Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utopian or dystopian, how do you see human's future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utopian or dystopian, how do you see human's future?

Probably it's in between, but between a dystopian society or utopian society, based on what you see today which one you think more likely? And if you can choose, which one you expect to live to see?

I don't think everyone would prefer an utopian society. I think a dystopian society have its own romance, which is why people loved to see movies or read a novel about one.

i can't wait for the future, one of the things that inspire me is to see what happens in decades 2030..

Comment

Both together since they are very similars. Utopia from the point of view of the morons living tomorrow and dystopia from the point of view of the stupi people living in 2018.

Dystopian society is nothing someone sane would want to get, it's about pain, sadness and everything that forbid one to be happy.

Comment

Dystopian society doesn't have own "romance" at all. Struggling to survive isn't that funny like many people would imagine who have desire after anarchy and destruction of their current society.
        However, with immigration politics like some wester EU countries have them, is a dystopian future guaranteed
        Only an ignorant thinks that a cultural heritage of a nation what did forge a particular society has no influence, in what for direction the society will develop.
        Last edited by Hades91; 01-08-2018, 12:00 AM.

Comment

The combination of both. It actually reminded me of the Norwegian movie "The Bothersome Man" that describes exactly the same dilemma. By looking at the most successful societies, and what problems they create out of boredom, I think the ultimate image of happy nation will never exist.

Comment

I guest most of us, based on what we see these days, predicting dystopian future while hoping for utopian future. In your opinion, what should we (human) need to change, in order to avoid dystopian future and hopefully achieve utopian future?

Comment

Originally posted by Han1977 View Post
              I guest most of us, based on what we see these days, predicting dystopian future while hoping for utopian future. In your opinion, what should we (human) need to change, in order to avoid dystopian future and hopefully achieve utopian future?
              - stopping immigrants from free movement
              - deportation of illegals which are a burden for social systems
              - stopping of giving away/exporting food and any financial help to underdeveloped countries, they have to learn to stay on their own legs
              - equalizing of retirement money for everyone as avoiding of financial overloading of current working generations

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post

- stopping immigrants from free movement
                - deportation of illegals which are a burden for social systems
                - stopping of giving away/exporting food and any financial help to underdeveloped countries, they have to learn to stay on their own legs
                - equalizing of retirement money for everyone as avoiding of financial overloading of current working generations
                Such will be China's internal politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                  I could say that I think my country is not a well developed country. The funny thing when I heard people from "developed" country talking about their financial help, is that, I rarely (actually never) see people around me (people I know) get to see these financial help they're talking about.

Comment

I could say that I think my country is not a well developed country. The funny thing when I heard people from "developed" country talking about their financial help, is that, I rarely (actually never) see people around me (people I know) get to see these financial help they're talking about.
                    Thieves in developing countries is the helping to thieves in developed countries.

Comment

Because it's either the state or the NGOs that get the financial help usually... Moreover the help was kinda obvious after the tsunami in 2006, in the poorest areas with kids or young women or the orangutan.
                      There is no point to help people in the cities who are too busy at destroying everything (patrimony, water, air, environment...) but don't really need help to get food or an "education".

However I think he was more talking about country such as Bengladesh or African countries, which basically have an Iphone but still no food.
                      Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 01-13-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

Because it's either the state or the NGOs that get the financial help usually... Moreover the help was kinda obvious after the tsunami in 2006, in the poorest areas with kids or young women or the orangutan.
                        There is no point to help people in the cities who are too busy at destroying everything (patrimony, water, air, environment...) but don't really need help to get food or an "education".

However I think he was more talking about country such as Bengladesh or African countries, which basically have an Iphone but still no food.
                        Well I post mine after I read Hades's post :
                        stopping of giving away/exporting food and any financial help to underdeveloped countries, they have to learn to stay on their own legs.
                        In the case of tsunami, expecting these people to stay on their own legs, would be more or less, similar to see someone got hit by a car and then telling him to stand on his own leg.
                        In the case of kids or young women, in the poorest area, to learn to stay on their own legs, is like saying a one years old kid to look for their own food.

What I'm trying to say, I don't think most people in under developed country living by expecting help from the developed country. People goes to work, do various kind of job to get by, to survive.

In the other hand, in your example, I say, they deserve to be helped and I don't see how stop giving them any assistance, would help us in creating a better world.

Wait a minute, maybe it helps.... what's the word for it? Culling?

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post

Thieves in developing countries is the helping to thieves in developed countries.
                          I think that's part of it. I don't know much, but when it's between government to government, I think the financial help often came in the form of :
                          1. Loan.
                          2. Big infrastructural project, which the money goes to a company, most of the times a company from the same country who give assistance.
                          3. Military.

Most financial assistance which went directly to those who are really in need, seems came from individuals, non-profit charity organization, religious based organization, etc. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Well I post mine after I read Hades's post :

In the case of tsunami, expecting these people to stay on their own legs, would be more or less, similar to see someone got hit by a car and then telling him to stand on his own leg.
                            In the case of kids or young women, in the poorest area, to learn to stay on their own legs, is like saying a one years old kid to look for their own food.

What I'm trying to say, I don't think most people in under developed country living by expecting help from the developed country. People goes to work, do various kind of job to get by, to survive.

In the other hand, in your example, I say, they deserve to be helped and I don't see how stop giving them any assistance, would help us in creating a better world.

Wait a minute, maybe it helps.... what's the word for it? Culling?
                            I said "however", because he wasn't speaking in the case of a disaster or educational stuff (which is the case in Bali and some other areas from what I've seen) but of people who get only food/money and that's all. I agree with him on that, it's far better to teach someone how to fish, to work a land or to hunt than offering meat and rice.

Many people in African countries are expecting help... Some of them push the hypocrisy to the point of asking reparation while they get benefits of the western countries and go to live in the countries of the "monsters" they are complaining about.

Again, there is assistance and assistance, giving somebody everything without asking anything back won't be helpful.. Try to give your kids anything they want to see, firstly, hwo spoiled brat they will be and, secondly, how disabled they will be when you won't be there for them anymore.
                            That's the same with international help, you come to a point some people have an Iphone but still don't know how to earn money or to get food.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

I...Again, there is assistance and assistance, giving somebody everything without asking anything back won't be helpful.. Try to give your kids anything they want to see, firstly, how spoiled brat they will be and, secondly, how disabled they will be when you won't be there for them anymore.
                              That's the same with international help, you come to a point some people have an Iphone but still don't know how to earn money or to get food.
                              Yes, you're right.

Comment

Working...
                              X