This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Generated by the usual lies and deceit - whether flirting done with physically attractive "preachers and their assistants" promising "interesting social interaction" (but of course never delivering beyond a few words except the religious bullshit) or with something extra such as free food or free language lessons.

And proselytising pretending to be "solicited" even more so.

Now, "soliticiting" listening to the explanation for the cooked from from your pretend wife would constitute "you don't get to eat unless you listen first to how it was cooked". Same bullshit that preachers pull with their "free" food and so on. In poorer countries, a meal might constitute 2 or 3 hours work at least. Listening to someone crap on about "God" for an hour in that context sounds and looks like a bribe.

And you still have to lie and bullshit and generally exaggerate to make your audience "interested".
    Unsolicited proselytizing by atheists is just as annoying as that by other religions...you are one of the better proselytizing atheists here, always ready to promote your beliefs to those who don’t care.

(You’re such a dope!)

Comment

• Instead of actually addressing what I've been talking about regarding the tactics that proselytisers to make it look like "people are searching for information".

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
      Unsolicited proselytizing by atheists is just as annoying as that by other religions...
      There is no "Atheist religion". "Atheism" is a lack of belief in skydaddies. That's all. Rather like not being interested in fishing is the hobby of non-fishing. Refutation of specific skydaddy myths such as the Islamic or Christian ones is debate.

you are one of the better proselytizing atheists here,
      There is no atheist religion. Let us repeat it (after all you have demonstrated on many other posts your substantial lack of basic reading comprehension skills).

There is no "Atheist religion". "Atheism" is a lack of belief in skydaddies.

always ready to promote your beliefs
      You're on a forum and people debate things on political, religious and other such forums. Get over it boy.

When it is a one-way street not engaging what is being said about a topic then that is called preaching. That you are not actually referring to the post of mine you are responding to is a demonstration that you are preaching - by going into a scripted "Atheism is a religion" rant rather than what I'd said about the tactics of proselytisers getting potential converts through the door by lying and other devious means. If I'm wrong, then refute it with evidence.

to those who don’t care.
      People read forums for the debate and alternative opinions. If you are not into that, then join a jerk circle.

(You’re such a dope!)
      Well, all that namecalling... one does show ones butthurt on a forum now when one can't debate, don't you?

You're such a moron that you don't realise that you are on a forum where people actually question what is being said and actually analyse the content of people's posts. Much of that of course is critical. You see, I've substantiated the label "moron" to be applied to you...

So, where is your actual refutation of the points I'd made in this post here regarding the tactics used by those to proselytise to make it look like people are "willingly soliciting information about the religion" which I'd pointed out here:

http://forum.interpals.net/forum/int...58#post3062458

verses your ranting verbal masturbation about "proselytising by Atheists".

Or do you mean that "proselytising by Atheists" = evidence-based debate?

Comment

• Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Proselytizing isn’t useless if it is in response to genuine interest or curiosity. Unsolicited proselytizing is useless and annoying. Example: my wife will sometimes go on and on about how she made some dish: she tells me the ingredients, the care she took in selecting them, the technique she used in the preparation, the way the dish was cooked...until she sees my eyes glaze over. I don’t care! I never look at a cookbook, not even the pictures.

Culinary “proselytizing” is just as useless as the religious kind if your audience is uninterested.
        Then if someone who is a Christian/Catholic etc or is indeed simply just interested in a specific religion and is in a church for a service are you suggesting the priest is proselytising? Other than that as I wrote earlier the general consensus here is proselytism is worthless, I have yet to see anyone change their belief because a muslum Christian etc is plaguing this forum with copy and paste passages from their various religious books in the vain hope of converting someone. The Oxford English dictionary gives a good definition.

As for the rest of your reply the "culinary" analogy you used is moot as that is not the definition of proselytising, however what it does show you are quite a selfish ungrateful type and actually made me feel a bit sorry for your wife.

PS, I edited out the "cool" emoji you seem to think fit is a must in every post you make, I can't bring myself to think a grown man in his 60s finds this childish habit necessary.

(British proselytise)

VERB

[WITH OBJECT]
        • 1Convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.

