Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on Foucault's conception of power?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
    Postmodernist bullshit.
    For an Islamic Gentleman, your raunchy definition of Islam must be a post modernist bullshit.

    (Note that i didn't even defined what is absolute truth over here. It just that anything can be labelled with any name if you are good in logic. Its the fallacy of modern understanding of logic itself)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post
      Try one more experiment.

      Right now its Autumn in northern hemisphere, and the weather gives a hint of the harsh winter that will be arriving soon. Keep saying that you believe in a beautiful comfy weather and winter is a post modernist bullshit and you don't believe in it. Spend your nights under open sky thinking you are the king of the world and nothing can beat you.

      If you are not frosted to death, you are free to propagate that systems of the world never changes. A crest is never followed by a trough. Post colonial/Post modernism will never replace Colonialism/Modernism.
      quite cool story of solstices, let me know when gravity grows a gravistice as well . When we catch the right moment during the turnaround we can jump from the building together (you first ).

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

        Simple. Try this as an experiment if you are a postmodernist fanboy and believe Foucault's bullshit about so-called "conception of power".

        Go to the top of a 30 storey building. Make sure there is hard concrete surrounding the building, no trees and no wind. Now run from the top of the building and fall.

        If you are not a dead splattered mess at the base of the building after your fall, you are free to have a discussion with me about science being exclusively "structures of truth/power".

        Hints: you are almost certainly going to be a broken dead mess at the bottom of the building no matter how Sophistic your mind is working for worshipful Foucault. Natural physical law doesn't change at the whim of pseudo-intellectual postmodernists bullshitting unsubstantiated meaningless sentences. Science merely describes these natural laws. This include the gravitation that would leave anyone - including of course postmodernists calling it into question as a "construct" - a broken mess at the bottom of that 30 storey building.
        "In social science and politics, power is the ability to influence or outright control the behaviour of people." Dont need to be postmodern, for understand the thread about conception of power, not the natural physical law and not the gravitation. (Aristoteles, Platon, Machiawelli, Max Weber.. thinking about power started much earlier.. )

        https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/power

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post
          It just that anything can be labelled with any name if you are good in logic.
          It is not the case that you can prove two opposite positions with logic equally. If that seems to be possible then facts and conditions are missing.

          I have no clue about Foucault and was reading his Wikipedia article this morning only. His critic on the development of "powerful social structures" with the example of regulation of unemployment and treatment/separation of madness seems to be quite stupid....at least in the Wiki-article .

          I don't say society can't do better in handling both people unwilling to work for their own living and those with mental deseases, but there is clearly progress visible. Several "deseases" were found out to be no deseases. And societies dealing better with those seemingly unwilling to work than ever before as well.
          Or did I get that wrong?
          Last edited by Suna123; 10-14-2017, 09:18 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post

            For an Islamic Gentleman, your raunchy definition of Islam must be a post modernist bullshit.

            (Note that i didn't even defined what is absolute truth over here. It just that anything can be labelled with any name if you are good in logic. Its the fallacy of modern understanding of logic itself)
            I'd rather say it's like calling a spade a spade, I mean calling bullshit a bullshit. We see a spade and call it a spade and there comes a postmodernist bullshitter and starts his illogical observations about a simple spade. Or we all know 2+2 is 4 but for those who deny reality and that absolute truth exists is hard to admit it. Same can be said about gravitation - in short, science is the first proof that absolute truth exists and logics and seeing the things they are like is the second proof that absolute truth exists. Action - consequence - someone who steals is a thief, someone who kills is a murderer and the religion/cult that spreads violence is defined as violent due to existing evidence of violence. Islamic gentleman has a reason to condone his cult (so does Islamic lady)and deceive people but the truth is most terror attacks are committed in the name of Islam. Things are named as they are for a reason. Stereotypes also appear for a reason, so do generalizations. Just it's up to people to accept or to deny the truth.

            The only fallacy in this world is postmodernism and its nonsense. The only value they have is their twisted 'tolerance' and they take believing that absolute truth exists (science has proved it, no problem) as if intolerant in their ridiculous understanding thus means postmodernists deny science as evidence (so, really, why not prove that absolute truth does not exist by jumping off a multi-storey building....) Besides, there are standards in each society of what is wrong and what is right - we know that torturing and killing others or cannibalism are wrong which can be taken as absolute truth. (I can see a postmodernus 'eruditus' lol telling me how some tribes in Africa consider it to be right....) but I really believe that it's exactly postmodernists that talk crap and live in absolute denial of existing reality and facts.

