No announcement yet.

Queer Theology, Sexuality & The Bible.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queer Theology, Sexuality & The Bible.

If Jesus Christ never mentioned anything about homosexuality, how do some churches justify it, as a sin, when Christian say they follow the teachings of Christ?
    And what did Paul the Apostle actually revered to when he spoke about homosexuality in his letters, if we get normative relationships among homosexual couples in the 21st century?
    Last edited by chrisdeanmills; 01-07-2018, 08:17 PM.

Originally posted by chrisdeanmills View Post
    If Jesus Christ never mentioned anything about homosexuality, how do some churches justify it, as a sin, when Christian say they follow the teachings of Christ?
    You are wrong about this. Jesus accepted the inerrancy of Scripture as well as its immutability when he said, "It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law." A more colloquial translation of this passage renders it even clearer for the modern reader: The sky will disintegrate and the earth dissolve before a single letter of God's law wears out. So, sorry, but homosexuality is a sin covered by the Law. Christian churches are justified in calling it a sin.

And what did Paul the Apostle actually [refer] to when he spoke about homosexuality in his letters, if we get normative relationships among homosexual couples in the 21st century?
    Don't go tripping over the flowers in the carpet...there is no esoteric meaning to Paul's writings on homosexuality. Paul clearly states that homosexuality is a sin and an abomination.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

You are wrong about this. Jesus accepted the inerrancy of Scripture as well as its immutability when he said, "It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law." A more colloquial translation of this passage renders it even clearer for the modern reader: The sky will disintegrate and the earth dissolve before a single letter of God's law wears out. So, sorry, but homosexuality is a sin covered by the Law. Christian churches are justified in calling it a sin.

Don't go tripping over the flowers in the carpet...there is no esoteric meaning to Paul's writings on homosexuality. Paul clearly states that homosexuality is a sin and an abomination.

Then how do you explain Christ's rather gayish behaviour in the bible having all those men and no women?

Comment

Christians follow the Bible and Bible says it is
        http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

And what did Paul the Apostle actually revered to when he spoke about homosexuality in his letters, if we get normative relationships among homosexual couples in the 21st century?
          I don't know, maybe silent enjoyment?
          Christian priest have been probably mostly pedo and homo sexual under the smokescreen of unbelievable institution of celibacy.
          Somehow a hetero male prefers to work on places with females than males only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

Christian priest have been probably mostly pedo and homo sexual under the smokescreen of unbelievable institution of celibacy.
            You are refering to Roman Catholic priests. In the various Protestant churches, the most common sexual sin by pastors is adultery. Both adultery and homosexuality are condemned in the Bible, although homosexuality is the worse sin.

"Better" or "worse" sinning won't do you any good, biblically speaking. Unrepentant sinners get a one-way ticket to Hell.

Comment

You are refering to Roman Catholic priests. In the various Protestant churches, the most common sexual sin by pastors is adultery. Both adultery and homosexuality are condemned in the Bible, although homosexuality is the worse sin.

"Better" or "worse" sinning won't do you any good, biblically speaking. Unrepentant sinners get a one-way ticket to Hell.

"The way to hell is paved with skulls of priests"

I don't think this is only for christians valid.

Comment

You are referring to Roman Catholic priests. In the various Protestant churches, the most common sexual sin by pastors is adultery. Both adultery and homosexuality are condemned in the Bible, although homosexuality is the worse sin.

Ok, then what about the woman in John 8:7, who was about to be stoned & then Jesus said, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."
                I have to disagree with you. There is no great sin, or lesser sin, & the "homosexuality" Paul speaks about is not the normative homosexual relationship we know today, but Pederasty as was known in ancient Greece.

The other point I want to make is the fact that there is a lot of “laws” the Christian has to follow as subscribed in the Old Testament, jet Christians do eat pork, do ordain woman into ministry, & do admit homosexual relationships. And I still do not see where the love of God is supposed to fit in, if the church is causing more division then ever.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
                Galatians 3:28
                Last edited by chrisdeanmills; 01-08-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Ok, then what about the woman in John 8:7, who was about to be stoned & then Jesus said, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."
                  I have to disagree with you. There is no great sin, or lesser sin, & the "homosexuality" Paul speaks about is not the normative homosexual relationship we know today, but Pederasty as was known in ancient Greece.

The other point I want to make is the fact that there is a lot of “laws” the Christian has to follow as subscribed in the Old Testament, jet Christians do eat pork, do ordain woman into ministry, & do admit homosexual relationships. And I still do not see where the love of God is supposed to fit in, if the church is causing more division then ever.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
                  No, damn leftists are causing more division than ever, while Church is doing its own the very same thing for centuries. Pederasty is exactly the same as modern "normative" homosexual relationship, what kind of cynicism it is to try to mark any difference.
                  http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Wrong. Some sins are greater than others but all sins lead to Hell. Then there's the "Unpardonable Sin"; it is so great that it's...unpardonable!

As for your comment on pederasty, you are wrong again. Homosexuality in the Bible is clearly between two adults of the same gender. (In any event, pederasty itself is homosexual.)

You are talking about religious laws, or rules a denomination requires their faithful to follow. Here are some off the top of my head:

7th Day Adventists, rule: vegetarianism
                    Baptists, rule: abstention from alcohol
                    Roman Catholics, rule: Baptism & Confirmation

None of these rules are evil as such and none are necessary for the genuine Christian unless he wants to be a part of that denomination. From a stricly biblical point of view, the Christian has no Law to follow, so none can be broken. Christianity is freedom from the Law...remember?!

Essentially, I agree with Jordan Rudess: liberal theology is crap.

This has nothing to do with the subject being discussed...sorry.

Comment

"The way to hell is paved with skulls of priests"

I don't think this is only for christians valid.
                      I had always thought that the road to hell was brick-paved with Bibles, Qurans and Talmuds.

Comment

Well books are just paper, people create the hell on earth for other people. Any maniac sees him self obliged to bring the 'blessing' and 'Enlightenment' of his 'saving' mission to people who aren't interested in his god. If it doesn't work with convincing or intimidation, then is often the sword the tool of choice.

God wills it, Gott mit uns, Islam will dominate the world and so on.

Comment

​I am sure if a gay reads the bible with absolute faith, he will surely find God's assent about homosexuality and even LGBT. He just need to avoid opinions of self righteous priests and their organised institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post

​I am sure if a gay reads the bible with absolute faith, he will surely find God's assent about homosexuality and even LGBT. He just need to avoid opinions of self righteous priests and their organised institutions.
                            Nope. Reading the Bible with or without faith doesn't change its message. The Bible condemns homosexuality unequivocally.

Sorry!

Comment

All this celibacy nonsense and separation of men and women encourages "prison like" attitudes towards sex - such as increased homosexuality, increased sexual attraction to children and generally dysfunctional relations and interactions between men and women.

Comment

Working...
                              X