Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robots creating FAKE girls profiles.. like one after another.... 10 at a time...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwi_guy View Post
    Or maybe shadow-banning scam accounts? Like, the scammers can't tell (and hence don't adapt anything), but no longer show up in search results and their messages don't go anywhere? Just throwing ideas around
    Better not to mention anything at all and mindf* the oxygen thieves

Comment

Interpals,

Monday morning, at 8:00am, they are still coming through.

I am sick of reporting them. I can only assume you WANT 1000+ fake profiles.

Good luck with your site.

dr. Darrell of Michigan. ( sitting in the computer department of a university ).

Comment

Originally posted by DrDarrell View Post
        Interpals,

Monday morning, at 8:00am, they are still coming through.

I am sick of reporting them. I can only assume you WANT 1000+ fake profiles.

Good luck with your site.

dr. Darrell of Michigan. ( sitting in the computer department of a university ).
        Then why don't you work out a way of helping instead of bellyaching about the problem all the time, or if not you could offer to become a profile moderator and help delete these scam profiles that are blighting your life so much, other than that there is another option.....Interpals, free to join, free to leave

Comment

I suppose admin and the mods will get a thankyou now?

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post
            I suppose admin and the mods will get a thankyou now?
            Why what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by fatbeard View Post

Why what happened?
              Seems the numbers of oxygen thief fake profiles have been dropping significantly lately and generally they are being kept at bay...

So, what are we waiting for?

Thanks mods and admins!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

Seems the numbers of oxygen thief fake profiles have been dropping significantly lately and generally they are being kept at bay...

So, what are we waiting for?

Thanks mods and admins!!!!!!!
                Pfffttttt I never saw all these fake profiles in the first place but yes ok thanks mods

Comment

You two blokes are ok, it was the other one the comment was directed at

Takes a bit of time to find the rat hole sometimes .... until the parasite finds another one.

Comment

You two blokes are ok, it was the other one the comment was directed at

Takes a bit of time to find the rat hole sometimes .... until the parasite finds another one.
                    For the record, I agree with the above posters who are defending the Interpals team. Pointing fingers and screaming, or getting huffy about the site not being like the "good old days" isn't going to fix anything, particularly since we all get to use this site for free. My only concern was whether submitting user reports is the most helpful approach, when I am assuming (of course, I don't know) that the Interpals team have search capability of the user database and might be able to find these profiles by their repetitive keywords. By the same token, I can relate to the frustration that some users are experiencing, but I think we could reach a better solution for the Interpals community if we can channel that frustration at the maggots, rather than the staff.

To that end, I've got a few suggestions that might help out. My professional expertise is in networks and infrastructure rather than web / programming, but on the off-chance that they haven't been considered yet, they may be helpful, or at least offer a fresh perspective from lower down the stack. In fact, I'll be off contract from Friday for the next couple of weeks, so I'd happily volunteer some time to help in more depth if I can be of any assistance. Least I can do for 10+ years of making friends here for free I'll send a few ideas through the direct suggestion form so that there is no heads-up to the maggots, and we can take it from there if you want to contact me to discuss any of my suggestions further.

Comment

Thanks for your support ..... reports are the best option at this stage as our profile mod team mostly concentrate on these, we have other 'whack the rat' systems but say no more on here.

Comment

Thanks for your support ..... reports are the best option at this stage as our profile mod team mostly concentrate on these, we have other 'whack the rat' systems but say no more on here.
                        Understood.

And I'll keep my suggestions and speculation on methods off the public forums in future.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi_guy View Post

Understood.

And I'll keep my suggestions and speculation on methods off the public forums in future.
                          I messaged you ....

Comment

Friends,

11:22 Am Eastern time.. Just saw another batch come through.

Just wanted to let you know. If you think you fixed it, you did not.

Thank you.

Dr. darrell of Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDarrell View Post
                              Friends,

11:22 Am Eastern time.. Just saw another batch come through.

Just wanted to let you know. If you think you fixed it, you did not.

Thank you.

Dr. darrell of Michigan.

I have been noticing a number of honey-traps. They continued, but the IT-guys managed to make changes to the profile. So they managed to fix something.
                              I am being vague so not to give away anything. Maybe, if you look at these fake profiles you see, you also notice some changes.
                              Last edited by Boliches; Today, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Mods and admin are on it .... keep reporting them so they are brought to our notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X