            By the way, for a severely mental patient your raunchy denial of psychiatry as science and labeling psychiatrists and psychologists as cultists may cause extreme health damage because the truth, the absolute truth is only qualified doctors cure certain diseases? Proof? Yes, those who try to deny traditional medicine usually end up dead/mad earlier than those who don't. One colleague of mine got breast cancer and she denied traditional medicine, well, she kept starving and even if doctors were optimistic about her (if she accepted proper treatment), she denied the treatment and died being just 43. There are millions of such examples. Postmodernists deny reality and live in their self made truths accusing others of being illogical, for not understanding their 'intelligent' and vague wording as a lack of brain lol but in fact everything indicates them to be illogical and irrational self proclaimed pseudo intellectuals who most probably can be classified as complete losers in life. Know-it-all about others usually make wrong conclusions but enable those others make the conclusions about those who perfectly fit into a description of a postmodernist self proclaimed intellectual.
            Last edited by Etsia; 10-14-2017, 09:58 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Etsia View Post
              Yes, those who try to deny traditional medicine usually end up dead/mad earlier than those who don't. One colleague of mine got breast cancer and she denied traditional medicine, well, she kept starving and even if doctors were optimistic about her (if she accepted proper treatment), she denied the treatment and died being just 43.
              it ends like this when peole turn off logical thinking and give believe alone the power over their decisions. I hope she did not left behind young children.

              The thing is starving probably can have a positive influence on cancer....as a supportive measure additional to already established treatments. There are some studies who give significant hints to that. It is still not fully investigated though. Starving alone leads to death in a much higher likelihood - that is fully investigated .

              What is like a crazy epidemia here is homeophathy. I like to call it the science of placebo. It is insane how many peole trust in that nonsense and how much money is invested, how many children filled up with globules for each tiny sign of malaise. Fortunately when it becomes serious most people restart using their brain and go to real physician on time....mostly .

              Now what power is it that started giving something like homeopathy the power in our societies? And how can we get rid of it?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                it ends like this when peole turn off logical thinking and give believe alone the power over their decisions. I hope she did not left behind young children.

                The thing is starving probably can have a positive influence on cancer....as a supportive measure additional to already established treatments. There are some studies who give significant hints to that. It is still not fully investigated though. Starving alone leads to death in a much higher likelihood - that is fully investigated .

                What is like a crazy epidemia here is homeophathy. I like to call it the science of placebo. It is insane how many peole trust in that nonsense and how much money is invested, how many children filled up with globules for each tiny sign of malaise. Fortunately when it becomes serious most people restart using their brain and go to real physician on time....mostly .

                Now what power is it that started giving something like homeopathy the power in our societies? And how can we get rid of it?
                I agree. Logical thinking and ability to see the consequences is required not to make such mistakes. That woman came to work when another colleague left for the UK - she came and looked so young, so beautiful. We never even suspected she was in her forties. She was single, she did not leave kids to suffer, just she left her mum being heartbroken.

                I understand what you wanted to say about homeopathy too. Placebo has a good influence on people sometimes once they strongly believe in homeopathic medicine I think many people get disappointed with traditional medicine too and believe they'll find a healthier way to solve health problems so homeopathy started being powerful. Also, different liars who say they are clairvoyants and can see the past and predict the future thrive here because people stopped relying on themselves, their common sense when experiencing problems or tragedies and such people use other people's disasters to earn money. Some people say they are cursed when one disaster or another happens and they go to see a liar who call themselves clairvoyant. People can get very gullible - I used to attend the courses of healthy eating and I saw that they simply advertised one line of very expensive products which as if could even exchange food - I never bought anything from them and many others didn't either but some people spent much money on things that cannot even be considered as food. I finished those courses but realized I don't need anything like that any more, I know what's healthy and what's not myself.

                People can be very gullible sometimes and as for me I've learnt to refuse things that I do not need even if they're pushed by a very good advertisers who at the same time are good at human psychology.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                  quite cool story of solstices, let me know when gravity grows a gravistice as well . When we catch the right moment during the turnaround we can jump from the building together (you first ).
                  Well there is no need of physical science or gravitation over here to be precise. Its very irrelevant in this topic. Its application is only relevant if you wish to politicize science. For example, a gas mask is also science?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Etsia View Post
                    Yes, those who try to deny traditional medicine usually end up dead/mad earlier than those who don't. One colleague of mine got breast cancer and she denied traditional medicine, well, she kept starving and even if doctors were optimistic about her (if she accepted proper treatment), she denied the treatment and died being just 43.
                    Lemon is stronger than chemotherapy, radiotherapy or other treatments, it's well known...

