Ahimsa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahimsa

Ahimsa is one of the most important principles in the Hindu religion and other Eastern philosophies of life such as Buddhism. It is a way of life based on respect and non-violence against all forms of life.
    Can someone tell me more about it?

Even if no clue about Hinduism, I think every philosophy has its limits.
    What happens in case when another life form is hostile and tries to destroy or dominate your folk?

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
      What happens in case when another life form is hostile and tries to destroy or dominate your folk?
      Yes, the limit of a philosophy can be found when it’s applied to human nature. Non-violence just doesn’t work because humans are violent. Any religion or atheist philosophy will fail if it seeks to curb our natural tendency to dominate, to fight.

Anyway, Hinduism has no lessons to teach the West. Just look at the country where it took root...

Comment

valid only if it is really philosophy
        what if it is a kind of principle (?)

Comment

Like in india/Pakistan when the moslem Mughals arrived and slaughtered peace loving hindus..

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Yes, the limit of a philosophy can be found when it’s applied to human nature. Non-violence just doesn’t work because humans are violent. Any religion or atheist philosophy will fail if it seeks to curb our natural tendency to dominate, to fight.

Anyway, Hinduism has no lessons to teach the West. Just look at the country where it took root...

On the other hand war when it doesn't destroy one country's core is beneficial for scientific achievements and industrial infrastructure. See Europe as example.
            Problem of ethnic and religious conflicts is that those begin from one societies core. It's a steady weakening from inside over decades and centuries.
            I don't need to look at the region below Himalaya to see particular issue, I just need to look in the past. A country that was able to subjugate the mighty Teutonic Order into vassalage, fought successfully wars against Ottomans which were a menace of this time. Felt into multicultural lethargy of too much tolerance after being 3 centuries a multicultural melting pot, later it was devoured by its ethnocentric neighbors.

Ergo: fuck one sided tolerance it makes you weak
            Last edited by Hades91; 01-09-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

one known for development of linguistics and math?

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post

one known for development of linguistics and math?
                I was referring more to the poor hygiene and unequal social structure.

Comment

I was referring more to the poor hygiene and unequal social structure.

Caste system is nepotism that divides societies.
                  Hygiene has not much common with philosophy. I'm just wondering that people in India don't die in masses because of lack of clean drink water and with this overpopulation.

Comment

Caste system is nepotism that divides societies.
                    Hygiene has not much common with philosophy. I'm just wondering that people in India don't die in masses because of lack of clean drink water and with this overpopulation.
                    You can’t change a dog into a cat by feeding him cat food. All the beautiful philosophy in the world won’t change human nature.

Humans are also quite resilient so that’s why there are no mass deaths as a result of overcrowding, poor hygiene, poverty, rampant crime...

Comment

You can’t change a dog into a cat by feeding him cat food. All the beautiful philosophy in the world won’t change human nature.
                      Well, this is currently what EU/UN tries to do with people in European countries with their shitty postmodernism.
                      I know it won't work and it will cause opposite reaction in long term. I suppose (((they))) know that too, so are their goals in any case vicious.

Humans are also quite resilient so that’s why there are no mass deaths as a result of overcrowding, poor hygiene, poverty, rampant crime...

Ganges has higher silver iodide concentration than other rives. I suppose without this antiseptic the situation in India with only partially incarcerated corpses decaying in 25-35C warm water would be much more worse
                      Last edited by Hades91; 01-11-2019, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Ganges has higher silver iodide concentration than other rives. I suppose without this antiseptic the situation in India with only partially incarcerated corpses decaying in 25-35C warm water would be much more worse
                        I didn’t know that about the Ganges. It’s actually encouraging! We can continue to pollute the environment and still live.

To hell with the environment! My next car will have a V12. I just love the sound of a 12-cylinder engine...

Comment

I didn’t know that about the Ganges. It’s actually encouraging! We can continue to pollute the environment and still live.

To hell with the environment! My next car will have a V12. I just love the sound of a 12-cylinder engine...

right. After me the deluge.
                          V12 sound classy but somehow like sewing machines. I like the deep sound of old V8 which are guzzling tons of fuel or boxer 6 cylinder which have chassis in price of gold because they wear the name of a Nazi vehicle designer.
                          My kids will be certainly a disappointment (are femeles) so better to disinherit them and sell everything while doing something very egoistic.

Comment

A war between the West which turned out to be very special desire civility and those who crave savagery ... another world
                            Last edited by dmitri11; 01-11-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

right. After me the deluge.
                              V12 sound classy but somehow like sewing machines. I like the deep sound of old V8 which are guzzling tons of fuel or boxer 6 cylinder which have chassis in price of gold because they wear the name of a Nazi vehicle designer.
                              My kids will be certainly a disappointment (are femeles) so better to disinherit them and sell everything while doing something very egoistic.
                              Yes, V12s can sound like sewing machines, especially the old Jaguars. I was thinking more of the V12s in an Aston Martin Vantage or Rapide which are both affordable as used cars. I have a V10 in my motor home (a Ford 6,7 litre) and it’s quiet because of the muffler. The same engine in a Raptor pickup truck is quite musical with a deep, throaty roar.

Too keep this spiritual, modern V12s have a heavenly sound...

PS. I don’t think it’s fair to call Porsche a “Nazi vehicle designer” just because he designed the VW Beetle on Hitler’s orders. Porsche was caught up in the times and was a young man given a job by a charismatic leader. I’m sure a lot of Trump supporters will look back on this period in history and say to themselves, “What was I thinking following this jerk?!”
                              Last edited by RogerCarmel; 01-11-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X