• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rationalism + feminism taking hold?

Seems Catherine Deneuve is speaking some sense here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42630108

What do you think?

I like the way BBC translated "importuné" (bother/importune/annoy) to "hit", importuné was already a word used by Le Monde, which is their own translation from what they understood of the letter. There was absolutely no mention of hitting a woman in this letter, but anyway...

Catherine Deneuve and people who signed that letter seems to be mostly from an older generation, a generation that is pretty close to the generation may 68 (which is the one who gaves more rights to many women in France), to me they are strong women who foughts for their ideas.
    In comparison, a part of the "feminists", nowaday are "fighting" on tweeter or facebook and over abusing the victim car (like Algerians, strangerly) and always use anything they can to push down their opponents (by saying they want men to hit women when nobody said that for example) and mixing all and nothing. The most funny in this is that many men in France lost their balls an are afraid to go to talk to a woman because they will be labeled as pervert or be reported on twitter for exmaple, even if they weren't doing something important.

Seriously, I would prefer a strong woman who say the things in face to face or who slap a man who annoys her than those cowards who are delating all and nothing (from the best to the worst) on social networks and who are doing a huge fuck to the justice. Those people are making a society of weak hypocrites who can't do anything else than basckstab the people they don't like.

For the letter :
    http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/article/...9134_3232.html
    Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 01-10-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

This old shrew isn't an interesting object for such "grabber" anymore. But I enjoy the hypocrisy of so (((credible))) BBC. If somebody with the name ✡Weinstein✡ does something like that, there are tons of women and press authors who say "he is only a man... blah. blah" but as Trump said "grab them by the pussy" without raping someone it was the end of the civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post

Seriously, I would prefer a strong woman who say the things in face to face or who slap a man who annoys her than those cowards who are delating all and nothing (from the best to the worst) on social networks and who are doing a huge fuck to the justice. Those people are making a society of weak hypocrites who can't do anything else than basckstab the people they don't like.

A strong woman doesn't fuck for a role in a film and when she does it then she doesn't complain that she has to do it again for the next role, because for anyone with a little bit brain tissue is clear "one time a whore = all time a whore"

With social media you're right, it's mob hype or stamping machinery for desired mass effects. If the particular effect is contrary to desired one comes brutal censure and discrimination into idyllic social media world with equal right for everyone and/or monetizing blockage for the authors of such blasphemy content on YT.
        Last edited by Hades91; 01-10-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post

What do you think?
          I think the new Guardians of Acceptable Ethics & Thought - namely, the medias of this world - will always have it in for people who step out of line. Say something that doesn't conform to acceptable thinking and you'll get a cartload of crap dumped on you. It used to be religious institutions excommunicating heretics...

Things haven't really changed. Only the religion has...

Comment

I like the way BBC translated "importuné" (bother/importune/annoy) to "hit", importuné was already a word used by Le Monde, which is their own translation from what they understood of the letter. There was absolutely no mention of hitting a woman in this letter, but anyway...
            where in the BBC report is mentioned something about hitting women? I only see "hit on" women in the title....what has a complete different meaning. And yes men should be absolutely allowed to hit on women and the other way around of course as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

where in the BBC report is mentioned something about hitting women? I only see "hit on" women in the title....what has a complete different meaning. And yes men should be absolutely allowed to hit on women and the other way around of course as well.
              Thank you, I didn't know it has a different meaning so I checked and you're right so I take back my words on BBC.

Comment

I have already been threatened by women to make rape/molestation charges against me in 3 cases:

1. Once I became angry on one subordinate (married female employee) for not completing work on time. I admit that I raised my voice a bit but my point of frustration was only related to work and its failure to be completed on time. She threatened back to me that I can't talk to her like that as she belongs to a committee against sexual offence in offices and can anytime frame charges against me for rape and molestation. I informed regarding this is to my general manager(male), and he said that as its a government office and he is also a male, he is also helpless regarding this issue. As The committee against sexual offence is independent of the bureaucratic hierarchy in the organization. So moral of the story is being a manager, I can't control my women subordinates for not completing work on time. The point is that these women are trying to play on same topics- to give shame to men to make them silent!

