Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe in evolution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you believe in evolution?

    A belief is something that is not based on evidences.
    That is why I do not *believe* in evolution, I KNOW evolution is true because of facts that prove it.
    Also, I am Muslim. But I still know that evolution is real.

  • #2
    If I have the time and imagination for it. Till then, I'm not passionate about it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Facts are facts regardless of belief.

      Comment


      • #4
        Evolution of what? if we compare today with many centuries ago...something we have done....but the world is a crazy chaos.. of international markets, greed, wars... religions, culture.... mmmm.... only 50 persons has 80% of the world wealth

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kmasda View Post
          Evolution of what? if we compare today with many centuries ago...something we have done....but the world is a crazy chaos.. of international markets, greed, wars... religions, culture.... mmmm.... only 50 persons has 80% of the world wealth

          None of which represents Evolution. I don't really know your point. Are you suggesting it isn't true?

          Comment


          • #6
            The funniest thing about evolution is that you do not need to 'believe' it. It simply happens. How do you think antibiotics-resistant bacteria appear? It has been proved many times. So you have no need to believe. You do not need to believe that you breath oxygen. There are a lot of reactions that show it. You do not need to believe that you breath out CO2. You can simply breath to the limewater and see it. Same for the evolution. As for religion beliefs. You may well adopt your faith this way: imagine a barbaric tribe whom you need to teach basics. You cannot teach them the gravity theory. But you can teach them that the Sun and the Moon aren't deities, but just lamps in the sky. You cannot explain them the microbiology, but can force them to wash their hands before meal and quarantine the infected one. So on and so forth.

            Comment


            • #7
              We have always been very good at placing ourselves back into the center of the Universe.

              Comment


              • #8
                Why are people complicating the topic? Just because something is true doesn't mean you can't believe in it. No one is around to say evolution happens for a fact. All they can look at is fossil records and changes in species adaptations over time, but we never truly witness evolution happening because evolution happens over long periods of time and is usually so minute that is goes undetected until observed in a large population of organisms. So it can be a belief. But yes I do believe in evolution.

                Comment


                • #9
                  belive on evolution?? mmmm well... yes we are more develope for a lot of things... but what about the evolution of the persons...I mean.. forget about he technological weapons.. i mean the human side of the people...we didnt had a big evolution...
                  the history is cyclical...
                  BUT im sure that we are going to discover in future things that are impossible to know actually...if you are talking about it.. yeah I belive on the evolution...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Angelordevil View Post
                    Also, I am Muslim. But I still know that evolution is real.
                    Good! Being Muslim and acknowledging evolution are perfectly combinable. It's a shame how so many Muslims don't know anything about their tradition of science, and have become lazy, narrow-minded donkeys who reject anything 'Western non-Muslim scientists' claim. They reject the idea of evolution only because of their own perception that it's a Western, infidel 'ideology', trying to displace Islam.
                    It's not even because of the religion, that they reject evolution; it's ignorance, a fearful mentality towards "The West", deriving from the colonial era. Muslims don't tell their kids how the evolution theory has been founded (or at least been embraced and expanded) in Medieval Islamic world. Rejecting evolution has become a tradition, sadly... However:

                    "Perhaps some of the most prescient breakthroughs in early Arab-Muslim science were the theories of the Iraqi thinker and writer Al Jahiz, considered the father of modern evolutionary theory. Though his data were more limited and his theory less well defined than Darwin's, considering that he was working more than 1,000 years before Darwin should win him extra recognition (...) Although the first, Al Jahiz was not the last Arab or Muslim to look at natural selection. Ibn Al Haytham wrote a book in which he argued for evolutionism (although not natural selection), and other Muslim thinkers such as Ibn Miskawayh, the Brethren of Purity, Al Khazini, Abu Rayhan Al-Biruni, Nasir Al Din Tusi and Ibn Khaldun, discussed these ideas. Translated into Latin, these works filtered into Europe and could have had an influence on Darwinism." - http://www.grouporigin.com/clients/q...chapter2_6.htm

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As I know some muslims scholars say that idea of biological evolution can be accepted by muslims. There is only one but: But human anyway created directly by god)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by winterlotus90 View Post
                        No one is around to say evolution happens for a fact.
                        We know that Pluto revolves around the sun every 248 years. Pluto was only discovered in 1930. We have not been around long enough to see Pluto make even a single rotation around the sun, but we know exactly how long it takes. The point is, we do not need to see something right in front of our eyes to make the appropriate projections about it. That's of course even if you want to disregard all of the speciation through natural selection and whatnot that we have observed in regards to evolution anyway. The whole idea of "You have to see it right in front of you to know it's a fact" just simply isn't how science works. In fact, our entire legal system depends on this. Does a cop have to physically witness every single murder to know that a murder actually happened and who to convict? We use DNA evidence (much like in biology) to put together the pieces of something we didn't see.

                        This of course isn't the same as "Well you can't see God, but he does things!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by winterlotus90 View Post
                          Why are people complicating the topic? Just because something is true doesn't mean you can't believe in it. No one is around to say evolution happens for a fact. All they can look at is fossil records and changes in species adaptations over time, but we never truly witness evolution happening because evolution happens over long periods of time and is usually so minute that is goes undetected until observed in a large population of organisms. So it can be a belief. But yes I do believe in evolution.
                          Evolution? You cannot see it? If you take prescribed antibiotics in a wrong order (i.e. low dosage and irregular) bacterias in your own body will evolve to ignore it. Isn't it a proof?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Angelordevil View Post
                            A belief is something that is not based on evidences.
                            That is why I do not *believe* in evolution, I KNOW evolution is true because of facts that prove it.
                            Also, I am Muslim. But I still know that evolution is real.
                            it's good to see a quite adequate muslim here...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              In my opinion, evolution confirms creation. God can set anything in motion if He likes and evolution is the product of God's power. So I believe in evolution.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X