Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your star sign? Do you think it means something?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your star sign? Do you think it means something?

what's your ZODIAC sign?
    I'm a Pisces(in moon) and I'm kinda down to earth and chill.
    Do you think what your star sign says about you is accurate?
    Last edited by Souya; 01-09-2019, 09:40 PM.

I think Orion is the best constellation. Betelgeuse is there as is Rigel. All massive stars.

Betelgeuse might not be so chilly when it finally goes supernova. It might do so in the next million or so years. It would be fun for it to happen in our lifetimes

Comment

Yup, I'd love to see a supernova at least once in my life. Ik almost impossible to catch it but wow it'd be amazing if it just happens

Comment

However, i meant Zodiac signs in fact d:

Comment

I'm supposed to be a "Taurus", but it's total bullshit. Firstly because our dear astrologers forgot to take in consideration that the sky has moved a lot in the past 2000 years, which leads to a different sign for almost anybody like you could see here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zp4fvcw#z9twq6f

Secondly because astrology fall in the cute cute cuuuuuute barnum effect with, always, too generic descriptions to be contradicted by most of people, even the ones who don't have the sign (you could find yourself in the description of a lion, a taurus, a scorpio et caetera).

Thirdly because some people have admitted to be scammers. I rememeber of a woman saying that a media took her as astrologers because she was looking for a job and friend with the boss there...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
            I'm supposed to be a “Taurus” it's total bullshit...
            Yes, I’m also a Taurus although a purebred Taurus as my ascendant is also Taurus. If astrology were true, I would own or want a Lamborghini because that company’s symbol is a raging bull. I’ve owned many vehicles but never a Lamborghini...and I don’t even want one.

Astrology is bull...

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Yes, I’m also a Taurus although a purebred Taurus as my ascendant is also Taurus. If astrology were true, I would own or want a Lamborghini because that company’s symbol is a raging bull. I’ve owned many vehicles but never a Lamborghini...and I don’t even want one.

Astrology is bull...

Lol and there's this car that's actially called "taurus"

Comment

Originally posted by Souya View Post

Lol and there's this car that's actially called "taurus"
                That’s right! The Ford Taurus. They are used as police cars here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                  I'm supposed to be a "Taurus", but it's total bullshit. Firstly because our dear astrologers forgot to take in consideration that the sky has moved a lot in the past 2000 years, which leads to a different sign for almost anybody like you could see here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zp4fvcw#z9twq6f

Secondly because astrology fall in the cute cute cuuuuuute barnum effect with, always, too generic descriptions to be contradicted by most of people, even the ones who don't have the sign (you could find yourself in the description of a lion, a taurus, a scorpio et caetera).

Thirdly because some people have admitted to be scammers. I rememeber of a woman saying that a media took her as astrologers because she was looking for a job and friend with the boss there...
                  Falls into having the same basis of evidence as just about every other religion out there.

The Barnum Effect explains perfectly everything we see in religious believers from "miracles" to visions in dreams and so on.

Comment

That's mine ............

Most interesting star in this constelation
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_204313

has a single Sun like ours G5V and one Gas giant, two smaller ice giants like our system on orbit with low eccentricity (probably there are more)

Last edited by Hades91; 01-10-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                      That's mine ............

has a single Sun like ours G5V and one Gas giant, two smaller ice giants like our system on orbit with low eccentricity (probably there are more)

Nice . me too Capricorn here

Comment

Definitely not observable with the naked eye because it's an 8th magnitude star so you won't see it in any astrologer Capricorn pictures. Come to think of it, there weren't exactly armies of astrologers predicting a star in the constellation of Capricorn which is apparently far more interesting than the visible ones.

I'm quite sure that the Webb telescope finally gets launched, hopefully in 2021,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...pace_Telescope

that HD_204313 will be a high priority observation target.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Definitely not observable with the naked eye because it's an 8th magnitude star so you won't see it in any astrologer Capricorn pictures. Come to think of it, there weren't exactly armies of astrologers predicting a star in the constellation of Capricorn which is apparently far more interesting than the visible ones.

I'm quite sure that the Webb telescope finally gets launched, hopefully in 2021,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...pace_Telescope

that HD_204313 will be a high priority observation target.
                          I'm just wondering how the project costs exploded over the years.
                          On the other hand it wasn't different with Hubble, NASA has one Hubble and US surveillance several Kh-15 spy satellites, which are practically copies of Hubble without sun collectors on low earth orbit.
                          So we know where priorities lie in space science. It's more important to reading papers in hand of Chinese politicians from the orbit than to find new planets.

Comment

I'm just wondering how the project costs exploded over the years.
                            Simple. Projects with big budgets attract political animals like flies to shit. Soon you see managers move in and the project is 10x bigger than it used to be for the same technical output.

On the other hand it wasn't different with Hubble, NASA has one Hubble and US surveillance several Kh-15 spy satellites, which are practically copies of Hubble without sun collectors on low earth orbit.
                            So we know where priorities lie in space science. It's more important to reading papers in hand of Chinese politicians from the orbit than to find new planets.
                            There could be a argument to be made that stopping WW3 is more important than discovering exoplanets.

However, when you take into consideration that people are happy to go to see movies made in Hollywood "about going to Mars" that had cost far more to make than the cost of India's Mars mission, and the multitudes who whine about "money wasted on space research" then there is more than meets the eye.

If humanity had invested the economic activity generated by crap such as star signs into space exploration, then we would have already had colonies on Mars decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

That’s right! The Ford Taurus. They are used as police cars here.

Um, scusi , do you mean ford Taunus ?? as in Taunus mountains in Germany ?

Zodiac for me =straight 6 column shift,,came from England,the less frilly version called zephyr were used by the cops in England...

Comment

Working...
                              X