No announcement yet.

What do you think happens after death?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think happens after death?

Do you believe there's life after death? Do you think it ends? Reincarnation?
    I argue with myself about this a lot. I like to think when I die I'll be remade into someone/something better than I am now. I want to be ever improving.
    Another note, if you believe in reincarnation, do you think you're in touch with your past lives? I sometimes feel like I've lived so many that I'll never be able to know them all ahaha. (':

(Please no comments like "u die idiot lol" or insulting what others believe. Express your opinions politely and courteously.)

nothing, you're forever stuck in the moment your brian dies

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post
      nothing, you're forever stuck in the moment your brian dies
      There's a bit of electrical activity in the brain after clinical death. In one recent case, for up to 10 minutes there were delta waves - those usually associated with dream states:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Xg87AY2po

So, your brain either just shuts down or you go out in a dream...

Comment

A giant turd, you never leave the cycle of poop... When you are alive you poop, poop feed the plants, plants feed you or some animals (then those animals feed you), you poop, and again... And when you die... You become a giant turd (when you are not already).

Comment

What happens after death? that depends on where you're from. In my case, friends & family will gather and have a memorial service where wine and a cold buffet will be served. They will chat about what they've been doing, the countries they've visited, their grandchildren's shenanigans and so on. Then everybody will go home and wait for the next friend/family member to die before seeing each other again.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
            What happens after death? that depends on where you're from. In my case, friends & family will gather and have a memorial service where wine and a cold buffet will be served. They will chat about what they've been doing, the countries they've visited, their grandchildren's shenanigans and so on. Then everybody will go home and wait for the next friend/family member to die before seeing each other again.

ehehe, cold buffet at a graveyard

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post

ehehe, cold buffet at a graveyard
              I’m the only one who gave an accurate account of what happens after death. The rest of you all gave unverifiable stories from your various beliefs.

Pfffffffft!

Comment

Do you believe there's life after death?
                nope

Do you think it ends?
                yep

Reincarnation?
                no

Belief in afterlife and reincarnation are just an inability of an existing mind to accept the inexistent nature of non existence.

Cogito ergo sum ( I think therefore I am)
                if I'm not then I don't think and haven't such questions

Comment

You deserve what you did.. people do bad thing just cannot run away from responsibilities when they die, they are going to be punished. Same thing with good people, he or she will deserve something after death.

Comment

I can not understand why people think there must happen something after death. Why should it? There is not one reason to assume that. And do you think this happens to all creatures or just humans?

Originally posted by MarcoCCU View Post
                    You deserve what you did.. people do bad thing just cannot run away from responsibilities when they die, they are going to be punished. Same thing with good people, he or she will deserve something after death.
                    good people are rewarded before they die by those people who love and thank them for being good.

And there is a big problem with the definition of good and bad. What for example is somebody who beats his wife/her husband/their children? bad? excusable? not bad?
                    Last edited by Suna123; 01-31-2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Just before I screamed 'stop' I realised my memory was about to be erased, she'd almost laid me to rest and I'd never see her again. So, religious order and society are man-made, to enable stability? I'd have to take issue again, given two thousand years of holy wars (including the Hussite wars against the Holy Roman Empire and Jewish holocaust &c) As Rumsfeld once said: "There are known knowns, known unknowns" etc
                      Last edited by look4swissmiss; 02-01-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

This world continues without you and any sign that you once existed is eventually erased by time. But, yes, I do believe in the possibility of life after death.

Comment

What about past lives and LBL which there is evidence of . Maybe we need to be a bit more serious and open minded and research more We laugh at what we dont know or possibly fear

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                            Do you believe there's life after death?
                            nope

Do you think it ends?
                            yep

Reincarnation?
                            no

Belief in afterlife and reincarnation are just an inability of an existing mind to accept the inexistent nature of non existence.

Cogito ergo sum ( I think therefore I am)
                            if I'm not then I don't think and haven't such questions
                            I think it was Ricky Gervais who put it in a way it's fairly easy to accept this notion of nothingness. I don't remember his exact words but it was sth like: 'What does it feel like when you're dead? How is it to 'feel' nothing? Well, what about all those years when you weren't born yet? Did you feel anything back then?'

Comment

Same as before your birth

Comment

Working...
                              X