Pope Benedict 16....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsgsbkht
    …why don't we get back on topic? I'm still waiting for [DrS] to explain how atheism is at all necessarily incompatible with all religion. If [he] can manage just that, maybe [his] tantrum would look a bit less like a deflection tactic. (No promises, though.)
    I just googled “atheist religions”, followed some links and a bunch of them turned up. Some I knew about, some I didn’t. Buddhism (some forms only) is the best known atheist religion.

As for DrS, you’ll never convince him of anything. He’s irrational and obviously disturbed. I invite anyone interested to review his posts on this and any other topic. What you’ll see is a petty-minded, malicious individual who enjoys putting people down. A hooligan of the Internet and a pox on this site. He’s obviously a scarred man.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

I just googled “atheist religions”, followed some links and a bunch of them turned up. Some I knew about, some I didn’t. Buddhism (some forms only) is the best known atheist religion.

As for DrS, you’ll never convince him of anything. He’s irrational and obviously disturbed. I invite anyone interested to review his posts on this and any other topic. What you’ll see is a petty-minded, malicious individual who enjoys putting people down. A hooligan of the Internet and a pox on this site. He’s obviously a scarred man.
      Hmmmm as if by magic and for someone who claims not to read my posts when mentioned TDLCVI turns up lol. On the subject of scarred men are you going to ask me how many times I jerk off in a week again?.....dirty boy.

Or are you just angry I, and pretty much everyone else here by now has seen through all your superficial know it all bluff and bravado for the hypocrite, liar and all round nutcase you are, add to that your acute controlling personality disorder and you are a time-bomb waiting to explode. Oh and about "irrational" and "obviously disturbed" only one of us has claimed to of had direct messages from god....psssst it wasn't me

Now why don't you run off and get your topless monkey boy to fight your battles for you as usual, hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by DrSchadenfreude View Post
        It makes perfect sense, you chose to call them rhetorical questions after I pointed out you made a fool of yourself, but I can see why you would cling to your position about it.
        You seem to have a problem with temporality. You will note that I identified my rhetorical questions as such in my very next post after posing them, because your response to them had been to treat them as non-rhetorical questions. I was doing you a service by showing you your error sooner rather than later, that you might spend a shorter rather than a longer time labouring under a miscomprehension. It doesn't seem to have done you any good, since you have dug in your heels instead of moving on and engaging with the topic.

You have consistently shown how angry and petulant
        Where and by what means have I shown this? Are you sure you aren't engaging in wishful thinking?

you get when you don't get your own way
        What is my way and how have I not gotten it? My intention in posting was to clarify what atheism and religion are and are not, and the relation between them. I think that I have done so, at least to an extent, despite your resistance to the message.

and have now slipped into the predictable last bastion role of projecting your feelings as mine
        I'm just calling things as I see them. Your propensity to insult others, change the subject and forget about the actual substance of the discussion gives off a pretty strong impression that you are an unstable person, prone to cattiness and dummy-spitting. If this is inaccurate then you might amend your conduct to reflect that. I have given you, and will continue to give you, every opportunity to do so.

and yes of course i'm having fun watching you ask and answer your own questions.
        It is reassuring to see a young person enjoying the learning experience. Are you starting to feel confident about identifying rhetorical questions? (That's one, too!)

As for explaining anything to you with[COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px] the remedial intellect you have inadvertently shown here it will be far too time consuming for me to try and teach you anything.
        Would you like to give a sermon anyway? I'm sure that all the big-brains knocking about the place will learn a lot from you!

I saved the best for last "Touchy and defensive about religion" you say.....
        Why, yes! The very sort who has a sook when his beliefs are challenged, jumping straight to name-calling rather than engaging in any sort of transparent discussion. Tell me again about how I just don't understand the real, true atheism that has been revealed to you.

au contraire, religion is fantastic and I've had some of the best laughs ever in this particular forum, from the dull lonely Canadian village idiot (TDLCVI) another religious know it all that failed here even under the mildest scrutiny and his direct messages from god along with peewee the self confessed psychotic on medication with visions of demons screaming at him at the foot of his bed right through through to the angry intolerant muzlums preaching here about being peaceful and tolerant, all of them without fail assured they are going to their version of heaven whilst anyone that calls them out on their nonsense is going to their version of hell, all served with a pious dose of hilarious hypocrisy, what's not to like.
        Do your friends know that you are so attached? Identifying kindred spirits is all well and good, but you should try not to be clingy.

