Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you go to a spiritual shop what do you like to get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When you go to a spiritual shop what do you like to get?

    Some people call it "metaphysical" store, but I don't see how that's totally appropriate. I'm talking about stores with tarot cards, candles, necklaces, books about ghosts, and the like.

    I go for the gems and pendulums! I love a love a lot of gems, and I have some favorites, but I appreciate all of them from there different qualities. I've recently gotten into aroma therapy with candles, and sprays. I already have a tarot deck, and I'm on and off about learning palmistry.

    What do enjoy in the store?

  • #2
    I have heard of these stores but never actually been in one. Once, I had a friend that bought a curse for the guy she was divorcing. It was just a tiny bag with a few instruction to activate the curse. I don't believe that there is any power behind these things but I was surprised that they had stored that sold stuff like that.

    Comment


    • #3
      I mostly go to take in the environment and just be surrounded by like-minded people. Then again, ours didn't last long due to threats and harassment

      Comment


      • #4
        A spirit shop - hopefully a good whiskey

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
          A spirit shop - hopefully a good whiskey
          It would be Rum or Lambig for me, pretty sure it can brings us to the Nirvana or a high level of spirituality when not smells like teen spirit
          Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 04-12-2018, 01:35 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            My favourite holy water is scotch. Not that floral Lowland stuff for sissies and transgenders. Gimme scotch from Islay, the drink that reeks of peat smoke and campfires.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
              It would be Rum or Lambig for me, pretty sure it can brings us to the Nirvana or a high level of spirituality when not smells like teen spirit
              Nothing that would blow your brain? (apologies to Kurt Cobain).

              Comment


              • #8
                Meh.... ;(

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                  Meh.... ;(

                  There's an excellent and unusual whisky made right near where you live. I've tried it and recommend it: EDDU. "Eddu" is the Breton word for buckwheat* and the distillery makes its whiskies from this grain. It is the only distillery in the world using buckwheat in the making of spirits.



                  *blé noir

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post


                    There's an excellent and unusual whisky made right near where you live. I've tried it and recommend it: EDDU. "Eddu" is the Breton word for buckwheat* and the distillery makes its whiskies from this grain. It is the only distillery in the world using buckwheat in the making of spirits.



                    *blé noir
                    Yep, I would have to try someday, but yet, I've found nothing better than Rum or Lambig to putin my crêpes batter. Lambig is kinda close to Calvados.

                    Le blé noir par ici, c'est une tradition (dire qu'on en vient à en importer alors qu'on en avait pas besoin...)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

                      Yep, I would have to try someday, but yet, I've found nothing better than Rum or Lambig to putin my crêpes batter. Lambig is kinda close to Calvados.

                      Le blé noir par ici, c'est une tradition (dire qu'on en vient à en importer alors qu'on en avait pas besoin...)

                      Yes, EDDU (Distillerie des Menhirs) sells its lambig here as well under the name Lambig de Bretagne. Calvados, Lambig and American Apple Jack are all apple brandies.

                      All good to keep your Spirit up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                        Meh.... ;(
                        A joke from the 1990s... you had to be there.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

                          Yep, I would have to try someday, but yet, I've found nothing better than Rum or Lambig to putin my crêpes ...
                          As far as rum is concerned, the best I’ve had is from Haïti, Barbancourt 5 star. Barbancourt 3 star is also good and more affordable. In general, I prefer rums from the French islands of the Caribbean (rhum agricole, made from cane juice) to the others* which are made from molasses.



                          *anglo Caribbean and Latin American rums.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If we're talking those kinds of spirits, my go-to is Northern Lights (A Canadian whiskey distilled in Kentucky). It only costs $5 and you can clean your drains with it too!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CiaraChaya View Post
                              If we're talking those kinds of spirits, my go-to is Northern Lights (A Canadian whiskey distilled in Kentucky). It only costs $5 and you can clean your drains with it too!
                              A Canadian whisky distilled in Kentucky? You must mean ‘Canadian style’ whisky. To be Canadian it has to be distilled in Canada with Canadian grain according to Canadian legislation on whisky.*

                              If you’re interested in low-low-low cost booze, Scoresby scotch is also good. My favorite Kentucky whiskey** is Mellow Corn. It’s remarkably good for a $10 bottle.



                              *yes, in addition to being a Bible expert, I’m also a qualified boozologist.

                              **whiskEy in the USA and Ireland. Whisky elsewhere.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X