Physics and Chemistry Inquiries.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physics and Chemistry Inquiries.

Hello. I just want to make a topic so that people can post their questions for the prior mentioned fields of scientific study. Everyone is free to ask/answer any questions in topic.

What will happen when all of the atoms in the universe decay? Please explain in 100 words or fewer in case as obviously, with this atom decay, we don't have much time left to read responses.

Comment

This is unlikely to happen because when a star decays long enough and gets to the heaviest element it can fuse in its core, it supernovas, in rare cases hypernovas, and creates a nebula, or in some cases, neutron stars, magnetars, or if massive enough, a black hole. Within those nebulae, the particles combine to create more stars, meaning that there will always be a universe, always leading into entropy, as dictated by the 2nd law of Thermodynamics. (This was made in 78 words. 87 if you count this.)
      Last edited by Johnyh; 03-15-2017, 11:35 PM.

Comment

this seems very logical idea Nicholas
        what is your level of study ))

Comment

Actually, I read that the atoms will all decay in approximately 10^120 years. I forget the source, though. And with the universe expanding, doesn't that mean pieces of matter will be further apart on the average so they won't as readily combine into new star factories?

Comment

What do you think about the big bang theory ? Do you think that it was exactly the way our universe appeared ?

Comment

This is why I am agnostic. What began it all? If a big bang, where did that initial material come from? If theological, where did that deity derive? Maybe it really is "turtles all the way down."

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanBiff View Post

This is why I am agnostic. What began it all? If a big bang, where did that initial material come from? If theological, where did that deity derive?
                My thoughts coincide with yours on this issue.

Comment

You agree that I'm agnostic or about the turtles?

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanBiff View Post
                    You agree that I'm agnostic or about the turtles?
                    I agree with the part of your sentence I've quoted, not about the turtles. )

Comment

To respond to Murcat, I do believe the big band to be the proper idea for the creation of our universe. Based on scientists' equations and our models for how the universe works, it makes sense as to it being correct.

Comment

And to respond to Drimar, I am 14 years old. I am in 8th grade, so I don't learn much from school. I learned all of that from personal study online and through text at my public library.

Comment

yeah i thought the same thing about the big bang theory but the problem still unsolved until now is how is how this univeres are created from nothing ;that will be in contradiction with causality principle

Comment

Not necessarily, because in quantum mechanics, we have observed the law of conservation matter broken. We have observed subatomic particles appear randomly in the universe without anything causing them to form, but at the same time, the antimatter equivalent is formed, and immediately disintegrates the matter.

Comment

Most physicists can't get the head about this notion of "random or probablity" in Quantum physics coz in this area where it's limite ! and this creation of univers from a vacum state is necessary towing to somethings which can't explained by QM and still the dark side of it howerver can solve a lot of problem founded by quantization of it . as he said albert Einstein the God don't play with backgammon for say that's happen randomly
                              sorry for my English.
                              Last edited by Drimar; 03-17-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X