Now, given your penchant for answering your own questions why don't you use this thread as a chance to make it your own personal blog, I have a feeling you have got some sort of your own personal religious revelations you could share or perhaps your thoughts on the moral decline of mankind, like the others mentioned you have all the hallmarks of someone who thinks he is in a position to know what is in store for everyone else.
        However far man falls, at least it shan't be so dull and nasty a place as whence you pulled this little marvel.

Go ahead with that feeling of yours and tell me what you know I think about religion. You can have more than one guess. By all means, have as many guesses as you want; I'll tell you when (or rather, if ever) you figure it out.

If there is anything else I can help you with just ask.....and then answer it yourself of course
        How could I turn down so generous an offer?

Comment

Originally posted by bsgsbkht View Post
          You seem to have a problem with temporality. You will note that I identified my rhetorical questions as such in my very next post after posing them, because your response to them had been to treat them as non-rhetorical questions. I was doing you a service by showing you your error sooner rather than later, that you might spend a shorter rather than a longer time labouring under a miscomprehension. It doesn't seem to have done you any good, since you have dug in your heels instead of moving on and engaging with the topic.

Where and by what means have I shown this? Are you sure you aren't engaging in wishful thinking?

What is my way and how have I not gotten it? My intention in posting was to clarify what atheism and religion are and are not, and the relation between them. I think that I have done so, at least to an extent, despite your resistance to the message.

I'm just calling things as I see them. Your propensity to insult others, change the subject and forget about the actual substance of the discussion gives off a pretty strong impression that you are an unstable person, prone to cattiness and dummy-spitting. If this is inaccurate then you might amend your conduct to reflect that. I have given you, and will continue to give you, every opportunity to do so.

It is reassuring to see a young person enjoying the learning experience. Are you starting to feel confident about identifying rhetorical questions? (That's one, too!)

Would you like to give a sermon anyway? I'm sure that all the big-brains knocking about the place will learn a lot from you!

Why, yes! The very sort who has a sook when his beliefs are challenged, jumping straight to name-calling rather than engaging in any sort of transparent discussion. Tell me again about how I just don't understand the real, true atheism that has been revealed to you.

Do your friends know that you are so attached? Identifying kindred spirits is all well and good, but you should try not to be clingy.

However far man falls, at least it shan't be so dull and nasty a place as whence you pulled this little marvel.

Go ahead with that feeling of yours and tell me what you know I think about religion. You can have more than one guess. By all means, have as many guesses as you want; I'll tell you when (or rather, if ever) you figure it out.

How could I turn down so generous an offer?
          Is the translation of all that sulking wall of text is that you think women who have had a child out of wedlock are whores?

In the meantime you and TDLCVI can keep liking each others posts, you seem exactly the same in regards to mental stability.

Edited to make you feel better about your previous editing.
          Last edited by DrSchadenfreude; 04-18-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

you think women who have had a child out of wedlock are whores?
            Am I to take it that you think bastards are just the bee's knees, then? Would it hit too close to home if I said whoreson instead?

In the meantime you and TDLCVI can keep liking each others posts, you seem exactly the same in regards to mental stability.
            And you can keep on liking your own. I'll leave it to the reader to determine what that says about your psyche.

Edited to make you feel better about your previous editing.
            Edited to feed your fairy-story.
            Last edited by bsgsbkht; 04-18-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Am I to take it that you think bastards are just the bee's knees, then? Would it hit too close to home if I said whoreson instead?

And you can keep on liking your own. I'll leave it to the reader to determine what that says about your psyche.

