What do you think about Jehovah's witnesses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lewini View Post
    People must give up their rules and must accept Qur'anic rules. For example our laws says there is no heritage to mother...But Qur'an says give her 1/6
    stop bullshitting.
    Women inherit much less than men according to the Quran. There are a handful exceptions for rare cases. But the most frequent standard case - children inherit from their old parents.....then the daughters get the half of sons.

No - people must not accept those rules which make no sense today anymore. They are unjust....usually for the females, like already Goethe found out . They base on the Arab reality of a tribal paternally culture 1400 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewini View Post
      I agree with you. If people especially Muslims are in a good life in their countries they would not wanted to live at these countries. Muslims must make self criticism. The small problem is in Muslim's life . They don't know about Islam and Islam is no way in their life. Come and ask Turkish people about their religion. Most of them won't give right answers. And look at Muslims life whether they do what religion says to and whether they don't do what religion says don't do. Iraq is the same. Syria is the same. Many of Muslim countries are the same. Yes I criticise Muslim world but I also know many countries and groups works on this matter and they are happy to see this case. Their punishment will be The Hell. Muslims punishment is troubles they live.

This is the dust on Islam and people like you couldn't see the reality about Islam because of this reason.
      Islam makes self-criticism impossible.....the result are your current cultures. Any criticism brings you in danger to be punished for blasphemy.

This is what you are unable to see. You are blind in love with your religion - unable to even think about any criticism in its rules.

As soon as Islam takes place in a real democracy....it kills the democracy and turns into dictatorship and suppress all tolerance and progress.
      An impressive evidence is what is happening in Indonesia. It was one of the most tolerant and progressive Muslim countries....as long as Islam was not free. As soon as democracy freed it from restrictions, Islam started to show its ugly face:
      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1PI0BJ
      Last edited by Suna123; 08-02-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Econymous View Post
        It deprived me of everything. It put me into a position where I have to fight against the world. now i'm stuck. and i've been trying to change ever since.
        it damaged everything about my psyche
        it's the most cucked belief system.
        I was looked at like the school shooter by my peers

Well... I'm not an ex-JW but I can understand what it feel where you're in.
        And do you get help by psychologist about what you feel?

About the Jehovah's Witnesses believe, I think it's distorted if you look at Jesus teachings in th Bible and they (Central College) need to be exposed.

Comment

Lunatic apostates; they should be put to death.

Comment

Originally posted by DrIao View Post

About the Jehovah's Witnesses believe, I think it's distorted if you look at Jesus teachings in th Bible and they (Central College) need to be exposed.
            Critical thinking by Witnesses about Witness scriptures and publications is openly discouraged.

Comment

I do not know what I tell them?
              What they do is nonsense.. really unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Critical thinking by Witnesses about Witness scriptures and publications is openly discouraged.

Sure, it is.
                But Bible encourage the critical thinking, more exactly, Jesus.
                I don't understand their behavior because it's completely the opposite of what they read in the Bible. ((

Comment

Sure, it is.
                  But Bible encourage the critical thinking, more exactly, Jesus.
                  I don't understand their behavior because it's completely the opposite of what they read in the Bible. ((
                  Jehovah’s Witnesses do not read the Bible. They read a spurious translation of the Bible that changes Jesus into a created being, an ordinary man. There are other changes as well. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (The Witnesses) is not a Christian religion, it is an entirely different faith. So while critical thinking is encouraged in the Bible, the Witness’s aberrant translation of their “bible” does not encourage it.

Comment

@RogerCarmel
                    I know this translation and I've read a little. Very different from the version I usually use.
                    By the way, they use other versions of the Bible (Darby, King James or Louis Segond) to reassure people about their distorted version.

Comment

@RogerCarmel
                      I know this translation and I've read a little. Very different from the version I usually use.
                      By the way, they use other versions of the Bible (Darby, King James or Louis Segond) to reassure people about their distorted version.
                      Maybe in France they use other versions but not here. I would suspect that whenever they bring out a Louis Segond it’s designed to put contentious people at ease. Witnesses are only to read their own aberrant translation of the Bible as well as other publications of the Society.

It remains that a religion which considers Jesus to be a created being cannot be considered Christian. There are other important differences with genuine Christianity but this is the major one.

Comment

Maybe in France they use other versions but not here. I would suspect that whenever they bring out a Louis Segond it’s designed to put contentious people at ease. Witnesses are only to read their own aberrant translation of the Bible as well as other publications of the Society.

It remains that a religion which considers Jesus to be a created being cannot be considered Christian. There are other important differences with genuine Christianity but this is the major one.
                        then if Jesus was mere a created being you will stop being Christian right?
                        is that not a weak basic of faith to you

Comment

Originally posted by green3apple View Post

then if Jesus was mere a created being you will stop being Christian right?
                          is that not a weak basic of faith to you
                          This isn’t about me. Belief in Jesus as God is one of the fundamentals of Christianity. If a religion conceives of Jesus as a man, then it cannot be Christian.
                          In Witnesses theology, Jesus is nothing more than “the greatest man”.

Comment

Same as about any nutjobs from any other sect...

Comment

Originally posted by Lammahjoub View Post
                              I do not know what I tell them?
                              What they do is nonsense.. really unfortunate.
                              They do similar nonsense islamic nutjobs do - harm people around if they get involved in their shitty sects.

Comment

True.
                                And when you try to convince them Jesus is beyond humans and angels, they don't want to hear the truth. It's in the Bible, tho

Comment

Working...
                                X