No announcement yet.

How to Configure Personal Router

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Configure Personal Router

hi all,

I have purchased a Netgear N150 WNR612. While configuring it detects static IP and asks for it. How can I know the my IP Address,IP Subnet Mask,Gateway IP Address,Primary DNS & Seconadary DNS IP address? Do I have to submit an application to do so. My requirement is to broadcast my connection over wifi to my mobile devices.

Plenty of guidance is available if you know where to look. When discussed in other InterPals threads, I said: "you need to look for free DNS servers and type in the two Internet Protocol addresses unique to that provider. With Apple, you also need to update your list of DNS servers via advanced settings (or write two lines of code), otherwise default settings may slow you down by 25-30%. Won't advertise which three I used, but one was Danish (free) operating in both internet protocols (IPv4 & IPv6)." Another problem accepting the default DNS server setting is that you may face rejected reconnection unless you pay a hefty (unnecessary) fee.
    Last edited by look4swissmiss; 03-13-2018, 12:47 PM.

This guide will come in handy .There you will find all necessary instructions. Just follow them and you will manage to setup your router connection. Good luck/