Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex Muslims, ex Christians, or ex whatever why you left your religion ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ex Muslims, ex Christians, or ex whatever why you left your religion ?

    I was religious person but i left my religion...so, i want to know some reasons that make you left yours as well ?

  • #2
    Have never been too religious but earlier was not that much against Christian rites as I am now, used to be an agnostic who used to consider if god existed or not. Now I'm an atheist who believes that religion is just the means to control, brainwash, etc.... I used to be Islam friendly and took Muslims as victims in the cruel world but after I've educated myself more and got to know more things about Islam, Muslims, life in Islamic places, etc...I've realized Islam is the most violent cult leaving which people are punished by death. I suspect the OP is an ex Muslim, if it is so, be careful, do not disclose your identity on social sites - there are some fanatical radicals on here who attack liberal Muslims and sure they'll attack ex Muslims and I believe such brainwashed, aggressive and fanatical individuals might try to harm ex Muslims in particular. How can a belief leaving which people are punished by death considered to be peaceful? I dislike Christianity too but one can cease being a Christian and that's it. Christianity has evolved, people have changed and do not stick to the same mentality of the Middle ages like many Muslims do.

    I've also made a thread about ex religious people and classified myself as ex Muslim radical apologetic and someone who used to like Islam.

    OP, what were your reasons to leave a religion?

    Comment


    • #3
      The reason why everyone should leave any religion - because every religious dogma I've ever seen is a vague contradictory piece of lying bullshit.

      It all began with a playground debate when I was 8 years old along the lines of "If God made everything, then who made God". The whole "because he was always there" "explanation" started to sound like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus to me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Keine-namen View Post
        I was religious person but i left my religion...so, i want to know some reasons that make you left yours as well ?
        you were born into Islam in a country where 99% are Muslims, right? I bet it was not easy to come to this logical conclusion - you can be proud of yourself. Did you leave your religion or did you stop believing in God/Allah as well? Do your friends/family know it?

        Will you keep certain ways of life, attitudes or morals from your former religion? Did something change in your life since you left?

        I was born in an atheist country in an atheist family. It was always logical to me that religion and faith don't make much sense. I was raised like that. However, I probably share a lot things with Christianity in my way of thinking, because it is deep in the culture included.
        Meanwhile I live in a different area of my country where at least the natives are to 90% part of a church, but many of them only on paper. They only believe that religion is somehow good and necessary even if they don't believe in the existence of a God really. I don't believe that. Organized religions are dangerous. They may do good things, but there is always a dark side.
        In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Etsia View Post
          Have never been too religious but earlier was not that much against Christian rites as I am now, used to be an agnostic who used to consider if god existed or not. Now I'm an atheist who believes that religion is just the means to control, brainwash, etc.... I used to be Islam friendly and took Muslims as victims in the cruel world but after I've educated myself more and got to know more things about Islam, Muslims, life in Islamic places, etc...I've realized Islam is the most violent cult leaving which people are punished by death. I suspect the OP is an ex Muslim, if it is so, be careful, do not disclose your identity on social sites - there are some fanatical radicals on here who attack liberal Muslims and sure they'll attack ex Muslims and I believe such brainwashed, aggressive and fanatical individuals might try to harm ex Muslims in particular. How can a belief leaving which people are punished by death considered to be peaceful? I dislike Christianity too but one can cease being a Christian and that's it. Christianity has evolved, people have changed and do not stick to the same mentality of the Middle ages like many Muslims do.

          I've also made a thread about ex religious people and classified myself as ex Muslim radical apologetic and someone who used to like Islam.

          OP, what were your reasons to leave a religion?
          Yeah, you're quite right, and i know all this, and i know i'm in danger...i just left my religion recently, it's so hard, my family,friends all people that i have known will not accept me...especially that i was too religious...that hurts because they think that they are right, and Islam is perfect, they don't read about it well, but they will judge anyone tells the truth...this will be my destiny haha...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

            you were born into Islam in a country where 99% are Muslims, right? I bet it was not easy to come to this logical conclusion - you can be proud of yourself. Did you leave your religion or did you stop believing in God/Allah as well? Do your friends/family know it?

            Will you keep certain ways of life, attitudes or morals from your former religion? Did something change in your life since you left?

