No announcement yet.

Is The Book of Mormon Inspired by God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is The Book of Mormon Inspired by God?

So, just to be open-ended about this, would you be willing to read The Book of Mormon if it meant if it could help you draw closer to God and discover any of life's important questions?

Would you read it?
    Last edited by ishoney_8; 07-17-2018, 03:09 PM.

Another kook cult founder - Joseph Smith.

Seems like yet another cult founder, Muhammad, he had a bit of a taste for peadophilia also.

Comment

Here's a nice rendition of the history of the Book of Mormon:

https://gloria.tv/video/DADGumHLcheh3pXWf8eoYZabE

And of course, if you want to spot the glaring bullshit to be found in this turd of a book,

https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/BoM/index.htm

Comment

No, the Book of Mormon isn’t inspired by God. Mormonism has nothing at all to do with Christianity; it’s a separate faith.

Comment

The book of Mormon was inspired by a conman and anyone gullible enough to embrace it as a religion is in my book of the top 5 Hilariously Tricked Dumb Followers, along with anyone that follows Scientology, Branch Davidians, Jehovah Witness and of course Unintelligent Design/Creationism better know in the academic world as Creatards who most hilariously of all cite their own non peer reviewed religious pretend scientists as actual real scientists when assuring everyone the Earth is 6000 years old, in a sometimes hard humorless world you can always rely on something these cultist halfwits do or say to bring laughter to a ordinary day

Comment

Originally posted by fatbeard View Post
            The book of Mormon was inspired by a conman and anyone gullible enough to embrace it as a religion is in my book of the top 5 Hilariously Tricked Dumb Followers, along with anyone that follows Scientology, Branch Davidians, Jehovah Witness and of course Unintelligent Design/Creationism better know in the academic world as Creatards who most hilariously of all cite their own non peer reviewed religious pretend scientists as actual real scientists when assuring everyone the Earth is 6000 years old, in a sometimes hard humorless world you can always rely on something these cultist halfwits do or say to bring laughter to a ordinary day
            Islam is definitely a top 5 cult. Apart from the Quran, I'd seriously recommend a read of any hadith collection. Some of the stuff written there would have only been come up with by L Ron Hubbard if he had been tripping on LSD and in 50C desert heat.

Joseph Smith and Muhammad share many many similarities, including of course that they were both consummate conmen. I'd actually thought several times about OPing a thread on that. I might do that soon

Comment

Originally posted by ishoney_8 View Post
              So, just to be open-ended about this, would you be willing to read The Book of Mormon if it meant if it could help you discover any of life's questions you ask yourself?

Would you read it?
              Hard to say, I've never read it. Also for now I don't have time to read any books more than for studies

Comment

Originally posted by ishoney_8 View Post
                So, just to be open-ended about this, would you be willing to read The Book of Mormon if it meant if it could help you discover any of life's questions you ask yourself?

Would you read it?
                The Book of mormon like Roger said has nothing to do with christianity. It is a cult book and likely was inspired by the devil as it has led many people astray from the true gospel. Mormonism should be illegal just like the Jehovah's witness are in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
                  No, the Book of Mormon isn’t inspired by God. Mormonism has nothing at all to do with Christianity; it’s a separate faith.
                  Sure Mormonism isn't Christianity. On the other hand, Mormonism shares many of the features of the founding of religions like Christianity and Islam and the same bullshit lack of any substantial basis - a founder kook "hearing" and "seeing" things.

Kooks tend to be inspired by other kooks and Mormonism is no exception. The book of Mormon plagiarises the Bible all over the place:

https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/BoM/plag/long.html

Funny how it is very much the King James Bible version that the Book of Mormon plagiarises and, furthermore, reproduces word for word even the dodgy translations found in the King James Bible translation

Comment

Originally posted by briancrouse View Post

The Book of mormon like Roger said has nothing to do with christianity. It is a cult book and likely was inspired by the devil as it has led many people astray from the true gospel. Mormonism should be illegal just like the Jehovah's witness are in Russia.
                    I have tenants who are Mormons and the big advantage to me is that they are polite, pay their rent on time and don’t trash the place. They have been in the building since I bought it 15 or so years ago and they are my most trusted tenants. I would much rather have a Mormon or Jehovah’s Witness tenant than a nominal Christian, a Muslim or an atheist. The big advantage to pseudo-Christian religions* is that the faithful keep things clean and follow the rules.

People are led astray by many things. That’s just human nature.

*cults that have a works- or merit-based salvation.

Comment

''

^ Yeah yeah sure you do...when the subject was people with mental problems you have tenants that have mental problems and take the doors off etc, now the subject is mormons just by chance you got a mormons as tenants story to tell too, shame the topic wasn't serial killers, you could of popped in with the great tale about how you once had John Martin Crawford renting a room and he tried to kill you but you once lived in Hong Kong and taught Bruce Lee martial arts so easily fought him off

This sorta asshattery is easy, I have mormons as tenants and they are rude, never pay up on time and keep backing up the toilet. The Atheists I have as tenants are so polite they must of been sent from heaven (pun intended), they pay their rent 2 years in advance and on my birthday they bought me a Ferrari Testarossa therefore without doubt all Atheists are better than everyone else especially religious people, oh and also isn't my overuse of the emoji feature cool

In summary Walter TDLCVI Mitty strikes again loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
                      Last edited by fatbeard; 07-12-2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Islam is definitely a top 5 cult. Apart from the Quran, I'd seriously recommend a read of any hadith collection. Some of the stuff written there would have only been come up with by L Ron Hubbard if he had been tripping on LSD and in 50C desert heat.

