If you would believe in Satan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you would believe in Satan?

If you would believe in Satan, would you rather believe in metaphysical existence of such anti-god, fallen angel etc. or would you rather see in Satan a symbol of some human traits?

Satan's just yet another one of those fairytale creatures and gets to even play "bad cop" to the God role of "good cop". In the case of Islam, Allah and Satan are one and the same because after all Makr "The Great Deceiver" and Allah are one and the same because they are 2 of the 99 names of "God" according to the Quran.

In terms of reality verses metaphysical - Satan is far more dangerous as a "real" entity. Belief that Satan even existed has caused innumerable psychological harm to many billions of people over the last few thousand years.

Comment

I believe it's just like written in the Bible
      http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
        I believe it's just like written in the Bible
        According to the Bible, God was a far far greater mass murderer than Satan was:

https://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot...an-or-god.html

Murder Scorecard:
        • God 24766333
        • Satan 10

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

According to the Bible, God was a far far greater mass murderer than Satan was:

https://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot...an-or-god.html

Murder Scorecard:
          • God 24766333
          • Satan 10
          And? The aim of Satan is not to murder, but to rule among the living on earth. It can be seen with all suspicious associations like masonic movements, nwo plans, etc etc
          http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100803203515

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
            If you would believe in Satan, would you rather believe in metaphysical existence of such anti-god, fallen angel etc. or would you rather see in Satan a symbol of some human traits?
            Am I alone on this panel? (с)

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
              Abdul - the strangely-named Pole - gave the best answer, "I believe it's just like written in the Bible". Satan isn't some metaphysical force or some anti-god but a created being who slanders and accuses those who trust in God. That's his "job" and the only thing he can do. He can't do anything else unless permitted to by God. The word "satan" is a title, not a name. The title belongs to the chief angel who instigated a revolt among the angels. Satan is the boss, and fallen angels are demons.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Abdul - the strangely-named Pole - gave the best answer, "I believe it's just like written in the Bible". Satan isn't some metaphysical force or some anti-god but a created being who slanders and accuses those who trust in God. That's his "job" and the only thing he can do. He can't do anything else unless permitted to by God. The word "satan" is a title, not a name. The title belongs to the chief angel who instigated a revolt among the angels. Satan is the boss, and fallen angels are demons.

Mythology to scare small children with. To persist in doing so is something very evil.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

While Abdul is studying the theame, I will say that in John's Revelations are no such secret details.

Comment

What I find funny with Satan is that one of his names is Lucifer : Lux, ferre... Light, to carry... The light bringer... We can follow different paths, light literally or light as knowledge for example, but in both cases it doesn't seem that bad, the first is bringing the light, which is kinda good, the other is bringing the knowledge, which is also good except if we consider knowledge to be bad (which wouldn't surprise me from some religious people). The most funny is that "Lucifer" out of being the name of Venus for the Romans (Venus brings the Sun = bring the light), seems to be a name given to Jesus as well.

Can I say that Satan = Jesus ?
                    Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 06-06-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                      Can I say that Satan = Jesus ?
                      That's a good statement for a real left-wing Commissioner. But you can go next and

Comment

Originally posted by VaselineBasket View Post
                        That's a good statement for a real left-wing Commissioner. But you can go next and
                        Too sovietic for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                          Too sovietic for me.
                          Time to join in the ranks https://youtu.be/uHMHPQY3BmE
                          Last edited by VaselineBasket; 06-06-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VaselineBasket View Post
                            Time to join in the ranks https://youtu.be/uHMHPQY3BmE
                            Still too soviet and atheistic for me.

Comment

I believe only in my own strength. Otherwise I'll be in a mad house.

Comment

Working...
                              X