Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should treatment be forced on all people with psychosis or related diseases?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briancrouse View Post

your statements are very judgemental and do not apply to everyone with psychosis, your clearly uninformed about psychosis. just like its a false stereotype that black people always steal its a false stereotype that psychotics are dangerous.
    I'm absolutely uninterested in what you think about my opinion. You asked what people think and this is what I think, if you are going to get butthurt when you get opinions you don't like better not open threads.

Comment

Originally posted by alan1984 View Post

I'm absolutely uninterested in what you think about my opinion. You asked what people think and this is what I think, if you are going to get butthurt when you get opinions you don't like better not open threads.
      lol. I am definitely not "butthurt" haha Thank you for sharing your opinions. I was just countering your opinion with my own. Thats what threads are for. Dont be butthurt that I countered your uneducated view.

Comment

lol. I am definitely not "butthurt" haha
        This in bold proves otherwise. I should add you asked for opinions, I did not ask for yours which shows which one of us is uneducated. You should not be so insolent generating your anger that I don't feel sorry for you. This brings another part to the equation, how many people pretend to be mentally ill to get state benefits, to avoid work, to play for attention and the sympathy element where as they otherwise wouldn't even be noticed. I will also add only an idiot parrots what was written which annoyed them in the first place in this instance the word butthurt, you can try to be anything but it looks like being original and having one thought of your own is very unlikely.

Last edited by alan1984; 08-13-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

This in bold proves otherwise. I should add you asked for opinions, I did not ask for yours which shows which one of us is uneducated. You should not be so insolent generating your anger that I don't feel sorry for you. This brings another part to the equation, how many people pretend to be mentally ill to get state benefits, to avoid work, to play for attention and the sympathy element where as they otherwise wouldn't even be noticed. I will also add only an idiot parrots what was written which annoyed them in the first place in this instance the word butthurt, you can try to be anything but it looks like being original and having one thought of your own is very unlikely.
          you don't have to ask for mine, its called freedom of speech and the purpose of threads is for healthy debate. Your question of how many pretend to be mentally ill? definitely none of the patients in the hospital with me were pretending. It wasn't a place where any of us wanted to be. Mental illness is just as real as physical illness. How many mentally ill people claim to be perfectly with it is a better question.

Comment

People who exhibit hostility over and over again likely have some personality disorders of their own. Or their parents never taught them proper behaviour, good judgement or tact. Yet such people are still able to function normally in society and to lead productive lives even though they poison the atmosphere around themselves. Such people create more havoc than a person suffering a psychotic episode because they are far more numerous. Should we lock up miserable angry people and medicate them with a happy drug?

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
              People who exhibit hostility over and over again likely have some personality disorders of their own. Or their parents never taught them proper behaviour, good judgement or tact. Yet such people are still able to function normally in society and to lead productive lives even though they poison the atmosphere around themselves. Such people create more havoc than a person suffering a psychotic episode because they are far more numerous. Should we lock up miserable angry people and medicate them with a happy drug?

I looked up a list of personality disorders and skitzofrenia/skitzoaffective is not one of them. Schizoid Personality Disorder is however. schizofrenia is a thought disorder from what I have read.
              Last edited by briancrouse; 08-13-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I looked up a list of personality disorders and skitzofrenia/skitzoaffective is not one of them. Schizoid Personality Disorder is however.
                I should have said borderline personality disorders. I wasn’t talking about full blown schizophrenia in any way. I mentioned before that I had a schizophrenic tenant and he was obviously sick and needed medication. I’ve also had two other tenants over the years who appeared normal at first but definitely had some form of personality disorder. If someone lives in squalor, is unkempt, speaks with hostility, doesn’t speak...in short, if the person is consistently out-of-the ordinary in a negative way, there’s a personality disorder of some sort.

I don’t want such people living in my property but I wouldn’t say they must be locked up and forcibly medicated. The same goes for people suffering from any mental disorder. As long as a person isn’t hostile and doesn’t disturb the peace, they have a right to refuse treatment.