Joseph Smith and Muhammad share many many similarities, including of course that they were both consummate conmen. I'd actually thought several times about OPing a thread on that. I might do that soon
                        I have done, in fact I was calling out about Mo marrying Aisha when she was 6 and consummating the marriage when she was 9 from Sahih al-Bukhari hadith to angry muzlums who wanted proof of that statement 15 years ago, oddly enough then like now they seem to pick and choose which hadiths are valid and which are not depending on the subject matter and what suits them. I don't bother too much these days, there are plenty of other people willing to point out the short comings in islum Anyhow they're not in my top 5 of hilarity because of the terrorist acts committed in the name of islum obviously.

I would prefer to keep this topic on asshattery of mormons, they are after all right up there in what is in religious terms quite a new faith and reinforces my belief that there really is one born every minute when it comes to gullible morons...oooops I meant mormons

Comment

I have done, in fact I was calling out about Mo marrying Aisha when she was 6 and consummating the marriage when she was 9 from Sahih al-Bukhari hadith to angry muzlums who wanted proof of that statement 15 years ago, oddly enough then like now they seem to pick and choose which hadiths are valid and which are not depending on the subject matter and what suits them. I don't bother too much these days, there are plenty of other people willing to point out the short comings in islum
                          I got introduced to the Hadiths by an Exmuslim some time back also, a bit after 911. Apart from the disgusting stuff like peadophile sex and murdering apostates and non-believers, there's some absolutely hilarious stuff you can discover for yourself that hasn't made it yet into the pages debunking Islam. The funniest one I'd discovered in Bukhari was a hadith telling believers to take a dump with their arse pointed away from Mecca then the very next hadith telling them to point their arse towards Mecca while excreting crap. There's so much shit (pun intended) in the Hadiths that much of it remains unexplored.

Mormonism by the way has also been into peadophilia, as we'll see later on.

Anyhow they're not in my top 5 of hilarity because of the terrorist acts committed in the name of islum obviously.
                          Mormonism has also been very much into the terror game themselves, e.g.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_Massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Creek_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...ville_Massacre

Not to mention imposing themselves on people whereever they went:

http://allthatsinteresting.com/dark-mormon-history

Check out that link for some of the peadophilia that goes on within Mormonism...

And you might be wondering where Mormons got that habit of being very pushy propagating their cult

I would prefer to keep this topic on asshattery of mormons, they are after all right up there in what is in religious terms quite a new faith and reinforces my belief that there really is one born every minute when it comes to gullible morons...oooops I meant mormons
                          Sure we can talk about "magic underwear", their alternative history of the universe and North America and so on. For that matter, we could also discuss tithing and all the usual money stuff that can be found in cults.

Comment

Mormonism by the way has also been into peadophilia, as we'll see later on.
                            That'a a lot different than the case of Mo.

That's all historic settler crap, it was pretty much a free for all as to who wipes out who or which groups attack another in those lawless times, the US army were no better regarding massacres than those links, not the same as the actual modern day terror attacks I was referring to.

Check out that link for some of the peadophilia that goes on within Mormonism...
                            I'll pass, my internet browser history is fine just the way it is.

There isn't a religion going that hasn't got a shady past full of sordid scandals of sex sodomy and lash combined with ruthless violence, mormons included, but that's religion for you, however the modern religions in my list are simply the most hilarious as far as i'm concerned with unintelligent design and creatards being the #1 asshats
                            Last edited by fatbeard; 07-13-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

That'a a lot different than the case of Mo.
                              Sure... Muhammad was also very much into little boys as well as little girls - as clearly stated in the Hadiths and the Sirat.

Joseph Smith indeed was a peadophile just like Muhammad and of course into sex with any woman he could find:

https://www.exmormon.org/d6/drupal/J...Mormon-sources.

Unlike Muhammad however, Joseph Smith forgot to write his own little verse into the Book of Mormon stating that he could have sex with whoever he wanted to.

Also, Joseph Smith doesn't have the bisexual tendencies that Muhammad had as attested in the Sirat and the Hadiths.

That's all historic settler crap, it was pretty much a free for all as to who wipes out who or which groups attack another in those lawless times, the US army were no better regarding massacres than those links, not the same as the actual modern day terror attacks I was referring to.
                              This particular one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_Massacre

is a very modern-like example of terrorism with Mormons dressing up as Indians to make it look like it was Indians rather than Mormons who were doing the attacks.

I'll pass, my internet browser history is fine just the way it is.
                              Have no fear - the link discussed historical marriage of prepubescent girls to adult men in Mormonism. Most likely that would not get the Ministry of Truth or the Ministry of Love investigating you as a person of interest.

There isn't a religion going that hasn't got a shady past full of sordid scandals of sex sodomy and lash combined with ruthless violence, mormons included, but that's religion for you,
                              Religion/cult founders tend to have a thing about sex and violence. All part of the thrill of inventing stories to control people with.

however the modern religions in my list are simply the most hilarious as far as i'm concerned with unintelligent design and creatards being the #1 asshats
                              "intelligent design and creatards" tend to encompass a whole bunch of different religions and cults such as nutter Christians and even Islamists.

By the way, your favourite dwarf dictator's forces have decided just after the presidential inauguration in Turkey to arrest Harun Yahya aka Adnan Oktar, Islam's primary ID and creationist kook. His organisation's efforts put Bible kooks in the US South to shame regarding the quality of their propaganda and how much money was spent on distributing it.
                              Last edited by aussieinbg; 07-13-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X