Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should treatment be forced on all people with psychosis or related diseases?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should treatment be forced on all people with psychosis or related diseases?

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2018...ept-theyre-ill

This article talks a lot about whether or not someone with psychosis should be compelled to take psychiatrist prescribed medication and/or forced hospitalization. From my own experience with schizoaffective disorder I would say no it should not be forced unless the person is a risk of violence to themselves or others, at which no point was I. Its a common false stereotype that says people with schizophrenia are a danger. I voluntarily went to the hospital 2 times from encouragement from family members. This is how it should be done. Looking to see what everyone else thinks.

• dmitri11
    replied
    Originally posted by Etsia View Post

Oh man, you're parroting what a nurse in this home for the elderly tells you every day....
    Yes, let's drive out the evil spirits ... "There are certain institutions for them" ...an act of senility.

Send your parents a letter to the Gulag.
    Last edited by dmitri11; 01-27-2019, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied
    Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post

?Now, don't forget to take your pills ... But I recommend diapers.
    Oh man, you're parroting what a nurse in this home for the elderly tells you every day....

Leave a comment:

• dmitri11
    replied

Oh, you've even named the institution you reside in, hope life treats you right in this home for the elderly!
    ?Now, don't forget to take your pills ... But I recommend diapers.
    Last edited by dmitri11; 01-26-2019, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied
    ?I am glad Stalin's fellow of the home for the elderly is connected to the internet. it's probably wiser than I am.
    Oh, you've even named the institution you reside in, hope life treats you right in this home for the elderly!

Leave a comment:

• dmitri11
    replied

No, I have no idea what psychosis is like and wouldn't like to know and I wouldn't like to know what psychosis is like when others have it - that's why I'm saying dangerous people must be dealt with accordingly. There are certain institutions for them.
    ?I am glad Stalin's fellow of the home for the elderly is connected to the internet. it's probably wiser than I am.
    Last edited by dmitri11; 01-26-2019, 06:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied
    Have you committed an offence?
    Never knew people can access internet in certain institutions until I saw your comments on here....

Leave a comment:

• dmitri11
    replied
    Have you committed an offence?

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied
    Originally posted by briancrouse View Post

so what your saying is mentally ill people who commit crimes should be punished the same as mentally fit people? How so? Why punish someone for having a disease. You have no idea what psychosis is like.
    Do you consider medical treatment and being locked in a certain mental institution rather than in prison the same punishment for the mental as mentally fit people get? There are cases when mentally ill committed extremely cruel crimes like homicides so yes, such must be locked up in a mental institution for good. What else do you think should be done? Treatment and isolation so that they wouldn't be able to kill anyone else again. Fair enough.

No, I have no idea what psychosis is like and wouldn't like to know and I wouldn't like to know what psychosis is like when others have it - that's why I'm saying dangerous people must be dealt with accordingly. There are certain institutions for them.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchadenfreude
    replied
    Originally posted by alan1984 View Post
    When decent normal members of society are at risk the safest system would be to lock up people with psychosis until mental tests are completed and are medicated to be no threat to anyone.

I will add some people with strong mental illness are unpredictable and not to be trusted and should not be allowed to be unsupervised!
    You're are quite right on all points

Leave a comment:

• fatbeard
    replied
    The return of a nutcase just reminded me of this thread lol. Yes I agree treatment should be forced on psychotics before they become a danger to other people and children especially, if they are a danger to themselves I couldn't gave a rats a$$ as I consider that no great loss

Leave a comment:

• alan1984
    replied
    Originally posted by fatbeard View Post

You will be disappointed to know it doesn't matter what you think as all your reply proves is it seems I have hit the nail on the head. By your petulant reaction you simply show more signs of the very same manipulative controlling personality disorder I mentioned and just for good measure this time you are now playing the victim "for no apparent reason" card as if you have not spent some of your time here outright offending people. You are not in control here, you cannot have things your own way, you cannot force or manipulate people to think you are right, these are the forums where if you write nonsense you will get called out for it, no one has to believe what you write and you can scream "hostile" as much as you like it doesn't change a thing, perhaps the fact you wrote you have been visited by god directly who spoke to you two times in your dreams makes you think you really are better than everyone else here and should receive special treatment.