Edited to feed your fairy-story.
              Gotcha

I knew you would end up being fun, are you a catholic? because anything else would be heresy? Have you got any other revelations regarding women's morality? You'll show 'em, they deserve it eh

I've no need to like my own, it is not my fault i'm two likes popular

Not edited, I don't feel as sorry for you now.

Comment

Gotcha
                Got nothing.

I knew you would end up being fun, are you a catholic? because anything else would be heresy?
                Keep fishing.

Have you got any other revelations regarding women's morality? You'll show 'em, they deserve it eh
                Where did I say anything about women? Or morality? Or revelation, for that matter? You'll just confuse yourself doing this.

Comment

Got nothing.

Keep fishing.

Where did I say anything about women? Or morality? Or revelation, for that matter? You'll just confuse yourself doing this.
                  Got plenty but more would be nice

You mean you are ashamed to reveal your beliefs?, if any, that sort of shoddy attitude made baby jebus and Richard Dawkins cry

Do you think a child out of wedlock is a sin and a woman should be ashamed of herself in that position. Do you think black people are inferior to white people? You could make a difference here if you only tried.

Comment

Got plenty but more would be nice
                    Keep trying.

You mean you are ashamed to reveal your beliefs?, if any, that sort of shoddy attitude made baby jebus and Richard Dawkins cry
                    The truth is very much the opposite. I am giving you a chance to discover, little by little, how far off the mark your assumptions are. I don't expect you'll fix your attitude as a result of this experience, but it gives me a good laugh watching you tilt at windmills.

Do you think a child out of wedlock is a sin and a woman should be ashamed of herself in that position. Do you think black people are inferior to white people? You could make a difference here if you only tried.
                    If I were to answer these sorts of questions in depth, I'd be spoiling the fun!

Comment

Keep trying.

The truth is very much the opposite. I am giving you a chance to discover, little by little, how far off the mark your assumptions are. I don't expect you'll fix your attitude as a result of this experience, but it gives me a good laugh watching you tilt at windmills.

If I were to answer these sorts of questions in depth, I'd be spoiling the fun!
                      No need, you've become quite transparent....

I think he's right, and even if he's wrong about the connexion to sodomite "priests", he's right about the fact that there's a serious problem of moral decay and filth in
                      modern society.

The truth is I'm right on the mark with you, you are no different to the other kooks here that make a fool of themselves for my entertainment and for that reason I hope you never change your attitude.

Those were rhetorical questions so you've added to my fun.

Comment

No need, you've become quite transparent....

The truth is I'm right on the mark with you, you are no different to the other kooks here that make a fool of themselves for my entertainment and for that reason I hope you never change your attitude.

Those were rhetorical questions so you've added to my fun.
                        Is this you giving up, or realising your error?

Comment

Is this [him] giving up, or realising [his] error?
                          He is both unable to give up and to realize his error. He’s probably a very weak personality and he needs the validation these confrontations afford him to bolster his self-image. And he’s not able to realize his error because he’s not conscious of it. Really, he isn’t capable of being aware of his errors. You are dealing with a sick person in him.

Comment

Is this you giving up, or realising your error?
                            This is you realising I have you pegged.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

He is both unable to give up and to realize his error. He’s probably a very weak personality and he needs the validation these confrontations afford him to bolster his self-image. And he’s not able to realize his error because he’s not conscious of it. Really, he isn’t capable of being aware of his errors. You are dealing with a sick person in him.
                              You are a coward, liar, hypocrite and have an acute controlling personality disorder TDLCVI You can throw up any smokescreen you like but nothing will ever change that fact. Using bsgs as a springboard to vent your rage about me because I have proven these facts sums up all you are worth here, and as mildly entertaining as that is I doubt he needs any help from someone that hears voices, even if they are from "god" according to you

Now run along have a drink and take it out on your poor long suffering wife as usual, or better still have a drink and find the courage to address me directly

LOL

Comment

This is you realising I have you pegged.
                                As... what, exactly? A Catholic who (inexplicably) cares about women alone and not men or children or the order of society as a whole? Is that really your best guess?

Comment

Working...
                                X