Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Religion is the opium of the people"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post


    And relligion is not opium for the people, it's natural human need.
    For some people maybe but not for everyone. Many people do not need religion in their lives, including myself.

    And yes, religion, just like any other drug, makes people affected, we see how religious fanatics behave, what views they share, religion is against human nature and was created just to grab money and power and get rid of those who disobeyed.

    Comment


    • #17
      Religion is necessary because we humans need it. I will explain it after sharing this words:

      Man has been created with a strange, subtle nature distinguishing him from all other living beings and making him an exception to them. By virtue of this there have arisen in him the desire to choose, and the wish for the most beautiful things and for fine decoration, and a natural desire to have a livelihood and position befitting humanity.
      For his food, dress, and accommodation - the need for which arises due to the above-mentioned desires - to be prepared proficiently man has need of multiple arts and crafts, but he is incapable of practising all of these on his own. He needs therefore to mix with his fellow-men and to co-operate with them, and for all of them to assist each other and exchange the fruits of their labour. However, since so as to allow men's progress by means of the mainspring of the will the All-Wise Maker placed no innate limits on the [three] human powers of appetite, anger, and intellect - as with the animals and their limited powers - tyranny and aggression have arisen. And since no limit has been placed on them, the powers [tend to] aggression and the [human] community is in need of justice when exchanging the fruits of its labour. But because the intellects of single members of society are incapable of comprehending justice, the human race as a whole needs a general or universal intellect [to establish] justice from which all may benefit. And that intellect is the universal law, and that law is the Shari'a. Then in order to preserve the effectiveness of the Shari'a and its enforcement, a lawmaker is necessary, someone to lay claim to it and promulgate it, an authority, and that is the Prophet (Upon whom be blessings and peace).
      Signs of Miraculousness - 161

      So if you read this carefully you will understand why we need religion. We have to control our three power appetite power intellect like Said Nursi mentioned.

      Look at today's world you will see the bad side of not to use good of this emotions...So we need rules. Religion is full rules for both self and social life.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
        Lol most countries you classify as socialist had that- including the ones you claim had went bankrupt due to "marxist ideology"

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by grgur View Post

          Lol most countries you classify as socialist had that- including the ones you claim had went bankrupt due to "marxist ideology"
          You don't seem to grasp the difference between capitalism, socialism and a hybrid like state capitalism in China.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Etsia View Post

            For some people maybe but not for everyone. Many people do not need religion in their lives, including myself.

            And yes, religion, just like any other drug, makes people affected, we see how religious fanatics behave, what views they share, religion is against human nature and was created just to grab money and power and get rid of those who disobeyed.

            Well of course not all people, because people have different needs. One needs adrenaline the other one needs peace and calm, one needs power and authority the other one needs to use his creativity as artist, etc etc

            On the same basis there is a group of people that needs this feeling of some higher being caring about them. And that is why relligion is not against human nature. Equality is against human nature ,but not relligion

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

              You don't seem to grasp the difference between capitalism, socialism and a hybrid like state capitalism in China.
              neither do you, since ALL STATES EVER are hybrid states, lel

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by grgur View Post

                neither do you, since ALL STATES EVER are hybrid states, lel
                Oh please, you're one of them too?

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think as less social a society/country is organised as more you need religion as a, an imaginary friend and hope for especially the poor/disadvantaged people and b, to ensure law and order.

                  In a social(-istic) society the need of a higher caring being is filled by the society/humanity itself.....in a real and not an imaginary way.

                  All European countries are organised social(-istic) to varying degrees and take care that those who can't take care of themselves are taken care of. (not always with full success and the necessary extent, but trying)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                    I think as less social a society/country is organised as more you need religion as a, an imaginary friend and hope for especially the poor/disadvantaged people and b, to ensure law and order.

                    In a social(-istic) society the need of a higher caring being is filled by the society/humanity itself.....in a real and not an imaginary way.

                    All European countries are organised social(-istic) to varying degrees and take care that those who can't take care of themselves are taken care of. (not always with full success and the necessary extent, but trying)
                    well said,
                    but there's still distortion even on full success. the religious may still perceive it's an imaginary friend interference factors. which will blur what's cleared again.
                    e.g. A lend B money, B prefer to say 'thank god' rather than 'thank you'. Note: both A and B are religious.
                    a friend of mine told me his experience many years ago, he expected no gratitude in return, but still the unique impression left in him and became a story.
                    it's blurrier when among religious.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
                      I think as less social a society/country is organised as more you need religion as a, an imaginary friend and hope for especially the poor/disadvantaged people and b, to ensure law and order.

                      In a social(-istic) society the need of a higher caring being is filled by the society/humanity itself.....in a real and not an imaginary way.

                      All European countries are organised social(-istic) to varying degrees and take care that those who can't take care of themselves are taken care of. (not always with full success and the necessary extent, but trying)
                      Oh sure that's why all those conversions to islam in the west huh? The need for relligion is something that cannot be catered by any sort of welfare state

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Karl Marx when there is in hell? the books and philosophy will not help him
                        Atheism is mental illness.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post
                          Oh sure that's why all those conversions to islam in the west huh? The need for relligion is something that cannot be catered by any sort of welfare state
                          Which conversions to Islam huh? Your own? Did you start reading the Quran finally?

                          The number of people who leave religion is rising in all European countries.
                          Young people decide actively to leave their religion inclusive children of Muslims.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

                            Which conversions to Islam huh? Your own? Did you start reading the Quran finally?

                            The number of people who leave religion is rising in all European countries.
                            Young people decide actively to leave their religion inclusive children of Muslims.
                            https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2...rting-to-islam

                            From couple years ago already, and I suppose not it only got worse after your chancellor has invited millions of them here

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by jordan_rudess View Post

                              Oh please, you're one of them too?

                              No, I just don't categorize economic policies under made up ideological umbrellas

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by grgur View Post
                                No, I just don't categorize economic policies under made up ideological umbrellas
                                ?Your choice, I do actually. Quite handy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X