                    It's very sad for this woman because breast cancer is a quite "easy" cancer to heal and, at least in France, you have 85% chances to survive after 5 years when you get this kind of cancer (which is the most common cancer with prostate cancer), while you have only 15% chances to survive of a lung cancer, which isn't rare either...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post

                      Well there is no need of physical science or gravitation over here to be precise. Its very irrelevant in this topic. Its application is only relevant if you wish to politicize science. For example, a gas mask is also science?
                      It's relevant, when you use it to explain that rationality and proofs are the only things that matter when it comes to any form of sciences... Social sciences and human sciences must follow the same basic rules to be trustable and to get some credibility, if they don't, authors like Foucault just fall into the same case with spiritism and astrololololology and other pseudosciences.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Etsia View Post
                        I'd rather say it's like calling a spade a spade, I mean calling bullshit a bullshit. We see a spade and call it a spade and there comes a postmodernist bullshitter and starts his illogical observations about a simple spade. Or we all know 2+2 is 4 but for those who deny reality and that absolute truth exists is hard to admit it. Same can be said about gravitation - in short, science is the first proof that absolute truth exists and logics and seeing the things they are like is the second proof that absolute truth exists. Action - consequence - someone who steals is a thief, someone who kills is a murderer and the religion/cult that spreads violence is defined as violent due to existing evidence of violence. Islamic gentleman has a reason to condone his cult (so does Islamic lady)and deceive people but the truth is most terror attacks are committed in the name of Islam. Things are named as they are for a reason. Stereotypes also appear for a reason, so do generalizations. Just it's up to people to accept or to deny the truth.

                        The only fallacy in this world is postmodernism and its nonsense. The only value they have is their twisted 'tolerance' and they take believing that absolute truth exists (science has proved it, no problem) as if intolerant in their ridiculous understanding thus means postmodernists deny science as evidence (so, really, why not prove that absolute truth does not exist by jumping off a multi-storey building....) Besides, there are standards in each society of what is wrong and what is right - we know that torturing and killing others or cannibalism are wrong which can be taken as absolute truth. (I can see a postmodernus 'eruditus' lol telling me how some tribes in Africa consider it to be right....) but I really believe that it's exactly postmodernists that talk crap and live in absolute denial of existing reality and facts.

                        By the way, for a severely mental patient your raunchy denial of psychiatry as science and labeling psychiatrists and psychologists as cultists may cause extreme health damage because the truth, the absolute truth is only qualified doctors cure certain diseases? Proof? Yes, those who try to deny traditional medicine usually end up dead/mad earlier than those who don't. One colleague of mine got breast cancer and she denied traditional medicine, well, she kept starving and even if doctors were optimistic about her (if she accepted proper treatment), she denied the treatment and died being just 43. There are millions of such examples. Postmodernists deny reality and live in their self made truths accusing others of being illogical, for not understanding their 'intelligent' and vague wording as a lack of brain lol but in fact everything indicates them to be illogical and irrational self proclaimed pseudo intellectuals who most probably can be classified as complete losers in life. Know-it-all about others usually make wrong conclusions but enable those others make the conclusions about those who perfectly fit into a description of a postmodernist self proclaimed intellectual.
                        what kind of trash is this? Why are you creating your own questions and answering on your own? You need one psychiatrist?

                        What i understand that you don't know anything about Foucault's conception of power. Someone wrote "post modernist bullshit" and without understanding this topic itself, you kept on parroting and blabbering what not!! Trust me, what you did over here, religious fanatics does the same after listening to a Mullah.

                        If this topic is too heavy for you, try for some other topics.
                        Last edited by RoyofSupratik; 10-14-2017, 08:32 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post

                          Try one more experiment.

                          Right now its Autumn in northern hemisphere, and the weather gives a hint of the harsh winter that will be arriving soon. Keep saying that you believe in a beautiful comfy weather and winter is a post modernist bullshit and you don't believe in it. Spend your nights under open sky thinking you are the king of the world and nothing can beat you.
                          We wouldn't be idiots to do such a thing, unless we were suicidal. We know empirically that such stupidity can kill you easily.

                          On the other hand, postmodernists who get eroticised by reading the crap written by people such as Foucault would argue that freezing to death after such an event is the result of micropowers conglomerating or such other bullshit.

                          Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post
                          If you are not frosted to death, you are free to propagate that systems of the world never changes. A crest is never followed by a trough. Post colonial/Post modernism will never replace Colonialism/Modernism.
                          You're either trolling or in need of serious intervention. Hard to tell because Poe's Law is at work here.

                          Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post
                          Hints: There is no need to bring 'Physical' Science in this topic. Rather social science is a relevant topic over here. Science should not be politicized, as it helps everyone, starting from a scientist to a post modernist.
                          Bullshit.

                          "Foulcault's Conception of power" flows into his bullshit "Philosophy of Science".