Comment

you don't have to ask for mine, its called freedom of speech and the purpose of threads is for healthy debate. Your question of how many pretend to be mentally ill? definitely none of the patients in the hospital with me were pretending. It wasn't a place where any of us wanted to be. Mental illness is just as real as physical illness. How many mentally ill people claim to be perfectly with it is a better question.
                  How would you know, you are no expert and you already told that some mental people have it and don't know they have it, now you tell definitely none. How many times scumbag criminals murderers child molester perverts try to escape justice in court by pretending they hear voices that told them to do it., good job medical people can then definitely tell nope they're lying and judge locks them up to throw away the key! Safer to lock up 1000 psychotics just to stop one of them committing a crime than let one be free to commit a crime. Whatever happens to electric shock treatment anyway, the medical world seems to just want to cotton wool these pussies that cannot sort themselves out and need pills for everything instead of facing their problems!
                  Last edited by alan1984; 08-14-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

How would you know, you are no expert and you already told that some mental people have it and don't know they have it, now you tell definitely none. How many times scumbag criminals murderers child molester perverts try to escape justice in court by pretending they hear voices that told them to do it., good job medical people can then definitely tell nope they're lying and judge locks them up to throw away the key! Safer to lock up 1000 psychotics just to stop one of them committing a crime than let one be free to commit a crime. Whatever happens to electric shock treatment anyway, the medical world seems to just want to cotton wool these pussies that cannot sort themselves out and need pills for everything instead of facing their problems!
                    wow, it seams you might deserve to be sent to the loony bin. your hatred of the mentally ill says you should never be in charge of public policy that is forsure. scary that you want you to bring us back to the old days that didnt work and was cruel and unsual punishment. Having experienced psychosis twice I do consider myself an expert on it. far more than a keyboard warrior like yourself.

Comment

wow, it seams you might deserve to be sent to the loony bin. your hatred of the mentally ill says you should never be in charge of public policy that is forsure. scary that you want you to bring us back to the old days that didnt work and was cruel and unsual punishment. Having experienced psychosis twice I do consider myself an expert on it. far more than a keyboard warrior like yourself.
                      You're a fake, probably have a court case coming up soon, anyone with real mental problems wouldn't say loony bin. You are just crying I don't feel sorry for you, grow up pussy and stand on your own feet and stop wanting the world to give you sympathy. The only thing you are an expert on is rolling around in self pity, pussy!

Comment

You're a fake, probably have a court case coming up soon, anyone with real mental problems wouldn't say loony bin. You are just crying I don't feel sorry for you, grow up pussy and stand on your own feet and stop wanting the world to give you sympathy. The only thing you are an expert on is rolling around in self pity, pussy!
                        wow. your last post really shows your level of maturity and intelligence. I am quite healthy now as long as I take my medication. I want no one sympathy, however I want uneducated people like you to gain insight into psychosis and mental illness. sadly you would rather call names and lose your temper like a child.
                        Last edited by briancrouse; 08-14-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post
                          And of course people who exhibit traits of having to be in total control over and over again. Claim to have jobs in the prison system so in a position of control, claim to have jobs in mental institutions again in a position of control, recently I have even seen one person who claimed to of had a vasectomy which is the ultimate accolade of always being in control, no kids = no disobedience = no confrontation = always being right and in control. If you add all that up with a pathological hatred of being seen to be wrong and trying any tactic possible to be seen to be right, this behavior is surely the best evidence of an acute personalty disorder yet perhaps this person has managed to hide in plain sight and lived a relatively normal life.

Of course armchair psych 101 would diagnose that this person's parents were too strict hence the control factor, or not strict enough hence the disgruntled control factor annnnnd etc etc etc. It doesn't really matter, in this persons case they have spent their whole life thinking they are cleverer than everyone else so no one noticed their personality disorder, for me that's the best part.

Comment

wow. your last post really shows your level of maturity and intelligence. I am quite healthy now as long as I take my medication. I want no one sympathy, however I want uneducated people like you to gain insight into psychosis and mental illness. sadly you would rather call names and lose your temper like a child.
                            So you don't wan't people's opinion you are just opening this thread to preach and when you don't like the opinion you asked for you call a child, stop crying pussy, I have not lost my temper I just refuse to feel pity for you because you want to be a special snowflake, grow up and be a man. I don't need insight in to your pathetic problems. I do not care if you take medication or not as long as you are kept away from normal people, I would just prefer you be locked up and normal people be safe in case you stop taking medication and harm people, that is my opinion!

Comment

So you don't wan't people's opinion you are just opening this thread to preach and when you don't like the opinion you asked for you call a child, stop crying pussy, I have not lost my temper I just refuse to feel pity for you because you want to be a special snowflake, grow up and be a man. I don't need insight in to your pathetic problems. I do not care if you take medication or not as long as you are kept away from normal people, I would just prefer you be locked up and normal people be safe in case you stop taking medication and harm people, that is my opinion!
                              your opinion is rather lame and out of line. glad you are just a keyboard warrior and not a policy maker!

Comment

your opinion is rather lame and out of line. glad you are just a keyboard warrior and not a policy maker!
                                I do not care what you think of my opinion, you asked for opinions at start and now cry about it when you get one you do not like, that make you the only keyboard warrior pussy. Be a man not a little boy!

Comment

Working...
                                X