X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elishar
    started a topic Pope Benedict 16....

Pope Benedict 16....

The retired pope has written a statement, wide ranging but highlights that the pope believed the moral depravity of the hippie era contributed to the homo sexuality and pedophilia among priests..

• Etsia
    replied
    Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

I am on topic hypocrite, that is why I'm asking you how Jews solved their problem with paedophilia. Maybe some of your solutions could be used by Catholics as well
    You take criticism against Catholic church very personally and attack people who actually speak about it. Yes, problems with paedophilia do not exist just in Catholic church, everyone knows that, the OP is Jewish so what? Does it mean he should just stick to topics concerning his own? I don't think so. And Catholic church is sure full of paedophile priests which is a huge problem and in my opinion the first possible solution to this problem would be severe punishment of such priests for this crime and condemnation of such priests by authority and other people in the community, be them Catholics or not. Turning a blind eye onto it or getting defensive is no way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Elishar
    replied

I am on topic hypocrite, that is why I'm asking you how Jews solved their problem with paedophilia. Maybe some of your solutions could be used by Catholics as well
    Let's see how the Vatican solve their problem and perhaps we can all learn..

Leave a comment:

• jordan_rudess
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Elishar
    replied

No need, this is connected to your topic. I mean, you urge Catholic Church to solve the problem of paedophilia, while your relligion has the same problem.
    Then logical conclusion is that, you have solved this already in your own yard and can give advices to Catholics on how to solve it. Otherwise you'd sound quite hypocritical, don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• jordan_rudess
    replied
    Originally posted by Elishar View Post

Don't put "words in my mouth" ,, if you want a topic on paedophilia in Judaism, open one..
    No need, this is connected to your topic. I mean, you urge Catholic Church to solve the problem of paedophilia, while your relligion has the same problem.
    Then logical conclusion is that, you have solved this already in your own yard and can give advices to Catholics on how to solve it. Otherwise you'd sound quite hypocritical, don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• Elishar
    replied

You mean Jews didn't do anything about the problem of pedophilia in judaism? Well this speaks volumes isn't it

Leave a comment:

• Hades91x
    replied
    Originally posted by bsgsbkht View Post
    As I understand things, paedophiles have managed to infiltrate the priesthood in other churches than just the Roman one, including those that allow priests to marry. I would have to check the numbers carefully to be say anything precise, but I think the investigations performed in Australia shewed that Anglican and Romist organisations, though accounting for a large proportion of incidents in absolute terms, when accounting for the relative size of communities, had lower rates of child sexual abuse when compared to various Protestant denominations and other religions. On this basis I should say that it's not clear that clerical celibacy is related to child sexual abuse.
    In Australia makes roman-catholic church 23% of all beliefs. Hence catholic church has to compete with other christian churches and hasn't such an influence on politics and society compared with countries where catholics are the major belief. In cath. majority countries many orphanages, schools, holiday places/events for children and monasteries operate below patronage of the clergy or cath. organizations like Opus-Dei. Those are places where physical and sexual abuse of children and adolescent happen as well. A pedo priest needs an opportunity to abuse a kid and some extent of impunity that will be grant by pious defenders, blind police and prosecution. This is what drives so many pedophiles into the rows of cath. church. Celibacy has another reason and isn't connected to pedophilia.
    Silencing and disguise of sexual abuse became in last decade difficult for the church through uncontrollable information transfer over social media and internet. A family of sexual abused kid in a small village society isn't so isolated anymore and the peer pressure to keep silent cases of pedophilia doesn't work at all.

Leave a comment:

• jordan_rudess
    replied

Yes it is not only a catholic problem, but the catholic religion is the topic of this discussion...As a member of interpals I have the right to give my thoughts and you do NOT get to decide who can comment and who can't...
    You mean Jews didn't do anything about the problem of pedophilia in judaism? Well this speaks volumes isn't it

Leave a comment:

• Elishar
    replied

Ok, but
    Kindly reminding that this is not only Catholic Church problem, it is problem of all relligions including yours. What actions against pedophilia in Judaism were taken by Jews?

Church is conservative institution and reacts slow. That is why it still stands after 2000 years
    Yes it is not only a catholic problem, but the catholic religion is the topic of this discussion...As a member of interpals I have the right to give my thoughts and you do NOT get to decide who can comment and who can't...

Leave a comment:

• jordan_rudess
    replied

Desparate men often seek desparate solutions so in the light of the ongoing and accumulating scandal perhaps he might give support but who listens to a retired pope especially by one tainted by cowardice in the face of the enemy...
    Just because there are no new headlines to this scandal does not mean that it has gone away,I am sure that for many catholics the ball is in the papal court and they are waiting for a positive resolution from the pope...
    It won't be easy , imagine yourself the C in C of a one million strong army,,,,and suddenly you must replace your entire officer corps..
    A revolt and power grab by the corps ?
    I think that the majority of priests are straight and if THEY join With the pope it can be done...
    Marriage for priests...
    Males confess to the priest..
    Females confess to the local mother superior...
    Ok, but
    Kindly reminding that this is not only Catholic Church problem, it is problem of all relligions including yours. What actions against pedophilia in Judaism were taken by Jews?

Church is conservative institution and reacts slow. That is why it still stands after 2000 years

Leave a comment:

• jordan_rudess
    replied
    Originally posted by bsgsbkht View Post
    As I understand things, paedophiles have managed to infiltrate the priesthood in other churches than just the Roman one, including those that allow priests to marry. I would have to check the numbers carefully to be say anything precise, but I think the investigations performed in Australia shewed that Anglican and Romist organisations, though accounting for a large proportion of incidents in absolute terms, when accounting for the relative size of communities, had lower rates of child sexual abuse when compared to various Protestant denominations and other religions. On this basis I should say that it's not clear that clerical celibacy is related to child sexual abuse.
    In my opinion pedophilia is sexual perversion that may appear in abnormal situation, just like increased homosexual contacts in prison. I think a lifetime ban for sex may have similar effect and create perversions, but yes that is just my theory

Leave a comment:

• bsgsbkht
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Elishar
    replied

Well cancelling celibacy isn't the idea of Pope Benedict. It's mine. Benedict is a conservatist so imo he wouldn't support this
    Desparate men often seek desparate solutions so in the light of the ongoing and accumulating scandal perhaps he might give support but who listens to a retired pope especially by one tainted by cowardice in the face of the enemy...
    Just because there are no new headlines to this scandal does not mean that it has gone away,I am sure that for many catholics the ball is in the papal court and they are waiting for a positive resolution from the pope...
    It won't be easy , imagine yourself the C in C of a one million strong army,,,,and suddenly you must replace your entire officer corps..
    A revolt and power grab by the corps ?
    I think that the majority of priests are straight and if THEY join With the pope it can be done...
    Marriage for priests...
    Males confess to the priest..
    Females confess to the local mother superior...

Leave a comment:

• jordan_rudess
    replied
    Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

Celibacy can't be the problem since celibacy was always there long before the hippies came and brought pedophilia to the catholic church
    Well cancelling celibacy isn't the idea of Pope Benedict. It's mine. Benedict is a conservatist so imo he wouldn't support this

Leave a comment:

Working...
X