How do you feel about snitches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
    Can you share with us your knowledge of German dialects?

I can mention here the Russian language. Russian language is alien to dialects. Dialect is considered ignorance in Russia. People from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok (11 timezones) understand each other unambiguously (word for word).
    In most countries, there are regions with their own dialects. The Netherlands even has dialects and it is a tiny country. Indeed, uneducated people tend not to have learned the unified language of their country. Educated people may also speak their local dialect. However, they also tend to speak the official language; some may still have an accent.

Since Liechtenstein is situated somewhat at the centre of the border between Switzerland and Austria, the dialect would be a southern German dialect (Swiss-German - Tyrolean). It, however, is an important banking hub. So, you can expect most people to speak German relatively well. If they speak dialect with you, you might question whether they are taking you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post

... If they speak dialect with you, you might question whether they are taking you seriously.
      Even have no desire to talk. Therefore, German is a ballast for me. Unfortunately, I was not able to choose the language at school. I would need more English and Italian (installation, adjusting, operation of technological equipment.)
      Last edited by dmitri11; 10-07-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X