Searching profiles by city

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching profiles by city

Is it possible to search profiles by city or only by country?

It is possible but tricky.

The most important is that you first need to find a person from that city, once you find the first person you'll be able to find everyone else very easily.

For example someone want to meet someone from Montréal, so what I do?

Montreal is a large city, and it's the largest French speaking city in Canada. So I go to Interpals search and I look for Canada as country and French language as filters until I find someone who lives there. As a large percentage of French-speaking Canadians live in that city it will be easy, about the half of results show me Montréal. Once I find someone who lives there, I click his city and I'll get a list of everyone who lives in Montréal. See: https://www.interpals.net/app/search...h&city=6077243

Now I know that 6077243 is Montréal city code, I can save it and I'll always be able to find people who live there using that code. With this list I can use different filters and for example search only +70 years old women who speak German and live in Montréal.

Bigger cities are easier to find, especially when there is only one big city in the country.. You can also search the city name both in Interpals search system or Google, but it fails a lot. And when everything else fails there's a final system that always works:

Create a new username in Interpals and set as location the city you're looking people from. Then all you'll have to do is click in my profile and then your city in the top, you'll be able to find everyone else who shares this city. Save the url with the city code (like the Montréal example) and log off, log in again with ChrisShiva and use that url, so you won't need to contact people with that fake account. You can change your location every two weeks, so you can keep this user and change his location later to find people from a new location.

Comment

Thanks Enric!

Comment

May I know why I cannot change my current location? I am told it can be changed once in two weeks, yet I've been here for three and can do nothing nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Soporific View Post
          May I know why I cannot change my current location? I am told it can be changed once in two weeks, yet I've been here for three and can do nothing nonetheless.
          You can change your location now, we have reset it for you ..... make sure you get it correct this time.

Comment

I have the same problem with changing my current city. I didn't want to show a city, so I never wrote it down here. Just my country.
            Then there was suddenly the capital city of here and I clearly don't want this.
            So I want to fill in my real city. But not Vienna!
            I tried, but it didn't work out right.
            I hope someone can help me because I really don't want it the way it is right now..

Comment

Working...
            X