about depicting white males as toxic masculine while good no toxic masculine black males stop those white devils before they can harass and rape white women.
                          Probably only because they want rape those white women by themselves.
                          All in turn probably originally triggered by some advertising droid or droid team in Proctor and Gamble / Gillette who skimped on costs (they were after more for their end-of-year bonus) and paid a total of two focus groups which happened to located in postmodernist anti-intellectual shitholes functioning something like late adolescent social clubs and are sometimes described in America as being "Colleges".

These advertising gurus got the focus groups together, and showed a few mockup ads (which they hardly change in the final version - that costs money and can affect the amount of the bonus that they receive).

After seeing the test ads, a few in the focus groups pipe up with "Ummm, that's like, you know, what our prof in the, like, whatitsname, the ummmm you know the miiicroaggressions stuff in the, like, course "Gender and Language" says. Others in the room nod in unison and sigh together "yea". Another might have said "oh how social responsible"...

From that point, the advertising droids know that they are really onto a winner. Still, they had to preface their press releases with "we realise that this campaign might be controversial" because, after all, one or two dissented in the focus groups with statements such as "Who the fuck came up with this shit??!!!???".

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                          Even if I don't care, we don't have such 'house made' problems here. A boycott of Gillette products is justified.
                          Before Gillette aka Proctor and Gamble start getting all touchy-feely about "social issues", they had first better learn about the English-language idiom "shitting in your own nest".

Now, let's assume that they are somehow successful and this campaign takes off, or at least gets a few converts. Suddenly, they get quite a few men all "touchy feely" and "concerned". One of the first things that "touchy feely" people get concerned with is "the environment".

Proctor and Gamble have a completely abysmal record on the environment. These newly-minted touchy feely people might well go after Proctor and Gamble's other divisions and institute boycotts and so on such as against "Pampers" for their impact against the environment:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300384344.html

or about Proctor and Gamble's use of palm oil which has huge implications both environmentally and also regarding the exploitation of child labour:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...forced-labour/

I'm sure that there would be bitchiness and even more between the Gillette and the Pampers divisions of Proctor and Gamble if they ever came together for team-building "events" and the touchy-feely males generated by the Gillette campaign resulted in falls in sales of Pampers

So, how about a boycott of not only Gillette but of all other Proctor and Gamble products on account of their permitting such braindead social engineering crap that is not related in a real way to bottom line?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

That's sad because the first comment i've posted, under the video, was about the link between the video and the products from the brand.
                            Where? I read one sentence of yours that barely made sense. Anyway, P&G, a corporation, employed two left-wing radical feminists to create this commercial/ad. What's really amusing is how often leftists go on a rant against corporations - take a look at what P&G has bought up - a post above shows this tree. Yet, they hire these well known radical feminists to create a politically charged ad that has nothing to do with the product but it's politically motivated. Yet, men are being chastised for daring to boycott or daring to consider boycotting the product and/or company. One can't make this up.

Comment

Where? I read one sentence of yours that barely made sense. Anyway, P&G, a corporation, employed two left-wing radical feminists to create this commercial/ad. What's really amusing is how often leftists go on a rant against corporations - take a look at what P&G has bought up - a post above shows this tree. Yet, they hire these well known radical feminists to create a politically charged ad that has nothing to do with the product but it's politically motivated. Yet, men are being chastised for daring to boycott or daring to consider boycotting the product and/or company. One can't make this up.
                              Fortunately, I said "under the video".

Comment

Working...
                              X