When you claim to be an expert on something and are obviously not or make a strong blanket statement and are proved wrong and instead of admitting it then spend your time trying to wriggle out of it people do not have to be polite about it just to appease your shallow ego so if because of your personality disorder you cannot deal with that fact there is an easy solution, just stop posting and use the penpal side of the site you desperately keep mentioning which can be found by using the "search" (for penpals) function, if you are very lucky you may find someone that tolerates your Walter Mitty life experience stories with good grace and without reproach, as I said, if you are lucky.

I don't consider you to have a personality disorder, as much as this infuriates you I know you have a personality disorder and by no means a borderline one either as explained in my earlier post.

Nice try but you are not fooling anyone least of all me and your behavior here is neither normal nor healthy, right down to your ocd compulsion to end your every post like this

Perhaps Canada is to blame for this mentals

Leave a comment:

• fatbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Yes, I consider you to have a personality disorder, at the very least. You are hostile in your posts to me - and to most others - for no apparent reason. Normal, healthy people do not exhibit this type of behaviour, especially considering that this is a pen pal site

You will be disappointed to know it doesn't matter what you think as all your reply proves is it seems I have hit the nail on the head. By your petulant reaction you simply show more signs of the very same manipulative controlling personality disorder I mentioned and just for good measure this time you are now playing the victim "for no apparent reason" card as if you have not spent some of your time here outright offending people. You are not in control here, you cannot have things your own way, you cannot force or manipulate people to think you are right, these are the forums where if you write nonsense you will get called out for it, no one has to believe what you write and you can scream "hostile" as much as you like it doesn't change a thing, perhaps the fact you wrote you have been visited by god directly who spoke to you two times in your dreams makes you think you really are better than everyone else here and should receive special treatment.

When you claim to be an expert on something and are obviously not or make a strong blanket statement and are proved wrong and instead of admitting it then spend your time trying to wriggle out of it people do not have to be polite about it just to appease your shallow ego so if because of your personality disorder you cannot deal with that fact there is an easy solution, just stop posting and use the penpal side of the site you desperately keep mentioning which can be found by using the "search" (for penpals) function, if you are very lucky you may find someone that tolerates your Walter Mitty life experience stories with good grace and without reproach, as I said, if you are lucky.

I don't consider you to have a personality disorder, as much as this infuriates you I know you have a personality disorder and by no means a borderline one either as explained in my earlier post.

Nice try but you are not fooling anyone least of all me and your behavior here is neither normal nor healthy, right down to your ocd compulsion to end your every post like this

Leave a comment:

• RogerCarmel
    replied
    Originally posted by fatbeard View Post

And of course people who exhibit traits of having to be in total control over and over again. Claim to have jobs in the prison system so in a position of control, claim to have jobs in mental institutions again in a position of control, recently I have even seen one person who claimed to of had a vasectomy which is the ultimate accolade of always being in control, no kids = no disobedience = no confrontation = always being right and in control. If you add all that up with a pathological hatred of being seen to be wrong and trying any tactic possible to be seen to be right, this behavior is surely the best evidence of an acute personalty disorder yet perhaps this person has managed to hide in plain sight and lived a relatively normal life.

Of course armchair psych 101 would diagnose that this person's parents were too strict hence the control factor, or not strict enough hence the disgruntled control factor annnnnd etc etc etc. It doesn't really matter, in this persons case they have spent their whole life thinking they are cleverer than everyone else so no one noticed their personality disorder, for me that's the best part.
    Yes, I consider you to have a personality disorder, at the very least. You are hostile in your posts to me - and to most others - for no apparent reason. Normal, healthy people do not exhibit this type of behaviour, especially considering that this is a pen pal site

Leave a comment:

• alan1984
    replied
    Originally posted by briancrouse View Post

I am not going to reply to your childish behaviour anymore lest this thread be locked. have a good day son!
    I don't care any less, i'm not the little boy needs pills to try and be a normal man!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X