Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would the world change if you weren't born?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would the world change if you weren't born?

How would the world change if you weren't born?

My daughter wouldn't exist, she may have the same name and be born the same day but she wouldn't be the same

Comment

If you hadn't been born you wouldn't know if the World had changed or not, would you?

Looking from a different perspective, why should anyone be conceited enough to think that their birth was a 'World Changing' event?

Comment

Originally posted by Machlud View Post
        If you hadn't been born you wouldn't know if the World had changed or not, would you?

Looking from a different perspective, why should anyone be conceited enough to think that their birth was a 'World Changing' event?

This isn't the question of conceit. Every person is the minute particle of the world, but even such particle can change something.

Comment

It wouldn't change. The world would still be the same. Birth of an ordinary human does not change anything in this world, the world does not go round our asses, it is us who have to realize that we're just a very tiny part of this world and our existence or non existence have zero influence in the context of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Etsia View Post
            It wouldn't change. The world would still be the same. Birth of an ordinary human does not change anything in this world, the world does not go round our asses, it is us who have to realize that we're just a very tiny part of this world and our existence or non existence have zero influence in the context of the world.
            There would be a change but it would be impossible to measure. Your son wouldn't exist. Your sister wouldn't have a sister and so on. Your non-existence would change your closest family (except your son who wouldn't exist!) Who knows what your son (or his children) will do or accomplish in the future...? So if you didn't exist, everything your son will do won't be done.

So there would be a change in the world if you didn't exist but the question is unanswerable. The question actually borders on nonsense but it would make a good topic for science-fiction movies.

Comment

I think it is impossible to know what someone non-existence would mean..not only to the people closed to them but our lives are like water drops hitting the surface of a pond. Each drop causes ripples and alters the surface for the next drop surrounding it and the ripples are wide.

Comment

We are small but the most amazing thing is true...we can change the world. We change it now...buildings, climate change and other things. If Eistein was never born would the world be the same as it is today. Even if you didn't do anything spectacular maybe your life touched another's and they were meant to change the world. We cannot know the answer to this...

Comment

Originally posted by ROSIE28SPK2ME View Post

We are small but the most amazing thing is true...we can change the world. We change it now...buildings, climate change and other things. If Eistein was never born would the world be the same as it is today. Even if you didn't do anything spectacular maybe your life touched another's and they were meant to change the world. We cannot know the answer to this...

Quite true! but if you had not been born you would not know, would you?

It is a badly worded post from the OP! Perhaps something like --- "Do you think your birth changed the World in any way?" would have been more appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Machlud View Post

It is a badly worded post from the OP! Perhaps something like --- "Do you think your birth changed the World in any way?" would have been more appropriate.
                    Even that question is not easily answerable unless you are looking for "macro changes" such as those brought about by Zuckerberg, Elon Musk and others of their ilk. Such people change the world for millions (with the help of many working in the shadows, lets not forget) but each one of us changes our immediate surroundings. Each one of us has an impact on the people we touch.

Comment

Well, the world as such would still be the same without us - same laws of nature, if one Einstein weren't born, there would be another, if I and my kid were not born the sun would still rise and set down, if Hitler weren't born, another villain would be...Some people influence history but the world is always the same, we're all just small parts of it important just to the closest ones we love and are loved by. I understand it this way.

Comment

İf İ weren't born the world would be free from a worthless man
                        Last edited by Lewini; 10-17-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewini View Post
                          İf İ weren't born the world would be free from a complete cook
                          better muhammad was never born

Comment

better muhammad was never born
                            If Muhammad hadn't been born then the world would have not suffered the destruction of so much civilisation and knowledge - setting back the world 300 or 400 years at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewini View Post
                              İf İ weren't born the world would be free from a worthless man
                              I'm praying for you that you can free and trust your own mind. It was created perfectly - you will see.

Comment

Working...
                              X