Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self help thread..... For help with site bugs and potential fixes.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self help thread..... For help with site bugs and potential fixes.

Post your site problems here and hopefully other members will step in with a solution or advice on how to fix it.

Lets see if we can cooperate with one another rather than playing the blame game.
    Last edited by RRicho; 11-03-2016, 01:42 AM.

Great idea RRicho, can you keep this at the top/sticky?

If you have a problem with the pages constantly reloading it maybe something to do with the time settings in the forum settings page, this is the fix, just click X to stop the page reloading and change the time and click save, http://forum.interpals.net/settings/account

Comment

Quite a brilliant idea!

May I ask for help first? I have been trying to put some particular users on the ignore list within the forums but no sooner do I click upon 'save changes' than the name(s) vanish into thin air. I should be ever so obliged if someone could come up with a solution concerning this issue. Myriad thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Goosequillian View Post
        Quite a brilliant idea!

May I ask for help first? I have been trying to put some particular users on the ignore list within the forums but no sooner do I click upon 'save changes' than the name(s) vanish into thin air. I should be ever so obliged if someone could come up with a solution concerning this issue. Myriad thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if you can do this in the forum .... might only work for PM's .... maybe someone can enlighten us.

Comment

Originally posted by cacalipig View Post

If you have a problem with the pages constantly reloading it maybe something to do with the time settings in the forum settings page, this is the fix, just click X to stop the page reloading and change the time and click save, http://forum.interpals.net/settings/account
          Thank you, especially for your link, it was a great help to me.

Comment

Looks like it's not the point to have the time set to GMT: I have had GMT and it reloaded. Now I've changed it to my actual time zone and it works. So the point seems to be, change it.
            Niin, łell, äkschly...

Comment

I changed back to my normal time zone (GMT) and it works properly now. I had to have it set to Hawaii time before...

Comment

Originally posted by frozenmadness View Post

Looks like it's not the point to have the time set to GMT: I have had GMT and it reloaded. Now I've changed it to my actual time zone and it works. So the point seems to be, change it.
                I think as you say you just need to make 'a' change to stop the page reloading, but it stops the page reloading so at least we can post )))

Comment

Originally posted by Anairthuaid View Post
                  I changed back to my normal time zone (GMT) and it works properly now. I had to have it set to Hawaii time before...
                  Aloha ))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Inane View Post
                    Thank you, especially for your link, it was a great help to me.
                    You're very welcome )))

Comment

RRicho, perhaps you could add 'SITE BUGS GLITCHES POTENTIAL FIXES' to the title? or we will end up with people that want help with their psychological problems too (wink)

Comment

Hey there, I'm on the no-contact list apparently (which is why I can't use the forgot password tool) but luckily, there is a way to resubscribe. However, when I enter my email on the re-subscription page to get a confirmation email it errors: "Email could not be sent because the address is in our do-not-contact list. You must first remove it from the list." But that is exactly what I'm trying to do. Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks for the help. So far this did the trick... Sadly enough it took me about 30 attempts to get all your steps done in the 1.5 seconds time between two reloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Jd_Jd_Jd View Post
                            Thanks for the help. So far this did the trick... Sadly enough it took me about 30 attempts to get all your steps done in the 1.5 seconds time between two reloads.
                            Great Chewbacca's mother you should have just clicked 'X' to stop the page reloading between steps and done it with ease lol, but kudos for managing to get it done that way )))

Comment

Originally posted by JeroenNL View Post
                              Hey there, I'm on the no-contact list apparently (which is why I can't use the forgot password tool) but luckily, there is a way to resubscribe. However, when I enter my email on the re-subscription page to get a confirmation email it errors: "Email could not be sent because the address is in our do-not-contact list. You must first remove it from the list." But that is exactly what I'm trying to do. Any ideas?
                              Sounds like a job for Admin as they will probably have to send you an email manually.

Comment

Working...
                              X