X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen Photos:

<u>First of all:</u>
    Please note to keep all user reports to the report system, or to Private Messages with a Moderator.

Here is a tip, to try and help you deter people from stealing your photos:

Put a watermark on your photos, of your name, or interpals screen name. I suggest you use your screen name, because its more specific to your account, anyone can be named "Steve" or "Rachael" or so on.

To do this, it is as simple as opening your photos up in some sort of photo editor, and putting text in. If you do not have a fancy photo editor, "Paint" is fine - but with other photo editors you can add opacity, which will make the signature an actual watermark - the words come up as slightly see-through, so its not obtrusive to your photo.

If you don't have photo shop, or a fancy program, a free program that is extensive and downloadable is GNU Image Manipulation Program, or affectionatly know as GIMP.

Here is a list of other programs you can download to add watermarks, i should note, that i have not played with these programs, so i cannot tell you how to run them, using/downloading these programs leaves it up to you to figure out how to do it.

Here as well, is an online watermark program, where you can add the watermarks to any photo online, without downloading any software - the only problem is, you will have to re-download your photo to your computer, to host on Interpals. Not much of a problem, but i raise that because i'm speaking to different levels of tech-savvy, and proficient users here.

<hr>If you do not know how to add a watermark, or feel unable to successfully add a watermark to your images, please feel free to send me a PM and i will try to help you add one to it, no matter it be me doing it for you, or pointing you in the direction of how to do it.

Comment

That is a good idea,I had my username on my new pics after the old ones were abused think it helped.Now I don't
      have the username on them just made albums visible for friends.The harasser asked me to take the username off
      the pics else he won't leave me alone,maybe it was silly to listen to him but I did and he seems to have gone.
      Let him play if he ever appears again,block,ignore,report works best He will finally be deleted.

Comment

GIMP is much better than Photoshop because I don't wanna pay $700 for it when I have GIMP. Yes, it does cost $700 here in the state of Washington.

Comment

Where are you buying photoshop? I'm in the state of Washington and got it at Costco for just over $100

Comment

That is a really good idea, to put your username on you pics...

Comment

Could they just crop it by cutting off the name or watermark?

Comment

Hey there fellas! Sorry for reviving this long thread, but this thing happened to me today, and that guy had the stupidity to visit my profile and alert me to him, after which I promptly reported him. I had a little feature-mark on my photo and he removed it by cropping it, so it is quite a viable option to just crop the picture, as anyone can do so. I do not get why these people do this, as it just makes me feel outright weird as heck when it happened to me the first time today!
                do I smell food...?

Comment

Originally posted by FM893 View Post
                  Could they just crop it by cutting off the name or watermark?

Yeah.

Why not steal a picture NOT from Interpals though lol? Like Google Images...

Comment

Originally posted by Nederdenglisch View Post

Yeah.

Why not steal a picture NOT from Interpals though lol? Like Google Images...
                    You'd be surprised; people find that too much work
                    "someone farts,you're going to say Islam did.I do not understand why people talk about Islam a lot.I say hundred times; PERSONALITY.Christian,Muslim,Jewish,Atheist has nothing to do with.You're trying to pick a fight."

Comment

Originally posted by jenni4n4 View Post
                      Where are you buying photoshop? I'm in the state of Washington and got it at Costco for just over $100

People buy software?
                      (FBI if you're watching please don't come after me)

Comment

Interpal should not allow anyone to download another person's photo or snip it without permission

Comment

actually it's very easy to steal any photo. At least you can't just download photo here like from Facebook or VK. but you can just make screenshot and edit it in mspaint, photoshop or whatever. Or just use grab ( program for OS X )
                          Anyway yeah I'm really surprised people paying for software like gimp or photoshop lol. just use torrent (sure it's illegal) Now I'm expecting federals around my house
                          Last edited by Daniel080488; 08-19-2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullaris View Post
                            Interpal should not allow anyone to download another person's photo or snip it without permission
                            It's in the rules. People are not supposed to be using images from other people. If they are, report them and a moderator will deal with it.

Originally posted by Daniel080488 View Post
                            Anyway yeah I'm really surprised people paying for software like gimp or photoshop lol. just use torrent (sure it's illegal) Now I'm expecting federals around my house
                            You're 18 and probably have never worked in software development before, as a core developer. When I was younger, I used to pirate software. Then I started working and spent countless hours designing, producing, redoing, testing, etc, etc, etc and when the time came to upgrade or get new software, I bought them instead. Yes, Photoshop CS6 Master Collection at the time cost the company about $2,300 USD, but we take in $30,000 to $60,000 projects. Why wouldn't it be justified to buy software that helps generate money? If you're using software for personal reasons, then get GIMP which is free. There is no reason why anyone would pirate software, unless they want to try it out before buying it.

Papier Love Story
                            Don't believe in long distance romance? We found each other online in 2010, got married in 2013 and it all started right here on Interpals.
                            [Youtube] [Facebook] [Website]

Comment

Originally posted by Ricemonster View Post

You're 18 and probably have never worked in software development before, as a core developer. When I was younger, I used to pirate software. Then I started working and spent countless hours designing, producing, redoing, testing, etc, etc, etc and when the time came to upgrade or get new software, I bought them instead. Yes, Photoshop CS6 Master Collection at the time cost the company about $2,300 USD, but we take in $30,000 to $60,000 projects. Why wouldn't it be justified to buy software that helps generate money? If you're using software for personal reasons, then get GIMP which is free. There is no reason why anyone would pirate software, unless they want to try it out before buying it.
                              I agree. I mean If you working with the programs like a PRO (if you need it for your work or whatever) you should buy it. Anyway in Czech no one from my friends will never ever buy Photoshop they would be like if I'm crazy to buy it and not download from torrent or idk where.... At least I'm buying music on iTunes it's kinda same most of people would download song than buy it. But it's real different for example between USA and CZ about iTunes and buying software etc. problem is- it's so easy just download all these stuffs for free so why not then ...
                              Last edited by Daniel080488; 08-20-2015, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X