Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muslims Leaving Islam - Becoming Much More Common.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslims Leaving Islam - Becoming Much More Common.

The move for those born into Islam to leave Islam is one gaining real momentum all over the world and is mirroring what has been happening in Christianity the last couple of decades. It also is the case in Australia:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-0...tralia/9811340

What is driving this world-wide trend?

Is it possible to be "culturally" Muslim while at the same time no longer believing that the Quran comes from Allah or that Muhammad was Allah's messenger?

Why do Muslims leaving Islam face far greater difficulties and even persecution from members of the Islamic community compared with Christians leaving Christianity?

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Just effects of western atheist patterns penetrating muslim societies.

Is it possible to be "culturally" Muslim while at the same time no longer believing that the Quran comes from Allah or that Muhammad was Allah's messenger?
    Of course. Desuetude, like I told you.

Why do Muslims leaving Islam face far greater difficulties and even persecution from members of the Islamic community compared with Christians leaving Christianity?
    The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims
    Sahih al-Bukhari 9:83:17

No such thing in the Bible, not to mention Catholic Church doctrine.

Comment

The “worldwide” trend* is being driven by the freedoms young Muslims have in Western nations. Some go secular, some become either nominal or genuine Christians. On Christian discussion forums, there are similar topics that parade converting Muslims as wonderful news.

A Muslim is born into Islam, just as a Jew is born into Judaism. Jews may become atheists but always remain Jews and respected by the community. Muslims who adopt another faith may rightly be killed although they are usually shunned by family.

*”worldwide trend”...! That’s wishful thinking.

Comment

Christians Leaving Christianity - Becoming Much More Common.

This is the correct address.

Comment

this article is very interesting from many different aspects.
          It describes why (and why not) Muslims become ex-Muslims and why the Muslim community is so offended about it.

What really will break Islams neck imho are statements from Imams like the following from the article:
          "No-one should be calling to kill an apostate in lands where Islamic law is not applied."

....indirectly saying in lands where Islamic law is applied it is always an option to kill apostates. The same is always said about other Islamic crimes and punishments. As long as they can't agree to secular laws for Muslims in majority-Muslim countries as well they will remain a violent faith and community. And the number of people who is disgusted by this is rising.

Is there compulsion in religion or not....Muslims aren't able to answer that question.
          Last edited by Suna123; 06-09-2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
            The “worldwide” trend* is being driven by the freedoms young Muslims have in Western nations.
            It's occurring everywhere. Do read the article that I linked to. If you are having problems reading it because it's more than a few sentences, then I'd be more than happy to quote the pertinent parts for you.

Some go secular, some become either nominal or genuine Christians. On Christian discussion forums, there are similar topics that parade converting Muslims as wonderful news.
            Yes, there are very large numbers converting over to Christianity. For example, massive numbers in Indonesia presently are converting from Islam to Christianity - which explains the disproportionate numbers of church burnings we have been seeing there.

A huge proportion however completely leave religion.

In the US, 55% of those born into Islam and who leave identify with no religion.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...become-muslim/

Interestingly, in the US, something like 23% of those born into Islam leave it as adults.

A Muslim is born into Islam, just as a Jew is born into Judaism. Jews may become atheists but always remain Jews and respected by the community.
            "For whatever reason", you left out "A Christian is born into Christianity"

Muslims who adopt another faith may rightly be killed although they are usually shunned by family.
            "rightly"????

*”worldwide trend”...! That’s wishful thinking.
            I authored an OP about 2 1/2 years ago when the hashtag #ExMuslimBecause was one of the fastest trending hastags worldwide. In the first 18 or 19 hours of the OP, there were well over 1000 views of the topic.

http://forum.interpals.net/forum/int...ry-good-reason

This thread had "outsiders" joining IP and trying to troll and whinge and whine the thread shut.

Also.. I won't go into details into this on a public forum for obvious reasons - but I can say that a huge proportion of the people trying to access information on internet about Atheism were doing so from Islamic countries - not from the West or from non-Islamic Asian countries.

Comment

Well, you have this in common with some Christians: you really believe Muslims are leaving Islam in droves. Believe that if it gives you comfort.

Comment

Well, you have this in common with some Christians: you really believe Muslims are leaving Islam in droves. Believe that if it gives you comfort.
                What's there to blindly believe in? The evidence is pretty overwhelming.

Comment

No links, no sense, all talk, *the dull lonely Canadian village idiot strikes again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

To save wasting more time than he's worth which quite honestly writing even eight words is, in future his acute assholery will be met with the acronym *TDLCVISA, thanking you in advance for your understanding ''
                  Last edited by fatbeard; 06-09-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joubmah View Post
                    Christians Leaving Christianity - Becoming Much More Common.

This is the correct address.
                    In places like Britain, twice as many leave Islam as there are converts to Islam.

http://forum.interpals.net/forum/int...10#post2755510

People there are just as likely to convert to a cult like Scientology as they are to Islam.

Also, as explained in the URL linked in the OP, things such as the national census tend to vastly underestimate the numbers who have actually left Islam because of the danger for a member of a household to reveal their true stance on religion. On the other hand, no such danger exists for Christians generally speaking.

Comment

Seems Il_Crapo_has_cacked .

I wonder what has triggered our village boy with the strange fetishes for shit and weird sex yet again? Perhaps not enough food and water during the now hot months of Ramadan?

A good guess here is the topic - about Muslims leaving Islam.

Perhaps our boy here is thinking he's getting extra thawab by harassing me - while at the same time engaging in his fetishes related to gay sex?

It seems this boy needs desperately to leave a cult which causes him to behave strangely like that. Anyway, there's an online group dedicated to helping such people leave certain religious cults:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/

Il_Crapo also should seek professional help from qualified psychologists and other health professionals...

Comment

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-0...tralia/9811340

Comment

That's the URL I'd given in the OP.

I was surprised that the ABC went as far as it did in that article. However, they still missed answering quite a few questions which have very clear answers in Islamic theology - and which are the basis for many Muslims leaving Islam.
                          Last edited by aussieinbg; 06-10-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

That's the URL I'd given in the OP.

I was surprised that the ABC went as far as it did in that article. However, they still missed answering quite a few questions which have very clear answers in Islamic theology - and which are the basis for many Muslims leaving Islam.

Oops .... I just picked the article up while checking the news .... was interesting reading.
                            It indicates there is generational change in countries with religious freedom.
                            Last edited by RRicho; 06-10-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Communication with people from outside of influence of Islam and access to unfiltered information sources in internet.
                              Islamic countries are those who block social media and filter content on same level like china. Censure is fear, nothing else.

I'm not a Muslim, hence I can't give an answer to this question.
                              Nevertheless I think such type of Muslim who reject the religious indoctrination path is very subversive for Islam, because believing in the truth in a fairy tale is the most powerful tool in every ideology.

Free choice isn't a thing in Islam. Horrific punishments, societal exclusion and even death, are only solutions for any kind of rejection and the most dominant part in this "belief of peace"
                              In Christianity is the belief a choice not a obligation.

Comment

Working...
                              X