Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antisocial personality disorder as desired trait ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

I observed this effect in groups as well. I think it could be part of our instincts for group survival. However, I experienced it with alternating roles in groups of the same individuals. It was not always the same person who fell into emotionless state although it was the same group. And it is something I meanwhile even trust on that it happens since it happened always. Sometimes it was me, sometimes somebody else. It is a very interesting effect.

Cutting off emotions is often necessary in life. And for a limited time I think all humans are able to do it.

Cutting off morality and conscience is also possible - but it is not normal and desirable to do it as long it is not a matter of life or death what is rarely the case in our societies nowadays.
    yes, that's for sure. But they only suppress them, after certain limited time those people need a compensation/relief
    Many soldier after first firefight become totally uncontrolled euphoric and make often "trophy" photos with their dead targets. Exactly those people are later those who suffer with PTSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades91x View Post

Maybe is this a normal state of being. Perhaps pretends such a person emotions for the consciousness? But in reality such persons never experienced them?
      There are interesting MRI scans where brain cells consume isotopes with glucose, which show that some people have reduced activity in older, more primitive brain regions which are responsible for emotions. Despite those people would easily pass through ASPD test.
      Maybe are real emotions not desired and toxic from a perspective of a modern society.
      Soldiers with PTSD, borderline , lots of manic depressions....
      I’m not sure where you are going with all this. I first understood that you were asking about psychopaths, then you told me about an experience where you were able to keep your calm when others were becoming irritated. Now you seem to have veered into a conversation about PTSD, borderline personality disorder, manic depression, et cetera.

Whatever...keeping your calm when others are going berserk isn’t a sign of mental illness. It’s admirable self-control. Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

I’m not sure where you are going with all this. I first understood that you were asking about psychopaths, then you told me about an experience where you were able to keep your calm when others were becoming irritated. Now you seem to have veered into a conversation about PTSD, borderline personality disorder, manic depression, et cetera.

Whatever...keeping your calm when others are going berserk isn’t a sign of mental illness. It’s admirable self-control. Amen!
        Amen!

Comment

Ability to stay calm in different stressful situations is sure an advantage, especially in society, at work, there's no need to show how you feel in certain situations, too much sensitivity sure kills a human but we aren't emotionless creatures, we do show our emotions in the circles where we can relax and feel secure. It is one point in this thread.

Another thing is being completely emotionless, immoral, etc...These are sure very disgusting traits some people possess. Such people do not suffer from the lack of empathy as usually narcissists and psychopaths have no empathy and enjoy seeing others being confused and hurt.

What is more, it is as wrong to be completely immoral, emotionless towards others as to be a complete people pleaser when a person gathers all the negativity from others like a sponge and sacrifices his or her own interests in order to please others.

Golden middle is always preferable, like in many situations in our lives. Psychopaths as well as masochists always pleasing others are out of norm in my opinion, narcissistic, unempathetic selfish individuals are out of norm as well. It is not an advantage to be like that in my opinion.

Comment

Wait, did I miss something? Has Hades91 completely lost his marbles or what?

Comment

I met wealthy people too, they've been annoyingly "empty" for a lack of better word

Comment

Originally posted by grgur View Post
                I met wealthy people too, they've been annoyingly "empty" for a lack of better word
                Well, my friends and family are well to do and not one of them is “annoyingly empty”. What often happens in the presence of someone who is well-off, famous or powerful, is that people will either suck up to them or be aloof...standoffish is a better term. I remember quite well a famous and rich pedophile imprisoned for a two-year sentence. Pedophiles are normally ostracized by other inmates but because of this man’s fame, wealth and power - yes, he had all three - he was treated like royalty by the other prisoners. This didn’t surprise me as inmates are quite opportunistic.

What you need to remember is that the fortunate are just regular people like you. They really aren’t anything special and they don’t feel special either.

Comment

Originally posted by VandalValo View Post
                  Wait, did I miss something? Has Hades91 completely lost his marbles or what?

Comment

It looks like you took a double dose of your anti-psychotic medication by mistake...

Comment

It looks like you took a double dose of your anti-psychotic medication by mistake...

Roger you funny old boy, I don't have an anxiety... so as note if you don't know for what are anti-psychotic (tranquilizer) for.

Comment

Roger you funny old boy, I don't have an anxiety... so as note if you don't know for what are anti-psychotic (tranquilizer) for.

Oh, my... I’m worried...now you have an unstoppable twitch. Are you mixing your medication with vodka?

Comment

Oh, my... I’m worried...now you have an unstoppable twitch. Are you mixing your medication with vodka?

well... this develops to a discussion on usual IP level. Take better another hide if you want play with me that way, because I'm not so lenient and nice as I'm to Roger.

Comment

well... this develops to a discussion on usual IP level. Take better another hide if you want play with me that way, because I'm not so lenient and nice as I'm to Roger.
                            This discussion was over until VandalValo made his insightful comment...

You’re nice to naren too. You’re probably a nicer guy than you think.

Comment

This discussion was over until VandalValo made his insightful comment...

You’re nice to naren too. You’re probably a nicer guy than you think.

haha.... I know in your perception is being nice a weakness. You know the theory that the surrounding molds your personality in very high extent.

Comment

haha.... I know in your perception is being nice a weakness. You know the theory that the surrounding molds your personality in very high extent.
                                Actually, being nice is a strength. Especially in the virtual world. It’s much easier to be vicious on an internet forum. What is difficult to be is firm.

Comment

Working...
                                X