Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you change your religion to gain something in life?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you change your religion to gain something in life?

Supposedly you are a religious person or you know someone who is. Have you or someone changed his/her religion temporarily or for real to escape persecution, fear or to win someone's love to date and marry that person or for any other reason?

Once in a while I'm rather silent about the non-existence of my religion. Thats a kind of lie. I do this to avoid being prejdudged or to avoid my children having disadvantages from it.

I can imagine circumstances where I would pretend to convert - I know from experience how oppressive systems work and how you can reach the point where the wrong believe can bring you or other family members in serious trouble. And I have seen many people who joined the believe only to reach even minor personal benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Easygliderpro View Post
      Supposedly you are a religious person or you know someone who is. Have you or someone changed his/her religion temporarily or for real to escape persecution, fear or to win someone's love to date and marry that person or for any other reason?

I don't know anyone who has done that. I could understand it being done in a life-or-death circumstance and this would constitute a lack of courage. (Quite understandable.)

I could also understand posing as something you're not to keep the peace with contentious individuals and this would be quasi-hypocrisy. (Also understandable but not noble.)

And I could understand changing denominations to satisfy a love interest. (This would be opportunism.)

Comment

I know a lot of people who changed their religion for above reasons. In fact it happens a lot in India. First case is of Christianity: Many tribals or communities which were ostracised or which lived in state of absolute poverty converted to christianity because Christian missionaries provided them education and healthcare by building schools and hospitals. Basically missionaries provided them with facilities which the state failed to provide them.
        Second case is of converting to Islam for marriage, It happens mostly with girls who convert to Islam to marry muslim guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ernestomarx View Post
          Second case is of converting to Islam for marriage, It happens mostly with girls who convert to Islam to marry muslim guys.
          Ah yes... love jihad

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Ah yes... love jihad

I think and I believe you don't really believe or like what you have said about Jihad. Converting to any religion, especially to Islam is like playing with fire. It's like a child playing with matches and that child doesn't know the danger of fire.

Nevertheless, this topic isn't about religion but I have known and seen people who were married to Muslim men, most of them end up with divorce and problems. Again, it's better to stay single than marrying someone outside your faith. Sooner or later, you will regret it. Don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
              Once in a while I'm rather silent about the non-existence of my religion. Thats a kind of lie. I do this to avoid being prejdudged or to avoid my children having disadvantages from it.

I can imagine circumstances where I would pretend to convert - I know from experience how oppressive systems work and how you can reach the point where the wrong believe can bring you or other family members in serious trouble. And I have seen many people who joined the believe only to reach even minor personal benefits.
              I can understand why you or others may not speak, or change their religion temporarily to avoid criticism, persecutions or even death. I know some or certain people who may change or convert for the benefits to gain material things in life, or someone who falls in love with a girl or a guy to win their love in marriage. I think that's what I call that person or people lukewarm, they are neither hot or cold but they lean toward either way to gain something.

Comment

I could do that to gain some benefits, nevertheless I wouldn't begin to believe in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

I could do that to gain some benefits, nevertheless I wouldn't begin to believe in it.
                  Be careful what you ask for, it could be bigger bite than you can chew.

Comment

I would love to gain myself, and know the world without any fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by ernestomarx View Post

My aunt married a Muslim man, it was the worst decision she has ever made. He converted to catholic and in less than a year in marriage, he started to show his real true colors. They fought, argued about anything and she always get the blame because she was catholic.There was no love or peace in that house. He started going to mosque, pray and read the Quran. Almost daily, trying to talk to her into converting to his religion. It was nothing but a nightmare. I don't know why she stayed with him all her life till she died from cancer about 5 years ago, I believe she developed cancer due to stress in her life that her husband and his family the way they treated her.

Islam is a dangerous cult, its just a matter of time if you are not careful, it will sneak on you like cancer, by the time you know it, its too late.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBeach View Post

My aunt married a Muslim man, it was the worst decision she has ever made. He converted to catholic and in less than a year in marriage, he started to show his real true colors. They fought, argued about anything and she always get the blame because she was catholic.There was no love or peace in that house. He started going to mosque, pray and read the Quran. Almost daily, trying to talk to her into converting to his religion. It was nothing but a nightmare. I don't know why she stayed with him all her life till she died from cancer about 5 years ago, I believe she developed cancer due to stress in her life that her husband and his family the way they treated her.

Islam is a dangerous cult, its just a matter of time if you are not careful, it will sneak on you like cancer, by the time you know it, its too late.

Such a young man with a big heart and full of understanding. I guess its easier to learn, grasp, understand and see the big picture about what's happening around someone's life when you witness or see the events in action. I am so proud of you that you got it the first time, where some of us may turn an eye ( don't care or say it won't happen to me), never get it, or some of us it may take a long time to learn from our mistakes or the mistake's of others. Don't mix religion with romance, it won't work and it will never lasts. Stay in the same faith.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBeach View Post

How could a fanatical Muslim convert to Catholicism and later demand his wife to convert to islam? I do not get this part of the story. Agree with other things said.

Comment

Be careful what you ask for, it could be bigger bite than you can chew.
                            I'm living in a country where cath. church is very powerful and can give benefits to their believers. Hence i think my experience is in this case much wider than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

I'm living in a country where cath. church is very powerful and can give benefits to their believers. Hence i think my experience is in this case much wider than yours.
                              To lose the whole world is gain, to gain the whole world is loss. I do not follow men, church, denomination or any religion.
                              Many religions tell us how to get to god. Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
                              I am a follower of Jesus Christ, how about you?
                              Last edited by Easygliderpro; 09-18-2018, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X