Men still feel protective instinct towards women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men still feel protective instinct towards women

Is the protection of men towards women instinctive or cultural? How is this theme handled in your culture?

I think it's a little bit of both. And of course it shouldn't be disappearing or something.

Comment

Is the protection of men towards women instinctive or cultural?
      It's cultural.
      Instinctive protection comes me in the mind on family members, kids and partners, but not on random people.

How is this theme handled in your culture?
      Exaggerated and uncontrolled violence toward weaker individuals is here not societal acceptable and outlawed. Readiness to defend a random person that is assaulted by somebody depends of course of personal fitness, civil courage and situation assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91 View Post
        Is the protection of men towards women instinctive or cultural?
        It's cultural.
        Instinctive protection comes me in the mind on family members, kids and partners, but not on random people.

How is this theme handled in your culture?
        Exaggerated and uncontrolled violence toward weaker individuals is here not societal acceptable and outlawed. Readiness to defend a random person that is assaulted by somebody depends of course of personal fitness, civil courage and situation assessment.
        The protection of men towards women is both instinctive and cultural...It began with instinct...Long long before there were any religions,,,which seem to be a derivative of culture,,it was clear that females were defended for two reasons,,comfort and being the conveyor of a males genes onward...
        Some people extoll that we are above the animals and then badger us with the " fact" that an animal known as a chimpanzee shares 99. 99999999 of our DNA... Culturally ,, make up your mind..I don't know when man came to the conclusion that to each his own mate but until today these chimps who so totally share our DNA STILL have the system where the most powerful male sires ALL the children of the troupe...
        Why the hell should I risk my life for a woman with whom I cannot have Co itus for the sake of pleasure and my Genes??
        But ! if within the Culture of our group it is agreed one man ONE woman,,of course I will defend your woman because I am sure you will defend mine,,we are a GROUP,,that is culture at least in its beginnings but protecting your OWN piece of ( insert appropriate word )... came first

Comment

Aren't there any social justice warriors left in this forum to get this subject cleared up for us?

Comment

I was ashamed in front of my parents for ...

I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, oh Lord ... It's no stranger to you or me.

https://www.amalgama-lab.com/songs/p...r_tonight.html
            Last edited by dmitri11; 07-09-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

no, for their ego

Comment

Cultural, if it was instinctive then it would be the same for all men. And there wouldn't be a difference from country to country.
                Personally I feel no reason to be protective towards women, they do as they want. And they are not my responsibility.

Comment

It is both, instinctive more towards relatives and family members (mother, wife, daughter, sister,..). It should be natural to every man, but in some men this protectiveness is dissolved. The extend of that instinct is dependent on men's mental maturity. A proper education from the early childhood is important too.

Comment

Originally posted by ElinaMarj View Post
                    no, for their ego
                    or for his alter ego (other self ... the I)?

Comment

Working...
                    X