The identity of the great man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The identity of the great man

“The Great Man... is colder, harder, less hesitating, and without fear of 'opinion'; he lacks the virtues that accompany respect and 'respectability,' and altogether everything that is the 'virtue of the herd.' If he cannot lead, he goes alone... He knows he is incommunicable: he finds it tasteless to be familiar... When not speaking to himself, he wears a mask. There is a solitude within him that is inaccessible to praise or blame.”

You've described someone who is self-important and sick.

Comment

Darth Vader.

Comment

I feel like I just watched a beer commercial with the most interesting man in the world

Comment

http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk...0-359x4001.jpg
          In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Long time I haven't read this so rebelliiioooouuuussss guy called Nietzsche, there is no identity for the great man, you are supposed to be one if you follow the definition of this sicko.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
              Long time I haven't read this so rebelliiioooouuuussss guy called Nietzsche, there is no identity for the great man, you are supposed to be one if you follow the definition of this sicko.
              This guy sounds nowhere close to Nietzsche, rather this sounds like feelings of Hades(Adam) after looking at a pic of white mother with a black kid.

Sure from the tone of his words, behaviour and personal life, Nietzsche not only sounds like a sicko but also a psychopath. Just like a typical westerner, he knew that he has to sensationalize his philosophy to make it popular among Europeans. But who has said that 'truth' always sounds completely normal and popular?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post

This guy sounds nowhere close to Nietzsche, rather this sounds like feelings of Hades(Adam) after looking at a pic of white mother with a black kid.

Sure from the tone of his words, behaviour and personal life, Nietzsche not only sounds like a sicko but also a psychopath. Just like a typical westerner, he knew that he has to sensationalize his philosophy to make it popular among Europeans. But who has said that 'truth' always sounds completely normal and popular?
                It's supposed to be a quotation of Nietzche (will to power), and he seems used to make this kind of definitions, a little bit annoying to read.

I wouldn't say he is a psychopath, I dunno him enough, but well, I just feel he is a little bit a sicko and for philosophy... I dunno, I always think that philosophy can be very interesting without being a Nietzche or a "new philosopher" as in France (those are so lame, lol )
                Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 08-14-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Nietzsche is ok, though his work held something like sensationalism i'd still argue it has value.
                  Why is it called a tourist season if we're not supposed to hunt them?

Comment

Working...
                  X