Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do most Christians not believe in some or most of the gifts of the Holy Spirit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do most Christians not believe in some or most of the gifts of the Holy Spirit?

Nowadays most Christians laugh at the biblical gifts of prophecy, discerning of spirits and healing yet fully believe in the other gifts such as the gift of wisdom and the gift of faith. How can Christians possibly beleive in some but not others.

“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.” (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)

This post is for the religiously minded, not brainwashed agnostics and atheists.

Don't really know what you're talking about. I have never met a Christian who would choose some gifts of Holy Spirit to believe and disbelieved in others

Comment

Originally posted by briancrouse View Post

“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.” (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)
      You're mistaken. Genuine, born-of-the-Spirit Christians will not laugh at any of these gifts. Many people who hold to false faiths and false religions will not laugh either. The people who will laugh are the nominal Christians, the agnostics and the atheists. Corinthians was not written to any of these but was addressed to the faithful in Corinth.

If you read the verses you've quoted carefully - and understand them in the wider context of Chapter 12 as a whole - you'll see that they imply different gifts for different people.

Comment

I have to disagree with you. No one believes in healers or prophets anymore. I believe fully I had a vision of the new earth and healed a friend of cancer. You should be able to believe this then right?

Comment

Perhaps healing of mental illness is required here also...

Comment

I have to disagree with you. No one believes in healers or prophets anymore. I believe fully I had a vision of the new earth and healed a friend of cancer. You should be able to believe this then right?
            Dude but you admitted you're a mental person. If you want others to believe you, please prove your claim. This has nothing to do with relligion.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

Dude but you admitted you're a mental person. If you want others to believe you, please prove your claim. This has nothing to do with relligion.
              psychosis activated a deeply spiritual part of me. for healing, my mom's friend had lost 40 pounds from a cancerous tumor on her bladder. I prayed and heard a voice tell me she would be healed. that same day when she went in for surgery the doctors found only 2 litres of non cancerous fluid on her bladder. this is a true medical miracle. how else can I prove it to you.

Comment

psychosis activated a deeply spiritual part of me. for healing, my mom's friend had lost 40 pounds from a cancerous tumor on her bladder. I prayed and heard a voice tell me she would be healed. that same day when she went in for surgery the doctors found only 2 litres of non cancerous fluid on her bladder. this is a true medical miracle. how else can I prove it to you.
                I don't know how. This is just forum, anyone can write anything
                I'd recommend to post some video on youtube and present all relevant proofs this way

Comment

This post is for the religiously minded, not brainwashed agnostics and atheists.
                  Is it ok if I am a brainwashed shintoist ?

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

You're mistaken. Genuine, born-of-the-Spirit Christians will not laugh at any of these gifts. Many people who hold to false faiths and false religions will not laugh either. The people who will laugh are the nominal Christians, the agnostics and the atheists. Corinthians was not written to any of these but was addressed to the faithful in Corinth.

If you read the verses you've quoted carefully - and understand them in the wider context of Chapter 12 as a whole - you'll see that they imply different gifts for different people.

Yet Im not sure all the agnostic or atheists would laugh at it, I've seen some of them having epic beliefs as well that would make a Christian laugh

Comment

Unexplainable healings do happen, miracles if you will; and prophecy as well when it is in accord with Scripture.

For me to believe sight unseen some unknown guy on the internet - you - who claims to have had visions and healed a friend of cancer...no. For me to believe that would be a grave lack of discernment on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Unexplainable healings do happen, miracles if you will; and prophecy as well when it is in accord with Scripture.

For me to believe sight unseen some unknown guy on the internet - you - who claims to have had visions and healed a friend of cancer...no. For me to believe that would be a grave lack of discernment on my part.

what you really mean is a lack of faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

Yet Im not sure all the agnostic or atheists would laugh at it, I've seen some of them having epic beliefs as well that would make a Christian laugh
                          Yes, you're right, Your Holiness, Pope Sancta Lux I.

I must get into my spaceship now and leave your planet. I have a meeting on Sirius B in one hour and must be on my way.

Comment

Actually, no miracle here... And bladder cancer is wide enough, there are differenttypes of cancers even for an organ.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

Actually, no miracle here... And bladder cancer is wide enough, there are differenttypes of cancers even for an organ.
                              It wasnt bladder cancer bud. the doctors said it wasnt.

Comment

Working...
                              X