Comment

• fatbeard and aussieinbg are the biggest proselytizers on here. they are just blind to it. thats why I said there is a double standard on christians "preaching" and atheists doing the same thing. Atheists seam to get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by briancrouse View Post
            fatbeard and aussieinbg are the biggest proselytizers on here. they are just blind to it. thats why I said there is a double standard on christians "preaching" and atheists doing the same thing. Atheists seam to get away with it.
            You should not bring issues with other members to the forums, if you think the rules have been broken please use the report function.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbeard View Post

You should not bring issues with other members to the forums, if you think the rules have been broken please use the report function.
              you always bring issues to the forums with me calling me peewee, is that why you call me so you can get away with targeting me? thanks for the lecture hypocrite

Comment

you always bring issues to the forums with me calling me peewee, is that why you call me so you can get away with targeting me? thanks for the lecture hypocrite
                Nope, the moderator issued a warning a while back for us to be civil, I respected his decision and you have totally ignored it and continue to do so, that is the difference between reality and delusion.

I have replied to people here on topic, you have not, again the difference between reality and delusion. As you have nothing but insults to offer I will as I have been up to now be ignoring you.

Comment

Nope, the moderator issued a warning a while back for us to be civil, I respected his decision and you have totally ignored it and continue to do so, that is the difference between reality and delusion.

I have replied to people here on topic, you have not, again the difference between reality and delusion. As you have nothing but insults to offer I will as I have been up to now be ignoring you.
                  Thanks for your lack of name calling. I didnt know you had it in you.

except this. "you are quite a selfish ungrateful type and actually made me feel a bit sorry for your wife." looks like you still cant post without hurling insults.
                  Last edited by briancrouse; 08-12-2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your lack of name calling. I didnt know you had it in you.

EDITED LATER except this. "you are quite a selfish ungrateful type and actually made me feel a bit sorry for your wife." looks like you still cant post without hurling insults.
                    Oh dear, all that shows is you will do anything to try and hide your deceit including sneaking back and editing your post when you have realised you have been caught breaking the rules again and cherry picking what I wrote to someone else, what I actually wrote in context is in bold and for the benefit of the moderator and was simply a reply and not an insult. Here, let's see my reply to someone else in full...

Proselytizing isn’t useless if it is in response to genuine interest or curiosity.Unsolicited proselytizing is useless and annoying.

Example: my wife will sometimes go on and on about how she made some dish: she tells me the ingredients, the care she took in selecting them, the technique she used in the preparation, the way the dish was cooked...until she sees my eyes glaze over. I don’t care! I never look at a cookbook, not even the pictures.

Culinary “proselytizing” is just as useless as the religious kind if your audience is uninterested.

Then if someone who is a Christian/Catholic etc or is indeed simply just interested in a specific religion and is in a church for a service are you suggesting the priest is proselytising? Other than that as I wrote earlier the general consensus here is proselytism is worthless, I have yet to see anyone change their belief because a muslum Christian etc is plaguing this forum with copy and paste passages from their various religious books in the vain hope of converting someone. The Oxford English dictionary gives a good definition.

As for the rest of your reply the "culinary" analogy you used is moot as that is not the definition of proselytising, however what it does show you are quite a selfish ungrateful type and actually made me feel a bit sorry for your wife.

Comment

Oh dear, all that shows is you will do anything to try and hide your deceit including sneaking back and editing your post when you have realised you have been caught breaking the rules again and cherry picking what I wrote to someone else, what I actually wrote in context is in bold and for the benefit of the moderator and was simply a reply and not an insult. Here, let's see my reply to someone else in full...

Proselytizing isn’t useless if it is in response to genuine interest or curiosity.Unsolicited proselytizing is useless and annoying.

Example: my wife will sometimes go on and on about how she made some dish: she tells me the ingredients, the care she took in selecting them, the technique she used in the preparation, the way the dish was cooked...until she sees my eyes glaze over. I don’t care! I never look at a cookbook, not even the pictures.

haha. thought you were going to ignore me. looks like you lack self control mr

Comment

• Locked ...... this is what happens when you lot can't stay on topic and off the personal stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X