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post

                            what kind of trash is this? Why are you creating your own questions and answering on your own? You need one psychiatrist?

                            What i understand that you don't know anything about Foucault's conception of power. Someone wrote "post modernist bullshit" and without understanding this topic itself, you kept on parroting and blabbering what not!! Trust me, what you did over here, religious fanatics does the same after listening to a Mullah.

                            If this topic is too heavy for you, try for some other topics.
                            Well, I suspect my post was too heavy to handle for someone who really fit the definition of someone who is a complete post modernist bullshitter Foucaulst conception of power is a similar BS to that some self proclaimed pseudo intellectual gurus babble. What I understand is I hit your nerve because you got angry This is what religious fanatics do after being told the truth about their cults. If this post was too heavy for you, try the posts of submissive mimosas not women who actually feel free to express what they think without caring what self proclaimed intellectuals think about their posts...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                              it ends like this when peole turn off logical thinking and give believe alone the power over their decisions. I hope she did not left behind young children.

                              The thing is starving probably can have a positive influence on cancer....as a supportive measure additional to already established treatments. There are some studies who give significant hints to that. It is still not fully investigated though. Starving alone leads to death in a much higher likelihood - that is fully investigated .

                              What is like a crazy epidemia here is homeophathy. I like to call it the science of placebo. It is insane how many peole trust in that nonsense and how much money is invested, how many children filled up with globules for each tiny sign of malaise. Fortunately when it becomes serious most people restart using their brain and go to real physician on time....mostly .

                              Now what power is it that started giving something like homeopathy the power in our societies? And how can we get rid of it?
                              Postmodernism justifies harmful bullshit such as homeopathy and gives it "intellectual respect" by vilifying evidence-based medical practice in the usual manner that postmodernism critques things:

                              https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/pos...ased-medicine/

                              To say it short and sweet - postmodernist bullshit kills real people in the real world because it supports views that lead to people dying when much better evidence-based treatments are available.

                              The stunning irony is that it might well have ultimately killed Michael Foucault as a result of his hedonist exploration of gay sex in the early 1980s.

                              It's one thing for pseudo-intellectual bullshit artists to die as a result of following through their belief system. It's another when literally millions of people in Africa, Asia and other places die as the result of a disease like AIDS due to evidence-based medicine being displaced by the psotmodernist mantra of "all types of medicine are equally valid". So you end up with all sorts of quack healers, "shamen", "holy men" "prayer" and so on "treating" this disease and doing nothing or even worse and ultimately killing people.

                              That's not even going into the conspiracy theories about "AIDS is a western conspiracy to kill Africans" and other shit that finds a sympathetic ear among postmodernist fans...



                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Talise12 View Post

                                "In social science and politics, power is the ability to influence or outright control the behaviour of people." Dont need to be postmodern, for understand the thread about conception of power, not the natural physical law and not the gravitation. (Aristoteles, Platon, Machiawelli, Max Weber.. thinking about power started much earlier.. )

                                https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/power
                                Yes, standard definition. And yes, it's power that Foucault and other postmodernists are all about.

                                An understanding of natural physical law ultimately leads to better technology and the means of exerting power over others who do not have that understanding. Knowledge is power. The reality is that natural law trumps any bullshit that people may come up with - whether it is mysticism or other forms of self-deception. Prayers uttered thousands of km away urging someone to die don't kill. Bullets and other products of technology can and do - brought to the vicinity by other technology such as ships and aircraft. Now, this conflicts with the postmodernist notion that "all knowledge is equally valid". No, some knowledge is more equal than others - modern medicine stops AIDS from killing people whereas shamans muttering bullshit does nothing at all. It's literally about the power of life and death.

                                Postmodernism is very anti modernist and science and technology are an integral part of "the modern". As to why - it all comes down to that "power" you were referring to.

                                Ultimately, postmodernists are after their own slice of power which they wish to project.. they don't have the intellect to understand the basics of science and technology beyond a certain superficial level and can't participate "where the power really is" - in science and technology. Therefore, they try to influence or outright control people by one of the oldest weapons known to humanity - lying and deception. So, postmodernism comes into direct conflict with science and tries to subvert it with bullshit woo woo talk in order for its practitioners to get some sort of power and influence over people.

                                Conclusion: you are wrong. Modern science is inextricably linked to postmodernism in that modern science is completely counter to postmodernism because there are absolute truths which stem from natural physical law which in turn can be used to develop technology which ultimately can be applied for obtaining power - good and evil. This is the core reason why postmodernism wants to destroy science.

                                Therefore, it is completely valid to talk about science with regards to postmodernism in order to demonstrate what a load of deceptive shit postmodernism is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X