            I was born in an atheist country in an atheist family. It was always logical to me that religion and faith don't make much sense. I was raised like that. However, I probably share a lot things with Christianity in my way of thinking, because it is deep in the culture included.
            Meanwhile I live in a different area of my country where at least the natives are to 90% part of a church, but many of them only on paper. They only believe that religion is somehow good and necessary even if they don't believe in the existence of a God really. I don't believe that. Organized religions are dangerous. They may do good things, but there is always a dark side.
            Yeah i live in Islamic state which 99% are Muslims, and the worst thing is that i still live with my family which is too religious my Mom start bothering me with prayer, why you stopped praying? why why why ? she's already sick, and i don't want to make her sick more....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Keine-namen View Post
              Yeah, you're quite right, and i know all this, and i know i'm in danger...i just left my religion recently, it's so hard, my family,friends all people that i have known will not accept me...especially that i was too religious...that hurts because they think that they are right, and Islam is perfect, they don't read about it well, but they will judge anyone tells the truth...this will be my destiny haha...
              Hmmm, one pseudo intellectual poster on here mocked my claims that ex Muslims experience problems, I wonder how he would answer your post...

              That pseudo intellectual talking crap must have read your post which is a proof that people who left Islam experience problems in a family, among friends, hey face a dilemma if they should hide the fact or inform others about the change of views, etc...and people cannot be too open about it as some over religious nutjobs who harass people might wish to do harm in real too.

              As far as I got, you've educated yourself well on Islam and knowledge made you reject it. Yes, knowledge is power. When I was ignorantly naive about Islam, I just believed it was non violent now I take it for one of the most violent cults a person gets born with, gets brainwashed into, the cult which influences each aspect of a human's life and turn people into some cruel and aggressive monsters in some cases.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Keine-namen View Post
                Yeah i live in Islamic state which 99% are Muslims, and the worst thing is that i still live with my family which is too religious my Mom start bothering me with prayer, why you stopped praying? why why why ? she's already sick, and i don't want to make her sick more....
                . You must move out as soon as possible.
                It is probably much much easier for ex-Christians here, but I know several people who hide it from their parents and especially grandparents.
                In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Keine-namen View Post
                  Yeah i live in Islamic state which 99% are Muslims, and the worst thing is that i still live with my family which is too religious my Mom start bothering me with prayer, why you stopped praying? why why why ? she's already sick, and i don't want to make her sick more....
                  What exactly were your reasons for leaving Islam?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

                    What exactly were your reasons for leaving Islam?
                    There are many reasons, i can't write all this here, sorry

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Keine-namen View Post
                      There are many reasons, i can't write all this here, sorry
                      Me, too, wanted to ask you about the reasons of your as if "leaving" islam, but now I get either you weren't muslim and just going to blacken this religion or you had no information about it......

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dref View Post
                        Me, too, wanted to ask you about the reasons of your as if "leaving" islam, but now I get either you weren't muslim and just going to blacken this religion or you had no information about it......
                        There are many reasons for leaving Islam - and it is essentially because Islam was contradictory rubbish that produced dysfunctional societies and people in the first place.

                        A sane rational person is not able to lie to him or herself about the things that are in Islam - and to stay in what is effectively a cult.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          trouble fitting a magical realm to the reality.. also putting an emphasis on the system and a bunch of stories seems a bit excessive...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dref View Post
                            Me, too, wanted to ask you about the reasons of your as if "leaving" islam, but now I get either you weren't muslim and just going to blacken this religion or you had no information about it......

                            Are you sure about this haha ? If i started telling you the reasons i will not finish till the next month, don't be silly, I wasn't only a simple Muslim, i was religious too...the majority of Muslims don't know about their Religion well

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Keine-namen View Post


                              Are you sure about this haha ? If i started telling you the reasons i will not finish till the next month, don't be silly, I wasn't only a simple Muslim, i was religious too...the majority of Muslims don't know about their Religion well
                              Would you agree that Islam is full of hypocritical contradictions - such as limiting Muslim men to 4 wives yet allowing the one doing the reporting "from Allah", Muhammad as many wives as he wishes? Or that Muhammad is allowed 1/5 of all the booty from raids and his family members another 1/5 - and Muhammad was supposedly "poor" or that the Quran abrogates itself so so many times and that often as not that abrogation of a previous Quran verse benefitted Muhammad?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X