• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zirelelil View Post
    What exactly?
    it is not the topic here, but here a link
    https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschl...ist-human.html
    (am not going to translate it)

Drei von vier Prostituierten sind abhängig von Drogen und Alkohol, zwei von drei werden im Job vergewaltigt, zwei von drei leiden unter posttraumatischen Störungen. Das sagen uns internationale Studien.

Die meisten Prostituierten kommen aus den ärmsten Ländern. 90 Prozent des so genannten Frischfleischs, das in Deutschlands Bordellen angeboten wird, kommt heute aus Bulgarien oder Rumänien. Es sind Armuts- und Zwangsprostituierte. Manche werden von ihren eigenen Familien verkauft. In dem Zusammenhang von Freiwilligkeit zu sprechen, ist der pure Zynismus.
    In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post
      it is not the topic here, but here a link
      https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschl...ist-human.html
      (am not going to translate it)
      I don't know German so I'll translate the quote only...
      Enforced prostitution as well as drugs or alcohol is a different issue. Places where its is normally organasied can have no such problems. And that's not really the case. There are more dangerous jobs which isn't considered by society as something bad.

Comment

Enforced prostitution as well as drugs or alcohol is a different issue.
        you only wish it was.

Places where its is normally organasied can have no such problems.
        the quote says that 3/4 prostitutes are addicted to alcohol or drugs, that 2/3 are raped at work, 2/3 suffer from PTSD....enforced prostitution not even included. And this although prostitution is legal in my country and prostitutes can go to the police when the customers misbehave. It is "normally organised". So it is obviously something wrong with this "job" itself.
        In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
          Heavy make up make women look like prostitutes... :x
          Hehe, I remember I opened a thread another day 'what makes one a slut' (though I don't remember what its accurate title was), and everyone agreed that promiscuity is what makes one a slut. Apparently not...

Comment

you only wish it was.
            it is regardless my wishes.

the quote says that 3/4 prostitutes are addicted to alcohol or drugs, that 2/3 are raped at work, 2/3 suffer from PTSD....enforced prostitution not even included. And this although prostitution is legal in my country and prostitutes can go to the police when the customers misbehave. It is "normally organised". So it is obviously something wrong with this "job" itself.
            More likely they are prostitutes because of being addicted to drugs or alcohol but not vice versa. And as I said the danger of a job is irrelevant with being considered as "wrong" because there are dangerous jobs which are "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Flaminguera View Post
              Hehe, I remember I opened a thread another day 'what makes one a slut' (though I don't remember what its accurate title was), and everyone agreed that promiscuity is what makes one a slut. Apparently not...
              there's nothing bad with promiscuity... especially given this idea is hypocritical and applied to females mostly.

Comment

applied to females mostly.
                promiscuous women are sluts and promiscuous men are profligates

Comment

Originally posted by murcat View Post
                  promiscuous women are sluts and promiscuous men are profligates
                  both things are equally normal And still promiscuous women are more objected so far, unfortunately.

Comment

More likely they are prostitutes because of being addicted to drugs or alcohol but not vice versa. And as I said the danger of a job is irrelevant with being considered as "wrong" because there are dangerous jobs which are "normal".

Which job causes PTSD for 2/3 of the people who do this job?
                    When we define rape as a workplace "accident" - which job shows an accident rate of 2/3 or more?

Comment

Which job causes PTSD for 2/3 of the people who do this job?
                      When we define rape as a workplace "accident" - which job shows an accident rate of 2/3 or more?
                      Boxing job causes Parkinson syndrome + many sports can cause serious traumas.
                      Many jobs have high rate of accidents: miners, builders and other. Here's a link (in Russian but you can google translate it): http://fishki.net/2024374-professii-...rozhivesh.html
                      All these jobs are still considered as normal. And danger is irrelevant as I had said.

Comment

Yes I use make-up and feel comfortable going outside without it.

While I can understand the no-makeup movement has a good cause behind it, aiming to encourage women of all colours to embrace their real beauty and feel confident, I feel like it also sends off a message that if you're wearing makeup you are insecure and superficial. Wearing no makeup shouldn't mean "hey I'm a natural beauty so I'm better than you and much more confident." If you want to wear makeup, do it. If you don't, that's fine too. No party should be brought down.

For instance, I had a guy telling me I wear makeup really well and even better than my friend, and that friend soon remarked snarkily "oh well natural beauty is so much better anyway". She gave me the vibe that she's better than me and that I'm ugly for relying on my makeup. Those kind of attitudes are well annoying.

Comment

My vote is for natural beauty! I personally hate heavy makeup. I personally prefer to take care of skin keeping it young and health. Every other week I go to the spa http://www.spaandskin.com/ for facials mainly, manis/pedis, massages. And sometimes I just love to pamper myself.

Comment

I think makeup is disgusting : )
                            But I think it is a personal choice to wear it, so I am not interested in even trying to "ban" it or get it removed or anything like that.
                            If people want to smear that shit in their face, they should be allowed to, but their beauty won't increase in my eyes by doing so at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                              I think makeup is disgusting : )
                              But I think it is a personal choice to wear it, so I am not interested in even trying to "ban" it or get it removed or anything like that.
                              If people want to smear that shit in their face, they should be allowed to, but their beauty won't increase in my eyes by doing so at least.
                              I think too much make up is disgusting but what do you think about make up applied with moderation? I personally believe if it is subtle and does not look vulgar it is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Etsia View Post
                                I think too much make up is disgusting but what do you think about make up applied with moderation? I personally believe if it is subtle and does not look vulgar it is OK.

Personally I think it is disgusting regardless of how much or how little a person apply : )
                                But in the end, it is up to the person to choose. I wouldn't stop people from wearing it, but I would still never call it nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X