2. Once while I was travelling in train , I saw one whole family was fighting against a young college girl, because they asked her to exchange position with a woman who was with a baby and give her window seat. The young lady refused and there started victimhood blaming against her and they became really ugly against that girl. I couldn't stop myself as I said they can't force and become ugly against the college girl as she buyed the ticket and its her right whether to leave or sit on her seat. Next, the woman with baby became too ugly on me as she saw that the young college girl now got a support of a man. She threatened me that whether I was supporting her just because she is a young woman? She threatened to me that she can complain against me with sexual molestation charges to the train ticket collector and this young girl won't be able to help me in this case.

3. Once my friends wife tried to arrange one love affair with me and her psycho dumb friend. But i was not at all interested to become couple with her. The friends wife tried a lot of 'heavenly and romantic' coincidences like calling her when we are going to resturant so that she can be my couple. She even went to the point where we had drinks at her home and they said they don't have extra bed, so me and her had to sleep on same bed at night. I was not at all interested so I went to sleep right after falling in bed. After this incident I became a bit cautious and stopped going to their house. Later when I said to my friends wife that to stop doing all these, she blamed me fully for being a misogynist, and men like me are the ones who does all rape and molestations. I became speechless!

** Sometimes I get to hear allegations like "rapist/molestor/misogynist" from Cricketusa/Suna on forum too, but I sincerely hope they won't be able to frame any sexual molestation charges against me.

Comment

The phrasal verb 'to hit on sb" means to make sexual advances on sb or to show very directly that you are sexually interested in sb. The meaning in English is usually highly negative. I suspect that "importuné" has a somewhat softer meaning than the translation used by the BBC. Something like "making a pass at someone" or even "clumsy annoying flirting" might have been a better translation I guess.

Everyone has the right to do it of course. Ultimately, procreation of the human species depends on it - except if you are from a culture of forced marriage, something that these postmodernist feminists are suspiciously silent about...

Both women and men / boys and girls can be clumsy about it. The reality is that in the vast majority of cases, the one subjected to the clumsy attempt will usually laugh at it and even gossip about it. The one making the clumsy attempt might learn and get better at his or her romantic social game.

Now, sexual assault is a very very different matter and should never be confused with the above - like postmodernist "feminists" tend to do by seeing everything in black and white (and often confusing black with white) in their dystopian sophistic reality.

Catherine Deneuve and people who signed that letter seems to be mostly from an older generation, a generation that is pretty close to the generation may 68 (which is the one who gaves more rights to many women in France), to me they are strong women who foughts for their ideas.
                  Yes, they fought for their ideals, faced genuine problems and ultimately achieved gains - and the subsequent generation of postmodernist parasites take hold of this and use it to gain power without the real danger that had existed (their only real "danger" is the odd bruised ego when their shit gets called out).

In comparison, a part of the "feminists", nowaday are "fighting" on tweeter or facebook and over abusing the victim car (like Algerians, strangerly) and always use anything they can to push down their opponents (by saying they want men to hit women when nobody said that for example) and mixing all and nothing.
                  Exactly. They are not feminists at all - they are political opportunists who use buzzwords related to feminism and "feminism" (their version of it) in order to gain the levers of power purely for the purposes of exerting power over others.

The most funny in this is that many men in France lost their balls an are afraid to go to talk to a woman because they will be labeled as pervert or be reported on twitter for exmaple, even if they weren't doing something important.
                  Postmodernist feminists whine about "being bullied" then they themselves engage in bullying of the worst sort. People - both men and women - should stand up to such hypocritical whining pseudointellectuals.

One thing to go after someone like Harvey Weinstein (Schweinstein - how come the media hasn't been throwing that nickname around for him, seems obvious to me ) who almost certainly was full-on sexually harrassing and raping women and deserves everything he is getting - another to blackmail someone with false threats about "sexual harassment" or "rape".

I can relate a funny story once about a woman who described me in terms such as "condescending" for opening the door for her. I told her words to the effect of "open it yourself" next time and "what's the address for sending the invoice for assisting you?". That shut her up.

These socially unadjusted social IQ morons perhaps should realise that not every action is done in a normal civilised society in order to try to acquire sexual favours. Yes, men should "man up" and stand up to such bullshit.

At their core, I find that most of them are rather pathetic human beings who like to manipulate others by proxy.

