Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walpurgis Night

....is today.

In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Nice music!

Comment

Hmmm,is Suna descended from the Sicambri ?.

Comment

This looks like more fun than head banging in a mosque or bruising up your knees in a church

Comment

Let bonfires burn all over the world where this tradition is held!

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
            This looks like more fun than head banging in a mosque or bruising up your knees in a church

Yeah...maybe. I'm not one for dancing around totem poles or kneeling in prayer.

Maybe I'd like to bang on a few heads in a mosque ...that could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Elishar View Post
              Hmmm,is Suna descended from the Sicambri ?.
              unlikely (needed to look it up)

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
              Yeah...maybe. I'm not one for dancing around totem poles or kneeling in prayer.
              you don't need to dance around the Maibaum. Jump (naked) over the fire, when you are brave enough .

I'm not sure if there is a difference to Beltane?
              In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                you don't need to dance around the Maibaum. Jump (naked) over the fire, when you are brave enough .
                Ah... I see!!! But I guess that there's a supernatural force protecting your dangling bits from getting burnt off, it's a religious ceremony after all

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
                  Ah... I see!!! But I guess that there's a supernatural force protecting your dangling bits from getting burnt off, it's a religious ceremony after all
                  sure there is - just try. I recommend a proper whole-body shaving though....in case your faith into that supernatural protection force is a bit weak

Comment

Odd, we have flame jumping on saint john's day
                    Last edited by grgur; 05-02-2017, 12:19 PM.
                    Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

sure there is - just try. I recommend a proper whole-body shaving though....in case your faith into that supernatural protection force is a bit weak
                      That still leaves other bits and pieces dangling... unless you cut them off, they are still going to get burnt off :P

Will the supernatural protection force give us new ones if they get burnt off?

Comment

Interestingly, that this old tradition is today /from all whole of Central Europe/ has preserved only in Germany (mostly only in Saxony) and in the Czechia (one of the most atheists in the world).

https: //scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...28&oe=598619F9

http://zpravy.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=d...19_3820848.jpg
                        Last edited by ZORRO_RAMBO; 05-05-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

It appears that Aussieinbg and Suna123 are smoking some really powerful weed...

Comment

The advantage of Walpurgis and on the matter over mistletoe is that it is WARM..
                            Isn't jumping the flames more Canaanite than Christian ?

Comment

MISTAKE ! my fault ... KISSING is closely related both with mistletoe And Walpurgis , under the flowering cherry tree..
                              Cold and romance out in the weather just don't go together like Warm and romance...

Comment

Working...
                              X