Je te remercie

Comment

Originally posted by RoyofSupratik View Post
                    I have already been threatened by women to make rape/molestation charges against me in 3 cases...
                    Really? I always thought you were gay...

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
                      This old shrew isn't an interesting object for such "grabber" anymore. But I enjoy the hypocrisy of so (((credible))) BBC. If somebody with the name ✡Weinstein✡ does something like that, there are tons of women and press authors who say "he is only a man... blah. blah" but as Trump said "grab them by the pussy" without raping someone it was the end of the civilization.
                      It's just cowards who reply to the topic and the OP didn't even offer his opinion.

Yours was a good try, though. This narrative is controlled and I like the word you used, 'hypocrisy.' There wasn't just Trump, either. Clinton already was accused of the same thing but all those feminists and left-wingers were adamant in defending him and the 'Left' was accusing anyone who was a critic of just saying it out of partisan contempt.

I wonder what Weinstein did wrong for his camp to throw him under the bus. They usually are powerful enough to cover it up or at least spin it long enough for it to go away. But, this silly idea that this is some sort of generic 'bad behaviour on the behalf of men' or maybe we can be a bit more specific and say, 'men in positions of power' - etc. etc. is just pure spin to avoid the deeper issue.

Comment

I would love to try a matriarchal society(seriouslly).............lol

Mzzls

Comment

Originally posted by Tux1 View Post
                          It's just cowards who reply to the topic
                          You replied.. does that make you a coward?

and the OP didn't even offer his opinion.
                          A topic can be an open-ended question

In any case, read the sentence from the OP - "Seems Catherine Deneuve is speaking some sense here". It certainly looks like I'm expressing an opinion. Australians tend to use English in a different manner from Americans, Canadians or Brits....

I also expand upon it further in this post here:

http://forum.interpals.net/forum/int...95#post3037795

These sort of topics are not simply a black and white viewpoint - unless of course you are a pseudointellectual postmodernist or far right nutter.

I wonder what Weinstein did wrong for his camp to throw him under the bus. They usually are powerful enough to cover it up or at least spin it long enough for it to go away. But, this silly idea that this is some sort of generic 'bad behaviour on the behalf of men' or maybe we can be a bit more specific and say, 'men in positions of power' - etc. etc. is just pure spin to avoid the deeper issue.
                          Weinstein's dam broke. Simple. Statistically, if you molest/rape hundreds and hundreds of women over time then at some stage someone somewhere is going to get pissed off severely - no matter how powerful you happen to be. Once one person makes the break and has the courage to go public, others follow. No conspiracy needed. Same story when priests were kiddy-fiddling, for example. There's only a certain distance that power can take you before that power becomes delegitimised if you don't deal with the problems.

In short, Weintein's camp was all about the money. Weinstein was going to cost them billions. Weinstein didn't have a leg to stand on and people weren't going to buy into the rehabilitation bullshit. End of story.

Comment

The phrasal verb 'to hit on sb" means to make sexual advances on sb or to show very directly that you are sexually interested in sb. The meaning in English is usually highly negative. I suspect that "importuné" has a somewhat softer meaning than the translation used by the BBC. Something like "making a pass at someone" or even "clumsy annoying flirting" might have been a better translation I guess.
                            When I translate both expressions into German it is the opposite. "importuné" is worse than "hit on" what seems to be the colloquial form for flirting - surely not in a prince charming way, but by far better than "importuné" what seems to be annoying behavior.
                            But ok I don't speak any French and have witnessed "hit on" only two or three times in use by native American-English speakers.
                            Last edited by Suna123; 01-11-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

When I translate both expressions into German it is the opposite. "importuné" is worse than "hit on" what seems to be the colloquial form for flirting - surely not in a prince charming way, but by far better than "importuné" what seems to be annoying behavior.
                              But ok I don't speak any French and have witnessed "hit on" only two or three times in use by native American-English speakers.
                              Thank you for your definition and your explanation.

I think "importuner" is softer. If I should give a more accurate definition than previously, I would say "importuner" (importuné is the same, but importuner is the verb that was used, I made a mistake on that too) is somehow to bother sb by doing/saying something without any reason/when it's innapropriate.
                              Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 01-11-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X